Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #8071

nuttyazn, can sent ur itinery 2
raphaelabc@hotmail.com
thanks...

bro n sis, can recommand some hot sping resort in taipei beside taipei also can... thanksss
Old 09-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #8072

depends on wht u define as "love hotel". those tht accepts hourly stay?
TS do hv a lot of taiwanese young couples staying for the wkends. i guess tht's the nice kind of love hotel.... haha.

TS is v. much cleaner, definitely suitable.

But since its around XMD, well, i think u'll get used to being approached by guys for your numbers since u're alone.
Hahah thanks a lot for your 'warning'. I guess my definition would be a slightly sleazy place with a lot of couples walking in and out? But once you said TS is much cleaner I've already made up my mind! Made my reservation haha. Thank you so much for your advice!!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #8073
Supremacy Member

next 4 days expected very heavy rain in taiwan................
Old 10-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #8074

nuttyazn, can sent ur itinery 2
raphaelabc@hotmail.com
thanks...

bro n sis, can recommand some hot sping resort in taipei beside taipei also can... thanksss
Hi,
I posted the Itineraries here for al to see anytime:

http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan

Hotsprings in Beitou:

Asia Pacific Resort: Tel: 2898 3088 Fax: 2832 4053
http://www.apresort.com.tw

Spa Spring Resort: Tel: 2897 9060 Fax:2897 9065
http://www.spaspringresort.com.tw

In Wulai:
http://www.fullmoonspa.com.tw/
Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #8075

Is it rainy seasons in Taiwan now? Planning to go at end of this month.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #8076
Supremacy Member

forecast in Taiwan is rainy and likely another typhoon forming next week......
Old 12-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #8077

Hello everybody,

I got a lot of useful tips from this forum and would like to share some things here, now that I’m back from my Taiwan trip. Hope it’ll help make your trip a happier one.

General
• Most of the locals were very nice so if you can’t find a place, ask them nicely.

• Can bring nice shorts and Bermudas for hot days. The locals wear them too.

• Yuan Ling Street (Shoe street) – We didn’t find the shoes very nice and they were not cheap too.

• Fisherman’s Wharf – The western food restaurant at the foot of Lovers’ Bridge serves nice food and when we were there at about 730pm, they had live performance and you can dedicate songs. Service was great too. Came up to about NT500 each, for a drink, soup, main course and dessert. We had wanted grilled seafood but couldn’t find it at FW – realized on our way back that there were at least 2 restaurants selling that at Danshui.

Jiu Fen and Kee Lung
• Trains seats seem to be given alternate numbers. For eg, Seats 29 and 31 are side-by-side.

• The car (che1) number is not the train number. It’s the carriage number so, on the platform, wait at the corresponding carriage.

• At Jiu Fen, we bought Taiwan plum jelly (guo3 dong4) from 2 shops. The first was Ah Xin De Dian. Don’t go there unless you don’t mind paying to be snubbed. They cater to tour groups so you’re invisible to them if you suay suay go there when a tour group is there, even when you try to get their attention. They even kept some stocks (that were not displayed) under the counter for tour groups and when we asked for those, they just claimed they’re the same as those displayed – they’re not! We saw a tour group getting them. They also give discounts to tour groups, which means the prices might have been marked up. After we hesitated about the non-discounted price (3 packs for NT 450), they offered us the discount (4 packs for NT450). But I think it’s only because we overheard the discount price in the first place.

• There’s another shop diagonally opposite them – the Royal Family Food Co (huang2 zhu2 shi2 ping3) - that sells the plum jelly too. It sells the nicer plum wine and grape wine jelly (not available in the first shop) and the uncle was very friendly. 3 packs for NT 400. They sell the non-wine versions too, think about NT100 each – cheaper than Ah Xin! We also bought Choco Pie and pineapple tarts here.

• For those buying Tai Yang Bing, Yam Pastry and pineapple tarts etc, suggest to try from both Lee Yi Bing Dian and Zhang Shi Fu Bing Dian to see which suits your taste before you buy because they’re quite near to each other.

