HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #8311

Guess x 3 - Recording -Oct and Nov Dates:

Ah Chen said in Oct : Oct 1st, 15th, 29th and in Nov: Nov 12 maybe 19th and 26th (This have to recheck)

1.30pm and 6.30 pm. Get there half an hour earlier latest
thanks for the recording dates! sigh, they aren't recording on the days that I'm there..so sad..

can someone advise on what are the other interesting recordings that we can attend?
Old 29-09-2007, 05:19 AM   #8312
Supremacy Member

prepare $3,000 if possible.
agreed. air tickets and lodging take away about 1k already.
Old 29-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #8313
Supremacy Member

is there any major event in Taiwan now?

dunno why hyatt is fully booked...
maybe taiwan independence day
Old 29-09-2007, 05:28 AM   #8314
Supremacy Member

I'm planning to go Taipei in Dec, realized Rainbow Hotel (my type of budget) is booked during those dates I want, so am looking for alternatives.

Shortlisted a few:
- OneStar
- TS
- FutureStar
- East Dragon

Comments about each? I'm leaning towards OneStar....
I have no preference over any hotel but I'm trying Royal Castle in October after being recommended by friends/agencies and also from reviews from Internet.

Mainly because of the location as it is about only a few minutes walk to Xi Men Station. Heard have bath tub/many tv channels/internet/coldorhot water dispenser too.

Most complaints were about dim lightings + no windows. The rest are fine.

Last edited by CubeFX; 29-09-2007 at 05:36 AM..
Old 30-09-2007, 01:05 AM   #8315

Where do i find the oyster mee sua rather than those mee sua with intestines in Taipei? By the way, how would the weather be like in mid February?
Thanks!
Old 30-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #8316
Banned

TS hotel is near where? got full name of it
Old 30-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #8317

Thumbs up

Would like to ask who knows a shop call 天香回味锅? its a ma la steamboat in taipei. V nice but i forget how to go le.
Old 30-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #8318

Thumbs up Futurestar

I'm planning to go Taipei in Dec, realized Rainbow Hotel (my type of budget) is booked during those dates I want, so am looking for alternatives.

Shortlisted a few:
- OneStar
- TS
- FutureStar
- East Dragon

Comments about each? I'm leaning towards OneStar....
i don't know if the onestar is wonstar that u're referring to.. but basically i feel that wonstar and east dragon is abit further away from the XMD station. and wouldn't take that..

i've only stayed in futurestar so far and really loved that place alot, due to its accessible location. it occupies only the last 3 levels of a building however.

the XMD Station underpass is within a few steps away from the hotel. cashbox ktv is just one road away, which is really convenient for us as we sang until 3am on 2 occassions and need not worry about getting back home, since we're staying so near. the happening XMD area is just at the back of the building.

the hotel room is really cozy.. i would recommend that you take the rooms on the 7th level only, which starts from a flat rate of NT1380. better call to find out. the rooms on the other levels (8th & 9th) are not very worth it because the decor is kinda old. rooms on the 7th level however, are more modern and very very cozy. there was ample space to put our luggages in the room. plus there's a bathtub, cable tv, fridge, hairdryer, hot water dispenser and windows with curtains.

the staff also gave us 20% discount on the overall price and are very friendly. just tell them that you require the rooms to be cleaned every time you leave the hotel and they will do it for you.

on the day you're waiting for the freego bus to pick you to the airport, they will give you a room to clean and freshen up as well.

anyway, that was our first trip to taipei and we decided on futurestar because of its pricing and our budget. the stay was really pleasant and both my friend and i have decided to stay back at the same hotel again on our return visit to taipei in the future.

oh yes, this hotel is booked quite fast..so if you decide on it, better call them early.
Old 30-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #8319
Supremacy Member

TS hotel is near where? got full name of it
http://www.tshotel.com.tw/
Old 30-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #8320

Freego bus----- turn left or right?

Hihi,

am hoping those who have taken the freego bus recently to Taipei can share with me or others who would like to know on, well.... EXACTLY.... how to find the freego bus after immigration. i get confused as i read in some forum, u turn left after exit n then another says turn right after exit...

thanks so much.....
Old 30-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #8321
Supremacy Member

Hihi,

am hoping those who have taken the freego bus recently to Taipei can share with me or others who would like to know on, well.... EXACTLY.... how to find the freego bus after immigration. i get confused as i read in some forum, u turn left after exit n then another says turn right after exit...

thanks so much.....
extreme left of the airport... anyway you will see a big information counter after immigration.. if not sure just ask the staff there where to find those coach services..then she will point to one direction and you just walk to the end of that direction.

upon reaching there, you will see many coach service counter by different companies, freego is also there.
Old 30-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #8322
Supremacy Member

Would like to ask who knows a shop call 天香回味锅? its a ma la steamboat in taipei. V nice but i forget how to go le.
not sure.. but we tried 飞天麻辣.. also nice
Old 30-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #8323

Tks Saoirse and CubeFX! I'll probably just check out Royal Castle, FutureStar if TS (my first choice now) gets fully booked.
Old 30-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #8324

thank CubeFX............. appreciate that!

extreme left of the airport... anyway you will see a big information counter after immigration.. if not sure just ask the staff there where to find those coach services..then she will point to one direction and you just walk to the end of that direction.

upon reaching there, you will see many coach service counter by different companies, freego is also there.
Old 30-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #8325
Banned

anyone can help mi draft out a 7 days tour there... where should i go on day 1 to 7

My budget for 2 pax is about $2k SGD , this should include everything except air ticket .Is it enough ? Usually for Hotel like TS, 7 days 6 nites abt how much ?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.