HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #8356

http://www.futurestarhotel.com.tw/fr...Category=63791
http://www.taipeionestarhotel.com.tw/english/intro.html this one also looks nice...hmmmmmmm

yoz, wat's is e webbie for FutureStar? can we make reservations online?

Last edited by Inslea; 02-10-2007 at 08:08 PM..
Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #8357

Hi fishie can send me your chinese itenary? thanks alot email is wg_shinji@hotmail.com
no prob, check ur email damn sianz... I going on 26 dec to 4 Jan, only manage to book the hotel in taichung... 26dec till 1Jan hotel in taipei most of the budget one quite fully book...
-==[url="http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1668619"][color=#0000ff]Offical ANTI ODEX Club[/color][/url] Member No. 180==-
Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #8358

I understand that Guang Hua is the place to check out great computer accessories but I am also interested in anime.

Anyone got any idea where to get those anime figurines or posters etc in taiwan?

Will deeply appreciate any info on this as I be going this december!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #8359
Arch-Supremacy Member

I understand that Guang Hua is the place to check out great computer accessories but I am also interested in anime.

Anyone got any idea where to get those anime figurines or posters etc in taiwan?

Will deeply appreciate any info on this as I be going this december!!!
guang hua has comics and anime as well
Old 03-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #8360

If u wan anime items, figurines you can also go to Taipei Di Xia Jie at Taipei main station. Its a heaven for anime lovers.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #8361

That's a good question man. I would like to know the answer too. Haha.

So far I only know that I wanna go there, just dunno how to get there though.

But I read that it's one of the most accessible mountains and seems like got snow somemore.

Anyone else got any idea how to get there apart from by Cab?
Hmm.. bro then how u plan ur trip up He Huan Shan? v gian going there as i heard from my friend that the sky is clear at night(if no rain la) and you can see the sky full of stars!!

ya moreover like you said, maybe there is snow! any bro knows how to get there? from where depart? i think there is bus going up.. but cant find any website..
Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #8362

yoz, wat's is e webbie for FutureStar? can we make reservations online?
Inslea provided you the URL liao.. hehe.. but I would like to suggest that you call them up direct instead.. I think iz faster cos there were instances where fellow forumers emailed and it took days to respond (made you wonder if your email went through/received)

My dad called on my behalf cos my mandarin sucks hahah.. and they were friendly to field any queries you raise.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #8363

forgot to add that for FS, they did not emphasize on putting down a deposit to secure the room.. it was based on trust that you book it and will come on the said dates.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #8364

guang hua has comics and anime as well

Solid lah!!!

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #8365

If u wan anime items, figurines you can also go to Taipei Di Xia Jie at Taipei main station. Its a heaven for anime lovers.
Can know how to write that in chinese?

地下街??
Old 03-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #8366

Hmm.. bro then how u plan ur trip up He Huan Shan? v gian going there as i heard from my friend that the sky is clear at night(if no rain la) and you can see the sky full of stars!!

ya moreover like you said, maybe there is snow! any bro knows how to get there? from where depart? i think there is bus going up.. but cant find any website..
I'll be heading to MT Hehuan from my stay at CingJing Farm so I've just emailed them to ask how to go about it.

Let's see what they say man.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #8367

Can know how to write that in chinese?

地下街??

Yeah, it is 地下街 juz follow the sign it is everywhere remember is taipei di xia jie cuz i think there is another di xia jie dunno wat its selling there. it place might look like very old n selling unrelated stuffs but juz continue forward you will hit gold. I tot i made a mistake when i first went there. if you like gundam there is G mall out there beside Xing Guang San Yue. the shop displayed all the MG gundam avalible in market.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #8368

I'll be heading to MT Hehuan from my stay at CingJing Farm so I've just emailed them to ask how to go about it.

Let's see what they say man.
http://wuby-hotel.network.com.tw/
Found this webby, this is the hotel on your way up He Huan Shan.. looks cosy leh haha.. shiok sia!!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #8369

Talking beef noodles.

hi tiger, i don't think that's the beef noodle shop that nutty goes to.. hmm, if i'm not wrong shld be the one opposite this beef noodle shop. coz the one tt i went based on nutty's recommendation doesn't look like that leh..

tt time when i was finding the beef noodle shop was kinda confused also. coz there's 2 beef noodle shop opposite one another. haha. but we looked at the store number and it indicated 15. so i think shld be the right one..

here are the directions given by nutty on how to get to the correct beef noodle shop: (i've editted it abit also.)

Address: No. 15 Taoyuan Street (MRT Ximen Station Exit 3)

Directions: Coming out from the exit 3, walk all the way straight until the 2nd road junction. there are two junctions after exit 3, one is after the shopping mall just before the bus stop, the other is further down after the busstop. that's the right junction. cross the road to Tao Yuan St. (which is on your left) the noodle shop will be on the right of the street. it's the 3rd stall, beside this breakfast shop that sells prata-like crepes and soya bean milk. the 1st stall along that line is actually a pao dimsum stall.

Operating hours for the beef noodles stall only starts at 10am. so if u're there earlier, you can try the soya bean drink from the neighbour. it's not bad.

How to recognise it: there are men tending to the vats of soup cooking right by the sidewalk. the smell is superb! i could smell the aroma of the beef soup from the busstop! you'll also be served by mostly men in the shop. if i remember correctly, there are only 2 ladies there. one is the cleaner n the other is the towkay-neo collecting money. Official name though not on the signboard, "Lao Wang Ji Niu Ro Mian Da Wang" (Old Wang Beef Noodle King).

when u go inside the place, you will be led into a room like that at the first level..

the noodles that we ordered. i really love the soup alot! hehe. and the beef's really good..

Hi nuttyazn,

is this the beef noodle shop u always frequent? Went to try but find the taste a bit bland. But the beef is very well cooked. Melts in the mouth
Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #8370
Master Member

hey guys, is there anything that is similar to the website streetdirectory for taipei?

anyone knows??

need to find some places, cant find information on the web~~~

Last edited by funnycow; 03-10-2007 at 08:16 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.