HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #8446
Supremacy Member

You got to be kidding. Every 7-11 store in Taiwan has vending machines that dispense cash via Cirrus. I have been using that to draw cash via my POSB ATM card.
I think there is a small fee for that.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #8447
Master Member

Hi, I'm planning to go Tainan and Gaoxiong for 3 days each. Any recommendations for these 2 places to go? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #8448

I think there is a small fee for that.
What's the diff? Money changes also charges more than the actual exchange rate. But being available in all 7-11 makes it easier to get cash. It's 24/7 and in Taipei 7-11 is EVERYWHERE.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #8449
Supremacy Member

What's the diff? Money changes also charges more than the actual exchange rate. But being available in all 7-11 makes it easier to get cash. It's 24/7 and in Taipei 7-11 is EVERYWHERE.
LOL

The difference is that they charge more than money changers.

If you feel money changers are not needed, then why the existence of them in the first place? Why don't everybody rely on atm card? Think about it.

Convenience is one thing. Getting a better rate is also another thing. They are two totally different issues.

If you are in Singapore, it would be stupid to use your POSB ATM to withdraw from OCBC, UOB ATM. Am I right to say that?

If you still don't know the difference, then time to learn it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #8450

LOL

The difference is that they charge more than money changers.

If you feel money changers are not needed, then why the existence of them in the first place? Why don't everybody rely on atm card? Think about it.

Convenience is one thing. Getting a better rate is also another thing. They are two totally different issues.

If you are in Singapore, it would be stupid to use your POSB ATM to withdraw from OCBC, UOB ATM. Am I right to say that?

If you still don't know the difference, then time to learn it.
Fine go find one in Taipei. The fee is small enough. I bet you haven't tried withdrawing it from the ATM. Forex is only available in selected banks and operates during banking hours. I'm not carrying a huge stack of cash. Clearly you know very little about Taiwan. What an idiot.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #8451

hi, i wil goin 2 taipei in dec...any1 know where to watch any indoor/outdoor concert in taipei?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #8452
Supremacy Member

Fine go find one in Taipei. The fee is small enough. I bet you haven't tried withdrawing it from the ATM. Forex is only available in selected banks and operates during banking hours. I'm not carrying a huge stack of cash. Clearly you know very little about Taiwan. What an idiot.
Relax, Don't let people undermine your maturity level by scolding people who have corrected you. LOL.

I have withdrawn $ from different parts of the world including Taiwan to know that. The fees issues apply everywhere and this fee is much higher than the fee/profit of money changers.

Anyway, people's concerns is about finding a money changer in Taiwan because they want to get a better rate. By asking them to withdraw from ATM over there is not addressing their concerns.

And if you do not know Taiwan well enough, there are many places (although unauthorised) in Taiwan offering better exchange rate. So bank is not the only place to exchange currency.

Understood?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #8453

No wind or rain today, quite warm as well. Cloudy most of the time in Taipei but sun came out a bitin the late afternoon. Everything back to normal. The City Govt did a good job cleaning up the city within a day.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #8454
Supremacy Member

No wind or rain today, quite warm as well. Cloudy most of the time in Taipei but sun came out a bitin the late afternoon. Everything back to normal. The City Govt did a good job cleaning up the city within a day.
Hi nuttyazn, is there any flood in any Taipei/Taichung area from what you know?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #8455

cudefx relax la.. used to it liao..

u noe la sum ppl wan go taiwan but dun wan to spend 2-3hrs spendin time readin tis thread. i confident sae 90% to 100% of all information is included in here. i c till sianz liao tis kind of ppl..
Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #8456

Back in Taipei...everything back to normal.....no news of any upcoming typhoons as of right now, so shouldnt be a prob if you plan to go Taipei or other cities like Kaohsiung, Taichung etc...but Alishan, Toroko gorge etc will not be possible.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 AM   #8457
Supremacy Member

Back in Taipei...everything back to normal.....no news of any upcoming typhoons as of right now, so shouldnt be a prob if you plan to go Taipei or other cities like Kaohsiung, Taichung etc...but Alishan, Toroko gorge etc will not be possible.
great.. i'm flying to taipei again on 11oct... and will be in taichung on 12th-13th so this is good news for me.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #8458
Arch-Supremacy Member

Typhoon has already left Taiwan and moving northwards brushing against China.

However, there will still be rain and wind for the next few days. The temperature may also lowered to around 20 degrees from 12 oct - 14 oct.

I think 15 oct should be better weather already.

You can read yahoo.com.tw for updated news regarding krosa typhoon

or

http://tw.weather.yahoo.com/
http://tw.weather.yahoo.com/week.html

wah..hope by end nov everything is ok. going taiwan on the 30th Nov.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #8459

recommended itnerary

dear all...

i wiill be going for a 7 days F&E Taipei tour in Nov. Can anyone send me the recommended itinerary, my email is eddytay@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #8460
Master Member

going to taipei for 8 days and in betw..will be going to taichung for 2 days....how do i go to taichung from taipei?need help on the itinerary at taichung too..and btw..is huelian near taichung?

Please kindly email me / Pm me if possible too..thanks!
zeroflame15@hotmail.com

Last edited by zeroflame; 10-10-2007 at 12:36 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.