HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #8026

i tried to book for Rainbow via https://www.ezhotel.com.tw/ncznhotel/ but all weekend (fri-sun) are marked as fully booked. weird.. and it does not allow me to book Nov 07, too far?

anyone help pls

thks
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #8027

i'd reccomend u to stay at least 2 nites in Hualien. other than going taroko gorge, U can do water rafting, dolphin watching, ocean park etc... Hualien is a nice place to relax

As for Alishan, 1 nites will do as the main objective of going there is to catch the view of sunrise. Here's one of my photos:
Not really enuff if u intend to visit penhu coz tht'll take u 3D2N. for a proper coverage of those places mentioned, i recommend at least 10days & tht is only if u're already familiar with the routes or u've to do v. thorough planning
Hi

Planning to stay 2 nites in Penghu, 1 N in Alishan, 2 N in Hualien, then the rest in Taipei... Cos I've been to Taipei once already, so only going to visit some parts which I din managed to go the first time round.... So.. thk 2 N in Taipei should be enuff...

Will probably be taking domestic flight from Taipei to Penghu, then from Penghu, fly back to Taiwan main island. Then to Alishan, then to Hualien, then back to Taipei. Is this the right order?

When is the best time to visit Penghu? Would end of Sept be too hot?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #8028

taiwan

Just returned from Taipei yesterday.

I followed nuttyazn's 5D4N guide and the trip went very smoothly.

Really want to thank nuttyazn and fellow forumers for their constructive inputs.

I have definitely enjoyed myself for the past 5 days.

Next trip will be 1 month backpacking at Europe.
can you forward me nuttyazn's guide? Please?!?!
I am also going 5D4N.

Thanks!

icebaby1_98@yahoo.com (subject: taiwan)
Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #8029
Master Member

It is on the website.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #8030
Master Member

Hi

Planning to stay 2 nites in Penghu, 1 N in Alishan, 2 N in Hualien, then the rest in Taipei... Cos I've been to Taipei once already, so only going to visit some parts which I din managed to go the first time round.... So.. thk 2 N in Taipei should be enuff...

Will probably be taking domestic flight from Taipei to Penghu, then from Penghu, fly back to Taiwan main island. Then to Alishan, then to Hualien, then back to Taipei. Is this the right order?

When is the best time to visit Penghu? Would end of Sept be too hot?

That means you're planning a 8D7N trip?

Let's brainstorm ah....

Day 1 (Nite: Taipei)
Land in CKS ~6pm. Arrive taipei 8pm stay for the night.

Day 2 (Nite: Penghu)
Early fly to Penghu

Day 3 (Nite: Penghu)
Penghu

Day 4 (Nite: Alishan)
Early fly to Kaoshiung then train to Jiayi, hopefully still hv transport to Alishan but will arrive late evening in time to enjoy dinner & early sleep (3am wake up sunrise next day leh...)

Day 5 (Nite: Taipei)
Alishan sunrise. Then after tht walk around alishan national park, target must depart last bus back to jiayi then train to taipei arriving night time.

Day 6 (Nite: Hualien)
Early train to hualien

Day 7 (Nite: Hualien)
Hualien

Day 8 (Departure day)
Early back to taipei

As above, basically u did spend 2N in taipei but as u see, not much things can be done
Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #8031
Supremacy Member

juz completed my 25th-1st aug taiwan 8day trip.

had a 1 nite stay at the grand hyatt hotel!

its OMG nice!

reccomended for all ppl going taipei to stay there (1 overhead bridge away to taipei 101 building oso)
Old 03-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #8032
Master Member

Actually, i did a 9D8N trip last sept.

And yes sept is good time to go penghu as long as dun sway sway meet typhoon. penghu think of it like beach activities & lots of island hopping. 1st day arrive there just rent car travel around the main island. 2nd day do island hopping. there's even a extremely tiny island available only during low tides tht's made up entirely of seashells! 3rd day quickly fly liao. flying to kaoshiung (or if there's direct flight to jiayi even better). kaoshiung is closer to jiayi than is taipei. more over, its a shorter flight.

anyway, back to my trip. i've to skip penghu coz not enuff time. I didnt spent much time in taipei too, only 1D i think. But i did travel outskirt like jiufen etc. didnt visit yeliu too. if u hvnt visit these places, u can consider skipping alishan as its quite out of way.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #8033
Master Member

juz completed my 25th-1st aug taiwan 8day trip.

had a 1 nite stay at the grand hyatt hotel!

its OMG nice!

reccomended for all ppl going taipei to stay there (1 overhead bridge away to taipei 101 building oso)
shiok hor.... but not cheap leh. somemore during big exhibition is always fully booked.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #8034

Can i check with the people who has stayed in TS hotel, solo suite.
http://www.tshotel.com.tw/english/02_guestroom.htm
Is the single bed big enough for 2 girls to share comfortably?

And if the room is meant for 1, will they be charging a fee for extra person?

The promotion price is really attractive... hope its still on and not fully booked yet
Old 03-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #8035

The promotion price is really attractive... hope its still on and not fully booked yet

wah from the site, TS Hotel looks much better than Rainbow.. .how far is TS from Rainbow, from the map i gather at most 10min.. true?

tks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #8036

They normally extra NTD300 for extra person.
Any single bed is good enough for 2 people depending on the way you sleep. My friend and I are edge sleepers so we never had problems when we travelled together. My GF does a clock routine which make it difficult.

Other Hotels to consider if you cant get rooms is :
http://www.gocityinn.com
http://www.taipeionestarhotel.com.tw
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #8037

For Rainbow, call them directly to book, it is faster and inexpensive.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #8038

Anyone know where to take the bullet train? From Jiufen to Miao kou,what is the travelling time and how do i go from Jiufen to miaokou ?
From Jioufen to Keelung,just take the bus directly. At the last stop, walk back over the bridge across the River, and go into the lane next to Macdonalds, Miaokow is at the first trqffic lights.

Bullet train at the Taipei main station ,Ticketing at East Exit 3. Where do you want to go??
Old 03-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #8039

Anyone know where to take the bullet train? From Jiufen to Miao kou,what is the travelling time and how do i go from Jiufen to miaokou ?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #8040
Master Member

As mentioned by nuttyazn, bullet train from taipei main train station.

jiufen to miao kou just take the keelung bus & alight at keelung. as to how to walk there. me nvr liked the miao kou area as it feels messy...haha. though superb food
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.