HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #8461

Yup...finally back to Singapore( 1stOct ~ 9Oct, departing SQ875 835am and returning at 625pm SQ875)....home sweet home

My planned itinerary:

Taipei 2 nights
Hualien 1night( reached ard 8plus and head towards toroko gorge/ qi xing tan aka seven stars lake and night time in Hualien)
Green island 1night( early train to taidung and ferry to green island)
Tainan 1night ( noon ferry back to taidung and train onwards to tainan)
Alishan 1night( late noon train towards jiayi and to alishan)
Taipei 2nights

Due to the appalling news and imminent danger of Krosa typhoon on the 5oct, unable to proceed onwards to green island on the 4thoct due to undulating waves whereby all ferries ceased operation to Lanyu and green islands; gotta forgo our trip to alishan on the following day as well. Impossible to head back to taipei on the 7oct too.

New itinerary:

All remain the same till green island ; left Fugang in dismay, explore around Taidung, went Zhiben for hot spring and stayed one night instead...took a 7am train the very next day to Tainan, and spent 2 nights there( didnt went much further on the 2nd day due to the insanely strong wind that started to pick up from 8pm onwards, so just stick around Tainan city and the nearby food stalls.( my umbrella was ruined as a result, but gotta say its quite an experience!), and took an early train to Kaohsiung( book a hotel, explore around Kaohsiung and rest for one night). Back to Taipei on the 8oct noon time and went for a shopping spree, and head back to SIN 9oct evening time.

Will upload some pics to share soon....
Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #8462

Hi BQ,
Glad to know that you are visiting again.
A couple of forumers who took that tour said it was okay. Just make sure that they have enough passengers. It takes a minimum of four to make a tour group.
Hello Nutty
Instead of this guided SML tour, I am thinking of DIY. This means from Taichung Railway, I'll take 仁友客運 (Ren You Bus) to reach SML. From there, maybe I can hire a private cabbie for NT1200 or else all the way on my own via its "roundabout shuttle bus"? Which is more feasible?
May I know is the Ren You BUS STOP located just outside or nearby Taichung Railway? Do I have to purchase the bus ticket beforehand?

Is Leofu Village worth a visit?
I will be taking MRT from Tapei to 景安站 (Jing An Stop). From there, take 台聯客運 (Tai Lian Bus) to Leofu Village.
Is this the correct way? I saw their bus schedule. Does that means I'll just have to proceed to the bustop outside the Jing An according to the schedule? But how and where do I purchase the bus tickets?

Last edited by BubbleQoo; 10-10-2007 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #8463

Does anyone know if there is any internet cafe nearby Future Star Hotel or around XMD area? Will that be 24-hour? How's the rates like?
Please advise as this is very important to me.....
Thank you very much.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #8464

hi, anyone can advise on where to buy japanese drama dvd in taipei. Going in dec. so planning to buy a lot. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #8465

Hi fishie can i have your chinese iternary? pls email to bunny_linz@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #8466

Hi BubbleQoo

I have also booked at Futurestar hotel for my stay in Dec. Can I check with you, did the hotel provide you with any confirmation number? I called them up to book and over the phone, they just told me that the room is booked for me. Thats all. No confirmation number given. Pardon my ignorance, but is this how it works?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #8467

Those gg to TW in dec, can you share how much did u pay for yuor tix? TQ
Old 11-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #8468

$420 Jetstar inc tax frm 24/12-03/01
Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #8469

Hi BubbleQoo

I have also booked at Futurestar hotel for my stay in Dec. Can I check with you, did the hotel provide you with any confirmation number? I called them up to book and over the phone, they just told me that the room is booked for me. Thats all. No confirmation number given. Pardon my ignorance, but is this how it works?
Hello Tulips
Its the same for me too...I have booked TS on my previously trip in year 2006 and Future Star this year. And all I have to do is to tell them the basic information loh..no of days accomodation, time arrived so that the hotel in-charge will take note and reserve the room for you till a certain time. Any changes, u just have to call them few days beforehand. This is sort of a confirmation liao...They based on TRUST.
If you dun feel comfortable, just give them a call to re-confirm again one week or so before your trip loh..thats why I always do also...JUST IN CASE mah..
Old 11-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #8470

is jetstar the cheapest to TW now?
Eva and sia anyone know the price?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #8471

u still not yet book? hmm i think so unless they got a promotion..
going on dec is super peak period so must book as early as possible.. another thing is hotel!
EVA air no more flight, SIA super ex (unless got promo)
Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #8472

Smile

I paid 637 for my SQ tixs during my Oct trip...not too sure about Eva airlines( should be ard 500) China airlines is ard 450~490. whereas jetstar i believe is around 400~480. If u dont mind transit, you can consider Cathay pacific( Transit in hongkong, ard 520~600), or Thai airways. Well its up to you whether u wana travel premium airlines with good services or simply just to fly there. But do note the timing for china airlines and eva airlines returning flights are pretty bad( 9am and 7am respectively), so it will be better if you wana stay in Taiwan abit longer and take the evening flight. Do note SQ has a morning flight to Taipei departing at 835am, so its also a good choice cause u will still have a lot of time when u reach taipei ard 1300. So yeh, u can consider taking SQ or jetstar, and if returning time is not of concern for you, u can consider Eva airlines.I will avoid china airlines at all cost
Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #8473

Hello Tulips
Its the same for me too...I have booked TS on my previously trip in year 2006 and Future Star this year. And all I have to do is to tell them the basic information loh..no of days accomodation, time arrived so that the hotel in-charge will take note and reserve the room for you till a certain time. Any changes, u just have to call them few days beforehand. This is sort of a confirmation liao...They based on TRUST.
If you dun feel comfortable, just give them a call to re-confirm again one week or so before your trip loh..thats why I always do also...JUST IN CASE mah..
Hi BubbleQoo

*whew* at least I feel more assured now, since this is how they operate.

Guess I'll make a call to them again nearer the departure date just to make sure.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #8474

Those gg to TW in dec, can you share how much did u pay for yuor tix? TQ
Mine is SQ = $635 incl taxes. 29th Dec to 5th Jan'08. I choose early afternoon flight since I don't think I am able to wake up so early for the morning one. Come back at night.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #8475

Does anyone know if there is any internet cafe nearby Future Star Hotel or around XMD area? Will that be 24-hour? How's the rates like?
Please advise as this is very important to me.....
Thank you very much.

Anyone pls???
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.