HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #8386

finally going back to taiwan after last visit which is 2 yrs ago..... booked SQ flying on 27 Oct ~ 3 Oct...

but 1 question. if i still have old 500/1000NT which i left over 2 year ago. Where can i go and change to the new NT notes.

And what is the rates now for Sing to NT?

and any1 still have any vouchers for future star or other hotels?

Last edited by qinzheng; 04-10-2007 at 09:09 PM..
Old 04-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #8387

Phew...................
Just now 7plus SQ *two to go* DEALS still available. After one hour, NO MORE!!!
JUST only I went in to try and have again!!! Heng ar!!!
Managed to book 29th Dec - 5th Jan! Good timing...and I have SUNDAY to rest after trip also before returning to work. 8D7N!! Total damage $1270...cheap deals..hehee..
Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #8388

heyhey bubbleQoo! the mister donut is ermm.. at the ximending area? haha.

when you reach the first floor of the building which FS is in, just turn to your left, and walk along the sides of the shop you will be able to find mister donuts soon.. you will pass by tamagoya, eslite beside tamagoya (do note that this place doesnt sell books) etc.. it's after the macdonalds building if i'm not wrong. there's dunkin donuts also, but i preferred mister donuts! the green tea with red bean filling is really yummy. not too sweet. just right. they also haf this donut with rose pink icing and mango filling. very very nice also! but there's always a super long queue.. so must be prepared to queue.

just take note that donuts must be consumed within two days, refridgerated, if you're planning to bring them back to SG. tt's what the staff told me..

hmm, i don't exactly know the location of the bakery shop.. coz sumhow my friend and i were exploring XMD area and suddenly we came by it.. sorry ah.. but i know it has some pots selling dim sum related stuff in the middle of the shop.. it also sells other kinds baked items like cakes etc.. and there's a few sections on taiwanese traditional pastry.. i hope you're able to find it!

my friend is also going on the same date as you i think.. for new year countdown! are u planning to go for their countdown concerts?

you can also try bringing back some of their sausages! black bridge sausage is quite savoury. very different from the ones in SG. tt time i brought back 3 kg. gave my friends to try and they love it very much! their shop is at east dragon hotel there.. i think it's along won star hotel tt stretch. alot of hongkees were there buying their sausages! they buy like nth i tell you! they keep stocking their basket with things! haha. flavour recommended is the hong sao one.. i think it has abit of shaoxing wine.. coz when u bite into the sausage, the wine taste is quite evident! very yummy!!

Hi Saoirse!

hahahahahaa....agreed! During my previous stay at TS Hotel, there were a few times when my hubby & I actually struggled to wake up early just for the breakfast, which wasn't that fantastic also..
Can I know where is the mister donut shop and the bakery shop u've mentioned? Oh yah AH ZHONG MIAN XIAN!!! That's my FAVOURITE too ok!!! Ate that every night too!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #8389

heyhey bubbleQoo!

you can also try bringing back some of their sausages! black bridge sausage is quite savoury. very different from the ones in SG. tt time i brought back 3 kg. gave my friends to try and they love it very much! their shop is at east dragon hotel there.. i think it's along won star hotel tt stretch. alot of hongkees were there buying their sausages! they buy like nth i tell you! they keep stocking their basket with things! haha. flavour recommended is the hong sao one.. i think it has abit of shaoxing wine.. coz when u bite into the sausage, the wine taste is quite evident! very yummy!!
Hey Saoirse!!

I had tried the Black Bridge Sausages before during my 1st trip liao..uhmmm....actually I dun find it nice leh..even my hubby find its taste weird. hahahaha...individual preferences lah! Anyway I dun think we are going for any concert tho..But we intend to pay Sun Moon Lake a visit since we've been to Hualien previously liao.
But I'm not very sure how to get there. If u can see my previous post, I'm quite delimma also. Im thinking of going straight to either taichung or SML direct from airport.
Any suggestion?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #8390

Any comments about this? Please advise??
Puli & Sun Moon Lake Tour (1 Day) - NT1500 per pax
http://www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/engl...il.php?uid=133
Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #8391
Banned

can i know taiwan got how many airport ?
and from the map of taiwan , i cant find Xi men Ting .
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #8392
Master Member

Airports for international flights is only CKS in Taoyuan & an airport in Kaoshiung (dunno call wht).

Airports for internal flights, almost every province also hv one.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #8393

finally going back to taiwan after last visit which is 2 yrs ago..... booked SQ flying on 27 Oct ~ 3 Oct...

but 1 question. if i still have old 500/1000NT which i left over 2 year ago. Where can i go and change to the new NT notes.

And what is the rates now for Sing to NT?

and any1 still have any vouchers for future star or other hotels?
any1 can help me where is the nearest place to change in taipei for the changing of old to new notes? and wat is the opening hours?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #8394

any1 can help me where is the nearest place to change in taipei for the changing of old to new notes? and wat is the opening hours?
you can go to Bank of Taiwan.. there is one at the airport but sorry no, I do not know the operating hours.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #8395
Banned

usually from Sg , take plane, we land at which airport
Old 05-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #8396

does anyone know if we can go for recordings of 超級星光大道 show?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #8397

Planning to go taipei on 1 nov. Just want to check with you guys, will i get promotional rates for hotels if i walk-in or does it only apply to online booking? Sorry, if it is a stupid question because i first time go free and easy

If book online got any websites to recommend?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #8398

Another typhoon hitting Taiwan again.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2...ry_164255.html
Old 05-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #8399

usually from Sg , take plane, we land at which airport
CKS International Airport
Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #8400

you can go to Bank of Taiwan.. there is one at the airport but sorry no, I do not know the operating hours.
According to Taipei Taoyuan International Airport website, the counter at the arrival level operates 24 hours.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.