HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #7966
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow cool !!!!

I be going this wk but only 4 days due to work schedule....

can ask you some qn ????
you got go to ye liu and jiu fen pu ?
got anything nice there ?

also any nice food to recommand :p
yeliu only have rocks formations, i don't recommend the place if you are not into sceneries and your time there is short.

are u refering to jiu fen or wu fen pu? Jiu fen is a nice place with tea houses to relax at while wu fen pu is a wholesale shopping area for clothes.
Old 26-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #7967

Hi,

Am planning a trip @ last week of Sept.

Planning to cover Penghu, Alishan, Taroko Gorge and Taipei. Would 6-7 nites be enuff?

Any recommendations for accomodations @ Alishan, for those who went before?

Is anyone able to advise on the weather @ the respective area during sept end?

Thanks !
Old 26-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #7968
Master Member

Not really enuff if u intend to visit penhu coz tht'll take u 3D2N. for a proper coverage of those places mentioned, i recommend at least 10days & tht is only if u're already familiar with the routes or u've to do v. thorough planning
Old 26-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #7969
Master Member

yeliu only have rocks formations, i don't recommend the place if you are not into sceneries and your time there is short.

are u refering to jiu fen or wu fen pu? Jiu fen is a nice place with tea houses to relax at while wu fen pu is a wholesale shopping area for clothes.
yeah i didnt go to ye liu cos its super hot. jiufen is good to relax and spend the afternoon there. Do try their fen yuan bing! haha taste like bo bo cha cha ingredient.

Old 26-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #7970
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

Am planning a trip @ last week of Sept.

Planning to cover Penghu, Alishan, Taroko Gorge and Taipei. Would 6-7 nites be enuff?

Any recommendations for accomodations @ Alishan, for those who went before?

Is anyone able to advise on the weather @ the respective area during sept end?

Thanks !
i'd reccomend u to stay at least 2 nites in Hualien. other than going taroko gorge, U can do water rafting, dolphin watching, ocean park etc... Hualien is a nice place to relax

As for Alishan, 1 nites will do as the main objective of going there is to catch the view of sunrise. Here's one of my photos:

Last edited by Zeroplus1; 26-07-2007 at 10:44 PM..
Old 26-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #7971
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah i didnt go to ye liu cos its super hot. jiufen is good to relax and spend the afternoon there. Do try their fen yuan bing! haha taste like bo bo cha cha ingredient.

i'm starting to miss the beef in taiwan

Beef steak @Shilin's Da Tong Yi Nu Pai

Beef Noodles @a noodle shop beside ZhongXiaoFuXing station
Old 27-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #7972

Nice Pictures ,
you went there for how many days ????
Really nice pictures, very clear, What Camera do you use!!!My pics pale in comparison.
Old 27-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #7973
Master Member

Really nice pictures, very clear, What Camera do you use!!!My pics pale in comparison.
oh im using Fuji F31SD. Zeroplus1 yur sunset at Alisan nice!
Old 27-07-2007, 12:44 AM   #7974

By the way, That Grey building behind the Guanghua you went to (See Picture) , That will be the Permanent Guanghua,opening next year.

That Hong Sao Niu Ro Mien Pic really makes me hungry.
Old 27-07-2007, 01:09 AM   #7975
Master Member

oh ya i bought this cute thumbdrive haha
sorry for the ugly fingers

Last edited by shangsiang; 27-07-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Old 27-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #7976
cyg

Talking

The food look nice cant wait to taste it

i check the weather it going to raining dayz when i go over this wkend....

so any other nice places would u recommand
i be going to the following
- Danshui
- Wu Fen Pu
- Xin Yi District
- Jiu Fen

thanks
Old 27-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #7977
Master Member

The food look nice cant wait to taste it

i check the weather it going to raining dayz when i go over this wkend....

so any other nice places would u recommand
i be going to the following
- Danshui (can go to xin beitou for hot spring if u like, but i didnt go cos weather too hot, after that can go tian mu for ps bubu the car restaurant then head to danshui fisherman warf for sunset and bridge light up)

- Wu Fen Pu (go after 230pm, best abt 430 onwards, can go raohe night market cos its near)

- Xin Yi District (i nv go b4 haha)
- Jiu Fen (can plan to go ye liu then jinguashih, then to jiufen and keelung for miao kow for their seafood)
thanks
shilin is a must still got other places like taipei 101 nyny etc if u like
Old 27-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #7978
cyg

Thanks

Yup Shilin is a must go will be going there or xi meng ting on the 1st night for dinner n supper

Xin Yi District is the place ard taipei 101 and Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
Old 27-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #7979

I just got back from Taipei on 25th, TPE WAS super super HOT HOT HOT!!!

and regarding Mao Kong Cable Car, i suggest DON'T TAKE! it has NO AIRCON and it stalled for a FEW HOURS on 21st. I saw it on the tw news. HENG i didnt go, i wanted to go lor...

and on Tues, it rained a while, and the cable car was OUT OF SERVICE. when i took their MRT, there was an announcement that the cable car is out of service.. diao.
i read the cable car got no 避雷针。。 can get strike by lightning !! better be safe than sorry.

anyway i find that wu fen pu is GREAT. well, for gals.. not for guys.. i bought a lot of things there. Shilin is GOOD for FOOD & cutesy t-shirts & accessories...

didn't find any clothes or shoes in Shilin leh. disappointed sia. maybe it was TOO HOT for me to shop in Shilin.

just to share a tip. don't bother going the underground malls they have.. very boring stuff. there's TWD200 shoes found in the underground malls, but all sama as SG. you can go if you really want to buy those 娃娃鞋 (doll shoes). but no need to search through all the shops because 90% all same..
Old 27-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #7980
cyg

I just got back from Taipei on 25th, TPE WAS super super HOT HOT HOT!!!

and regarding Mao Kong Cable Car, i suggest DON'T TAKE! it has NO AIRCON and it stalled for a FEW HOURS on 21st. I saw it on the tw news. HENG i didnt go, i wanted to go lor...

and on Tues, it rained a while, and the cable car was OUT OF SERVICE. when i took their MRT, there was an announcement that the cable car is out of service.. diao.
i read the cable car got no 避雷针。。 can get strike by lightning !! better be safe than sorry.

anyway i find that wu fen pu is GREAT. well, for gals.. not for guys.. i bought a lot of things there. Shilin is GOOD for FOOD & cutesy t-shirts & accessories...

didn't find any clothes or shoes in Shilin leh. disappointed sia. maybe it was TOO HOT for me to shop in Shilin.

just to share a tip. don't bother going the underground malls they have.. very boring stuff. there's TWD200 shoes found in the underground malls, but all sama as SG. you can go if you really want to buy those 娃娃鞋 (doll shoes). but no need to search through all the shops because 90% all same..
Mao Kong Cable Car which mrt train station isit located ?

Is IT really that hot even at night ?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.