Sun Moon Lake
• If you want more time at SML, you may want to take the bus from the Green Transit Company (http://www.greenbusgroup.com/f6.htm).

• Bus from Taipei (Zhongxiao Fuxing station) starts early, from 6am and last bus from SML is at 9.30pm

• About 4 to 4½ hours.

• Return NT830

• We booked a cab at SML - NT 1,200 for four hours. Don’t know if we got fleeced but it was soooo hot we thought it was better to pay than to get burnt. Also gives you more flexibility than the round-the-lake bus as you can stay at a site for as short (or long) a time as you wish and not have to rush or wait for the bus. The driver was also very friendly and told us a lot of things about SML, like its history. We ended up covering many more sites than we originally planned for, and in much greater comfort.

• Wear comfortable shoes if you’re going to the Ci-En Pagoda because any transport you take will stop at the end of a trail that leads to the pagoda. It’s a sloping trail with steps and after you’re done with that, it’s 9 storeys up the pagoda.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #8078

Question

got a few question to ask ..

1.Where is that toilet restaurent located?

2.How to actually go to Tian Mu Circle and what stuff are they sellin and operating hours ?

3. Any idea where is gong guan night market and shida night market .. Nice place ?

Thanks in advanced!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #8079

Hi...Does anyone knoe to whr get a gd exchange rate (frm SIN to NT)? n wat is e current rate...thx a million...
lucky plaza got 1 indian shop selling fabrics. you walk from macdonalds that side. the 1st or 2nd store.
i changed 21.8nt = 1sgd.
yah.

but my mum say chinatown ck or something. quite good.
or else paya lebar/geylang got 1 shopping mall. forgot which level.

304 orchard road #b1-56
lucky plaza (basement)
singapore 238863
tel: 62351047

and they are quite nice!
its after the electronics store.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #8080

2.How to actually go to Tian Mu Circle and what stuff are they sellin and operating hours ?

3. Any idea where is gong guan night market and shida night market .. Nice place ?

Thanks in advanced!
1. http://www.taiwanfun.com/north/taipe...ToiletBowl.htm
Old 13-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #8081

Yesterday, 03:37 PM #8077
Summer1721

Hey,

Thanks for posting your report, It will surely be helpful to others in the future. NTD1200 for a cabbie tour seems to be a normal charge.

It is the same if you get a cabbie at RUEIFANG and do a Northern tour.It is more relaxed and you do get to see a few more places. It is best if you are 4 persons together.
Old 13-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #8082

Thanks in advanced!
TOILET BOWL theme restaurant, "Marton"
http://www.gifthome.com.tw/index1.1.htm
There are several stores in Taiwan、two being in Taipei---the Shilin Night Market store at No. 184 Wenlin Rd. 台北市士林區文林路184號 Tel: (02) 8861-4384 and the Banqiao (Panchiao) store at MRT Xinpu Station Exit 1 捷運新埔站1號出口 Tel: (02)8253-7767 (If you plan to go to the Panchiao branch, be sure to call first to make sure it's still there.)

Take the MRT to Shipai Station > exit the station, turn right and cross the street----the bus stops are located directly ahead of the pedestrian crossing > take a westbound Bus R19 all the way to the End. Walk down the Left side for PS Bubu-Car Theme Restaurant. (After 12noon) Then keep walking down the Left side for the export outlet shops.These close after 9pm.

Gongguan and Shida are smaller NMs. Gongguan is good for Tshirts, food. Shida is for inexpensive International food.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #8083

i was wondering from TTIA take guo guang bus to taipei main station then take mrt to ximen mrt faster n cheaper which is NT120? or straight away take freego bus to TS better which is NT135.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #8084

anyone going there btw 14th august and 23th august?
Old 13-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #8085
Master Member

i was wondering from TTIA take guo guang bus to taipei main station then take mrt to ximen mrt faster n cheaper which is NT120? or straight away take freego bus to TS better which is NT135.
whoever say guoguang is faster? though i not sure which route it'll take, i know freego takes a quick route to XMD
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.