HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #8266

Alright Im going to Taipei on the 1stOct, taking SQ872 departing 0835am and will touch down Taipei early noon 1315. Most likely staying Taipei for 2 nights, and proceed to Hualien/Toroko on the 3rd day( Gona stay in Hualien for one night I guess). No plans for the 4th day yet, contemplating whether i should proceed to Taichung, or head on to Alishan and spend a night there to catch the early sunrise. Right after that, may consider travelling over to Tainan( Im not too sure if its a good idea, but will be great if u guys out there can give me some recommendations on other places to explore around Alishan vicinity, if there's any)..Not too sure about the routes to Keelung, Wulai, Green island, Kenting etc but will do a comprehensive research on it very soon....No plans on the 5 th and 6th day as well, but will spend the 7th and 8th night in Taipei again. Taking SQ875 on the 9thOct departing TPE 1825 and arrive SIN 2250.
Home sweet home.
Old 22-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #8267

yah loh...we very heng leh. we've been monitoring the rate online for 2 weeks liaoz. and it has been the same price loh. then just one day after we've booked, the rate went up 10 dollars. the last i checked (just 2 nights after we make the purchase)...guess wat?? it went up by 70 dollars per pax liaoz!!!

we super thankful we bought at the right time man!! so those going in Dec, better buy soon. think seats running low so prices went up.
what happen to the tix to taiwan?? 900 plus per pax???
really sky high..
Old 23-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #8268

seasons of holiday i figure... if you see any good deal out there ( own judgement ) better grab it soon, the school holiday also bring out the "I WANT TO GO SOMEWHERE" mood..... its so hard to plan...

really sky high..
Old 23-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #8269

advisable to buy computer products in taipei?

It'll be my first time going there and i was wondering whether buying stuffs like motherboard, graphics card, etc is recommended in taipei (besides the fact that i know their warranty might not be valid when i come back to SG)

On the other hand, i found out that there's 3 'sim lim squares' in taipei. Mainly:

nova computer market
kwanghwa bazaar
international electronics plaza

Anyone been to these places before? Would really like to hear your advice. thanks.
Old 23-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #8270

really sky high..
its 900++ for 2 pax lah....
Old 23-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #8271

Smile WLMJ for taiwan trip

Hello shangsiang! I am gng to taiwan in november.. could you send me a copy of your WLMJ to hongyu16@hotmail.com so i can plan for my trip? Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by liefer87; 23-09-2007 at 02:02 PM..
Old 23-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #8272

all sent some of u might not be able to get it o... cos the file is abt 8.3mb so might exceed mail limits so its best to have yahoo or gmail so i can send
Bro, can email me the wlmj? tks!
lightfinger@gmail.com
Old 23-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #8273

Guanghua is where you should go, best prices.
If you know your Electronics, things at Guanghua are pretty good and dont spoil easily. They cater to all the DIY Crowd here and the competition is stiff, so bad reputation info moves really fast.
Old 24-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #8274

Hay...

i will be going to taipei end of this month. for ard 8 days/ got 2 days alone. donno wat to do.... any suggestions?

hehe. guess i wl be doing lots of shopping these 2 days. think of looking for accessories / gerls bags. ( i am a guy btw) ;D

any nice nite spots?

cheers!!!
Old 24-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #8275

Hay...

i will be going to taipei end of this month. for ard 8 days/ got 2 days alone. donno wat to do.... any suggestions?

hehe. guess i wl be doing lots of shopping these 2 days. think of looking for accessories / gerls bags. ( i am a guy btw) ;D

any nice nite spots?

cheers!!!
i just came back from taipei,

you could try xi men ting that row near the beef noodle there.

wu fen pu 1-3 bag shop only, mostly clothes

shilin quite alot.

raohe abit too.

mostly price cheap nt100 onwards..

if u going for those nt1000++ onwards, major shopping centre like taipei main station, or shikomitsu(forget how to spell i know chinese nia lol). tien mu ther afew, got a hellokitty shop! takashimaya oso ther i think..
Old 25-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #8276

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with the location of Xiao Zhu(luo zhi xiang) newly open clothes store and jay chou clothes store too.

And where is the best place to go club, pub, bar in taipei? Best if can provide me with the address. Thanks in advance.
Old 25-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #8277

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with the location of Xiao Zhu(luo zhi xiang) newly open clothes store and jay chou clothes store too.

And where is the best place to go club, pub, bar in taipei? Best if can provide me with the address. Thanks in advance.
you could try their MOS, or drop by tien mu area for chill out pubs.. most informations u could try google it. should have those address. do some homework bro! lolx
Old 26-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #8278

cool!!! guess i have to do a bit more homework. me looking for ladies' bags ... hehe. hopefully those very fasionable ones...

2 days alone.... sianz... if only could get a taiwan mei mei by den. haha.

cheers!!!
Old 26-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #8279

hi jus back frm taipei!
went frm 22 - 25..
22,23 raining... 24,25 super hot!!
good weather to go now!
ha its better to shop when theres no rain, cuase not fun in night market!

kk some update..

