HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #8326
Supremacy Member

Anyone knows how to get garmin maps for taipei...
Old 30-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #8327

anyone can help mi draft out a 7 days tour there... where should i go on day 1 to 7

My budget for 2 pax is about $2k SGD , this should include everything except air ticket .Is it enough ? Usually for Hotel like TS, 7 days 6 nites abt how much ?
you planning to stay just in taipei or intend to venture out to other areas like hualian etc?

assuming you stay only in TP, i would think $2K is more than sufficient, including airfare (assuming you taking budget flights). But of course, it depends on your spending habits .. LOL..

For reference, FutureStar (quite similar pricing to TS and located in XMD area) charges about NT1380 per night, which is approx SGD$66.. But for FS, they have got this alternate weekday discount of NT200 off per night.. so that would also bring the cost down..

when are you leaving anyway?
Old 30-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #8328

i don't know if the onestar is wonstar that u're referring to.. but basically i feel that wonstar and east dragon is abit further away from the XMD station. and wouldn't take that..

i've only stayed in futurestar so far and really loved that place alot, due to its accessible location. it occupies only the last 3 levels of a building however.

the XMD Station underpass is within a few steps away from the hotel. cashbox ktv is just one road away, which is really convenient for us as we sang until 3am on 2 occassions and need not worry about getting back home, since we're staying so near. the happening XMD area is just at the back of the building.

the hotel room is really cozy.. i would recommend that you take the rooms on the 7th level only, which starts from a flat rate of NT1380. better call to find out. the rooms on the other levels (8th & 9th) are not very worth it because the decor is kinda old. rooms on the 7th level however, are more modern and very very cozy. there was ample space to put our luggages in the room. plus there's a bathtub, cable tv, fridge, hairdryer, hot water dispenser and windows with curtains.

the staff also gave us 20% discount on the overall price and are very friendly. just tell them that you require the rooms to be cleaned every time you leave the hotel and they will do it for you.

on the day you're waiting for the freego bus to pick you to the airport, they will give you a room to clean and freshen up as well.

anyway, that was our first trip to taipei and we decided on futurestar because of its pricing and our budget. the stay was really pleasant and both my friend and i have decided to stay back at the same hotel again on our return visit to taipei in the future.

oh yes, this hotel is booked quite fast..so if you decide on it, better call them early.
LOL.. I stayed on 8th floor during my stay.. and I got to agree the room decor was kinda old.
Old 30-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #8329

u want drive there ah? no need use gps de lah.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #8330

hello....

was in taipei last dec, and really enjoyed my stay there for a week.

Did not venture out of the city. planning to venture out tis time round. Some ques:

1) Any one has bought tics to Kao Shuing and traval by Jetstar back to spore via taipei? I search the website, one-way tics are so exp. any lobangs?

2) If not, where are the nearest city(intersting ones) to visit if i stay in taipei>>
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #8331
Master Member

dun go kaoshiung if u hvnt really explore nearer places than taipei. in my yrs in taiwan, kaoshiung nvr really hold much as far as i remember le. mainly used it as a transition city to the south for holidays.

nearer taipei, hualien is v. interesting.

most western coast cities are v. similar, any particular reason why u just want to visit cities?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #8332

Hi anybody went to He Huan Mountain before!? Can share with me?
I'm planning to go there when i go Taipei coming dec, but had no idea how to get there.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #8333

hello....

was in taipei last dec, and really enjoyed my stay there for a week.

Did not venture out of the city. planning to venture out tis time round. Some ques:

1) Any one has bought tics to Kao Shuing and traval by Jetstar back to spore via taipei? I search the website, one-way tics are so exp. any lobangs?

2) If not, where are the nearest city(intersting ones) to visit if i stay in taipei>>
i juz got bac recently from taipei, i am also intending to venture out to kaoshiung.

but i'm still considering, coz mainly is town area of kaoshiung for shopping and nite market n the underwater world tat i been too wen i was in ns. beri big n better den sg!!! other den tat i dont find it worthwhile for me to venture to kaoshiung. kenting would be nice, ko sha mui!!! time to watch ah gua strip pole dance! lol
Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #8334

Smile

Hi,
hope this taipei MRT map is useful to those going F&E trip soon

Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #8335

Tks Saoirse and CubeFX! I'll probably just check out Royal Castle, FutureStar if TS (my first choice now) gets fully booked.

have you booked TS Hotel? got rooms available in Dec meh? I tried booking 2 weeks ago for end Dec and its fully booked liaoz. That was our first choice oso.

But they have no window and no bathtub. quite miserable.

Anyway we've booked Wonstar. Also near Ximenting. Was told only 5 mins away from MRT. not thattttt far lah. And nicer and newer rooms. with bathtub! keke =P
Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #8336

have you booked TS Hotel? got rooms available in Dec meh? I tried booking 2 weeks ago for end Dec and its fully booked liaoz. That was our first choice oso.

But they have no window and no bathtub. quite miserable.

Anyway we've booked Wonstar. Also near Ximenting. Was told only 5 mins away from MRT. not thattttt far lah. And nicer and newer rooms. with bathtub! keke =P
yoz dude~ Which days u book for Wonstar? How much? We tried to book TS Hotel in end Dec but was fully booked too, looking desperately looking for other hotels near ximenting..
Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #8337
Supremacy Member

yoz dude~ Which days u book for Wonstar? How much? We tried to book TS Hotel in end Dec but was fully booked too, looking desperately looking for other hotels near ximenting..
royal castle is confirmed 5 minutes walk away from Xi Men station (about 3 blocks away i think). No windows but everything else have, including bath tub.

try checking the reviews online... most are good reviews so should be nice for budget stay.

below is the map.. royal castle is 成都 where 长虹 is rainbow. hope it helps

Last edited by CubeFX; 01-10-2007 at 06:11 PM..
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #8338
Banned

i was planning to go on JAn ... any tour agency to recommended ? for my 7 days , i decide to follow tour agency for 3 days.... then F&E for the rest of the tour.. Should i book my air ticket and hotel myself or leave it to tour agency?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #8339
Banned

who got wu lin mi ji... can help mi
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #8340

Hi nuttyazn, can send me your wlmj?? send it to fishieeee@hotmail.com thanks!

I've been to taipei twice... but only visit danshui n shilin onli so this time round i going Ali shan, Taichung (jiu zhu), Sunmoon lake. more focus on the central part then wulai for hot spring and hualien. planning to go there during end dec (27 dec) to visit their countdown to 7 Jan

Do you think it's not good to visit ali shan during dec? (winter season)
-==[url="http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1668619"][color=#0000ff]Offical ANTI ODEX Club[/color][/url] Member No. 180==-
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.