HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #796
Master Member

Anyone here stayed in New Moon Hotel before? How is it?

Going to taiwan in may with 3 other friends. one of them think rainbow/royal castle hotel too ex he want cheap cheap rates like New Moon's.
Old 17-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #797
High Supremacy Member

Anyone here stayed in New Moon Hotel before? How is it?

Going to taiwan in may with 3 other friends. one of them think rainbow/royal castle hotel too ex he want cheap cheap rates like New Moon's.

try mei shiung hotel...
Old 17-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #798
Master Member

Are there any website with info (description/online booking) for this mei shiung hotel?
Old 17-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #799

Hi Damien,

How far is the 七星潭 from the train station. We are thinking of taking the half day tour with the bus which ends at 4pm and then maybe go to 七星潭 with the taxi driver. How much did you pay and how long do you think it will take (need to consider to get the correct train back to Taipei. BTW is this place a lake?

Hi can I check which is the nearest MTR to WenFenPu? Research through this thread has 2 places, one was MTR to HoushanPi and the other is YongChun MTR. Which is nearer. Also are they opened in the morning or afternoon?
we oreadi book his cab the whole day, so he charge us a little bit extra, 300NT. We went straight from 天祥 to 七星潭 and he waited for us to finish and send us back to hualien station. I not sure whether the driver will wait for u if u take taxi from hualien station. btw, the driver told me usually from train station to 七星潭 and back is 400NT.

the fastest time back to taipei is 3hours lor. :-)
Old 17-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #800

oh, i forgot to say 七星潭 is a beach.
Old 17-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #801
pop
Master Member

I dont think YuRenMaTou is within walking distance...
neither do I. My impression was it was still quite far away. Anyway, there is a public bus from danshui mtr to yuren ma tou. Probably easier to take the bus than walk.
Old 18-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #802

don't think DanShui has Hot Spring.... Hot Springs at Beitou or other areas.. Rem to bring swimming attire/cap.. they different from Japanese hot spring..

Oh ya.... btw... hot springs at bei tou wear what one???? A towel provided or our own swimming gear/shorts??? Got massage svc provided anot
Old 18-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #803
Master Member

Arrow

we oreadi book his cab the whole day, so he charge us a little bit extra, 300NT. We went straight from 天祥 to 七星潭 and he waited for us to finish and send us back to hualien station. I not sure whether the driver will wait for u if u take taxi from hualien station. btw, the driver told me usually from train station to 七星潭 and back is 400NT.

the fastest time back to taipei is 3hours lor. :-)
Thank you very much.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #804
Supremacy Member

Oh ya.... btw... hot springs at bei tou wear what one???? A towel provided or our own swimming gear/shorts??? Got massage svc provided anot
i went to the public one, wear nothing one, bring own towel
Old 18-04-2005, 10:50 AM   #805
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway, I heard from my frens that if U go to their hot springs, U need to be careful. Becos some of them are not really "hot springs", it's just happen to be the owner of the hot springs digged until a certain length, then it comes out with some hot water that is w/o any MINERALs inside them. And it can caused some problems to ppl.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/usjag_18/Man%20Utd/Ani_Sign1.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
Old 18-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #806
Great Supremacy Member

hehe...planning Taiwan trip..
which are the best month to go there during 2nd half of the yr?

nov??
Old 18-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #807
Supremacy Member

Anyway, I heard from my frens that if U go to their hot springs, U need to be careful. Becos some of them are not really "hot springs", it's just happen to be the owner of the hot springs digged until a certain length, then it comes out with some hot water that is w/o any MINERALs inside them. And it can caused some problems to ppl.
dun go ulu ulu one...i went to 1 that has sulphuric content
Old 18-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #808

Hi Joan,

Did you join the half day tour there? Or did you go around on your own? Do you know how much for the train ticket to Hua Lian?

Was just wondering if it is too rush.
Quoting from previous, fastest train to haulian cost NT$445.
Old 18-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #809

Hi all,
I noe one can take a bus tour at 1030am at the hualian station for a tour ard taroko and cost NT$500 each. So how abt if i take taxi leh? how much will it normally be? Count by pax or hours? dun wan them to " chop" mi ...thanx for replying...

Aniwai, can include the taxi price to taroko and Qi Xing tan too?
Old 19-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #810

taxi is same as bus, count per head. mine was 550 per head. no time limit, taxi is more flexible.
if the bus offer 500 then u try to bargain 500 with the taxi driver. its possible cuz a lot of taxis waiting to do ur business.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.