SHilin:
hmm the 'ji pai' shud try, though not vv vv fantastic but better den our singapore one. much better. the one there is big and cant finish. ha.
the 'oyster omellete' vv different frm ours.. not vv nice singapore newton circle nicer.. hah. but can try for the experience.. but the oyster there is fresh! =)
the 'pao pao bing' just ice not vv special not a need to try..
'beef steak' is not bad.. but i think not vv special too so not a need to try.. its a huge portion which we shared and got vv full.. i think save ur tummy for other stuff..
the 'pepper bun' we took away didnt eat immediately den it got cold not its not nice le.. maybe cause we were too full and tired and its full of pork which my bf dun like. ha.
theres this 'yew cong bing' like roti prata wrap with egg and ur choice of thing.. we took the ham thing.. nice! can try! its everywhere~

i went on my 2nd night and it was raining so dampen our mood by a bit. the clothes there can be found in wu fen pu and its vv squuezy there so walk carefully..
rem to bring umbrella.
theres a NT135 and NT78 shop in shilin so for those looking for bargains can try these shops.. but need to search carefully, alot of things not our style..
generally taipei stuff more inclined towards ah lian ah beng clothings..

wu fen pu:
NT100 clothes all placed outside the shops.. can look thru but not much clothes of our style..
the guys wear some not bad and the stripes shirts onli NT100 vv worth the buy..
we fen pu closes vv late.. i think 12am.. so can visit here at night if no where else to go~ =)
got the 'lu rou fan' shop there too.. outside wu fen pu.. the zhang fei look alike that shop.. need to ask around.. i chanced upon it... its on the way to MRT.
nice! haha i like the lu rou fan there! =) NT26 only!

dan shui:
nice place! good scenery! go visit the dan shui lao jie! a must! the NT50 bag shop not bad too.. there alot of food.. i tried this 'hua zi shao'.. super good. haha. 'ah gei' so so only.. the '30cm icecream' jus try la.. NT10.. ha.

xi men ting:
didnt shop much there.. not our style as usual.. but i chanced upon the 'ma tong' restaurant.. the food there super good.. i recommend the curry beef or sth.. one of the signature dish.. nice! order 1 and shared! big! hhaa.. shud visit any of the themed restaurant there.. an experience!
but this restuarant is hidden.. not in the usual xi men ting.. we anyhow walk walk to this ulu place den saw it de. hahah..

the 'ya rou bian' dun need try. not good. normal. the duck vv salty too.
'ah zong mian sian' so so only.. not good too. an uncle told me to try the one in huaxi night market or sth.. its the best there.. oh well.. the ah zong mian sian overated. but can still try and taste the difference..

taipei 101 area:
we didnt take the thing to go up.. quite costly and we don see the need.. so skipped it. we walked around abit den left le. new york new york and the rest not open yet, quite rush for time so left first..

the underground malls i feel can skip too.. not much stuff there! jus rows of shop.. but can visit jus for the xperience too.. cause its a really long stretch.. haha. den the shops like vv old and its not really happening so its optional i feel. taipei city mall at the taipei main station is enough we feel. not much stuff.

things to buy/eat:
'tie dan'! dan shui there got sell quite cheap too! i like this alot! vv nice!
eh 'mua ji'... nice! =)
'green bean cake' is good~!
airport got sell too if u all missed it.
jus buy a bit of the local stuff back~ but dun buy in jiu fen~ all overpriced.. i got from there so learnt a lesson.. haha.

the last day i was walking back and we saw a shop selling 'niu rou mian' so we decided to try.. yum! nice! go try! the beef is good!

my guided tour 2nd day:
those who signed up for the hot spring tour.. mine is 4days3nights.. 2nd day guided..
take note.. ha they will bring you to a few place to buy stuff.. hard selling for a few places.. oh well. no choice. den they bring u to a buffet tt sucks. haha.

but they bring u to alot of places! like jiufen! intersting to walk the stretch of road and eat abit here and there but not a need to purchase local products frm there as the food can be found elsewhere too.

the guided tour to the national palace musuem was interesting and the marty's shrine see change of guards. den bring us to bei tou for hot spring but fully booked! the days we went jus nice their holiday season!! mid autumn festival! 4 days break! wa so shuang right them.. ya.. den the hot spring no more rooms, u can go for the mass hot spring.. we paiseh skip it. i sick too. not advisable to go down.

last note:
usually if sign up frm local agencies, they will give u a guided tour and hotel got free complimentary breakfast too. jus take it. not a bad deal. they will bring u to alot of places whcih save ur transport cost and energy.
the morning breakfast is at 'dante coffe' restuarant.. its everywhere. not bad. try their tuna burger or sth. quite good. but skip the french toast not nice. ha.
i stayed at everspring hotel which is vv far off as the agency cant book any for us. we vv last min.
but its not bad! the room is good! with jazzuci bath tub inside too. at nanjing e road station. vv accessible to mrt so in the end its alright. free adsl interenet access too. but got this brother hotel jus beside mrt. so ppl u all can try. taipei like singapore. vv small. easy walk around.

have fun! =D
Old 26-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #8280

you could try their MOS, or drop by tien mu area for chill out pubs.. most informations u could try google it. should have those address. do some homework bro! lolx

10s for your info, based on my research Luxy is quite a reputable club in taipei. anyone went there before? is it safe there for a couple?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.