HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2007, 01:55 AM   #8536
Supremacy Member

going to taipei for 8 days and in betw..will be going to taichung for 2 days....how do i go to taichung from taipei?need help on the itinerary at taichung too..and btw..is huelian near taichung?

Please kindly email me / Pm me if possible too..thanks!
zeroflame15@hotmail.com
You can take train or high speed rail depending on your time/budget.

Do take note of your hotel check-in time in taichung if you are staying overnight there. You may wish to plan your transport timing so that you can check in just nice.

Train wise is about 2-3 hours

High speed rail is 1 hour.

The best night market you can go in Taichung is 逢甲 and 一中街 night market. I think Fengjia is the best night market in Taiwan in terms of makan and shopping because it's damn big and more happening than shilin. As for YiZhongJie, it's not as big as fengjia and has more makan than shopping.

If you have the time, you may wish to visit their oldest night market Zhonghua too.

The best local product in taizhong is their pineapple tart, dried beancurd, etc. You can ask the taxi driver to bring you to the shop at 自由街 to buy as it's the most recommended ones.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #8537

Hi everybody... I'm going taipei on dec 11. Although i went taipei before during april in my NS days, i'm pretty excited and nervous as this is the first time i'm going a oversea for a free and easy trip. Can anybody send me any guidelines on the transport over there and places of interest? Want to make ample of planning so that that it doesn't goes wrong for my gf graduation holiday.

I'm going for a 5d4n trip and know about few places as i read the forum.

I went this few places before during my NS so there's no problem finding it.
Shilin night market.
Wu Fen Pu
Xing Guang Shan Yue
Taipei 101
Xi Men Ding

Places i wish to go are but still abit confuse
Leo foo village/Jianfushun(theme park)
Hua lien Taroke Gorge

Any other places you all can recommends to me as well?

I read alot on the forum by Zan_45 at another thread on taroke gorge but still abit lost. I now only know that train to hua lien by train at taipei train station. Then we can immediately buy a return ticket to taipei from hua lien right? in case there's no ticket. Then contact which ever cabbie i book to bring me around hua lien. If we go early there's no need for us to stay over at hua lien right?

Sorry to post so many question at a time.
You can send information to my email as well at oky1984@gmail.com
Thank you guys and gals.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #8538
Master Member

What are the things we can do at hualian? Got hot spring? Shopping center?
Old 19-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #8539

You can take train or high speed rail depending on your time/budget.

Do take note of your hotel check-in time in taichung if you are staying overnight there. You may wish to plan your transport timing so that you can check in just nice.

Train wise is about 2-3 hours

High speed rail is 1 hour.

The best night market you can go in Taichung is 逢甲 and 一中街 night market. I think Fengjia is the best night market in Taiwan in terms of makan and shopping because it's damn big and more happening than shilin. As for YiZhongJie, it's not as big as fengjia and has more makan than shopping.

If you have the time, you may wish to visit their oldest night market Zhonghua too.

The best local product in taizhong is their pineapple tart, dried beancurd, etc. You can ask the taxi driver to bring you to the shop at 自由街 to buy as it's the most recommended ones.
BRO where is 逢甲 located exactly?? right after alighting at taichung train station?
Old 19-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #8540
Supremacy Member

BRO where is 逢甲 located exactly?? right after alighting at taichung train station?
Nope, it's far from railway station, around north west of taichung. It's around 逢甲大学. Some of the road names around are fuxing road, wenhua road and fengjia road.
Old 19-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #8541

wat hotels other than grand hyatt can provide a good clear view of e fireworks during new year eve?
Old 19-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #8542
Supremacy Member

Hi everybody... I'm going taipei on dec 11. Although i went taipei before during april in my NS days, i'm pretty excited and nervous as this is the first time i'm going a oversea for a free and easy trip. Can anybody send me any guidelines on the transport over there and places of interest? Want to make ample of planning so that that it doesn't goes wrong for my gf graduation holiday.

I'm going for a 5d4n trip and know about few places as i read the forum.

I went this few places before during my NS so there's no problem finding it.
Shilin night market.
Wu Fen Pu
Xing Guang Shan Yue
Taipei 101
Xi Men Ding

Places i wish to go are but still abit confuse
Leo foo village/Jianfushun(theme park)
Hua lien Taroke Gorge

Any other places you all can recommends to me as well?

I read alot on the forum by Zan_45 at another thread on taroke gorge but still abit lost. I now only know that train to hua lien by train at taipei train station. Then we can immediately buy a return ticket to taipei from hua lien right? in case there's no ticket. Then contact which ever cabbie i book to bring me around hua lien. If we go early there's no need for us to stay over at hua lien right?

Sorry to post so many question at a time.
You can send information to my email as well at oky1984@gmail.com
Thank you guys and gals.
This may be helpful to you on how to get to Leo foo village. Image a bit blur because they are taken with my hp camera.

Front: http://i22.tinypic.com/2iifo7n.jpg (bus schedule)
Back: http://i22.tinypic.com/2e4lnno.jpg (route)
Old 19-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #8543

Thanx alot CubeFX! With the time schedule i can plan my trip better.
Like you all said, the people there are very friendly and should able to guide me to the bus stop. I also read the forum and saw ppl mention that dan shui is a nice place with scenery at night due to it's lighting and etc. So i guess i would be including it in my visit as well.

By the way, are there any other places i should vist and should not miss it due to it's attractions, food, scenery and etc?
Old 19-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #8544
Supremacy Member

Thanx alot CubeFX! With the time schedule i can plan my trip better.
Like you all said, the people there are very friendly and should able to guide me to the bus stop. I also read the forum and saw ppl mention that dan shui is a nice place with scenery at night due to it's lighting and etc. So i guess i would be including it in my visit as well.

By the way, are there any other places i should vist and should not miss it due to it's attractions, food, scenery and etc?
Hot Spring
If you like hotspring, you can try those at beitou/yangmingshan or the ones at wulai.

Beitou/yms is more famous for their sulphuric hot spring

Wulai is more famous for their "no smell" hot spring and I personally feel that wulai's one makes skin more smoother as compared to the ones at yms. Main point is no smell like plain water like that. You can also try the free outdoor hot spring beside the river at wulai where the hot spring pros/locals like to go.

Should you go to wulai, you can take taxi at NT$500 per trip from Xindian mrt station or the coach/shuttle service (refer to http://i24.tinypic.com/2nqb87p.jpg). Maybe you can plan this hot spring trip if you are going to places like wulai waterfall, etc.

Night Market
Besides the usual shilin/raohe market in taipei, i recommend you to try other night markets like 师大, 宁夏 and the night market around 通化街 to get a different feel.

Shopping
For shopping centers, the usual ones are new york new york/warner village cinema/taipei 101, sogo, xinguang sanyue, etc. If you like branded stuff, taipei101 and Core Pacific City living mall (京华城 at 八德路4段 ) because they have more.

Last time all the crowd concentrate at ximending, but now it's spread over ximending, new york new york area and dong qu (东区 ) 

Scenary
Most can be read from this forum but you can try 碧潭 at xindian station to see their older street/lake/long bridge.

Take note if you wish to visit keelung, there is a spreading red/sore eye disease that spread easily. The situation is quite serious from news and not sure if it will be ok when you are going. Can try to check news on that.

Last edited by CubeFX; 19-10-2007 at 06:08 PM..
Old 19-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #8545
Arch-Supremacy Member

2007台灣溫泉美食嘉年華

2007 Taiwan Hot Spring carnival
Hualien county goverment started a series of activities from 15Oct2007 to 31Jan2008.
Activities include enjoying hot springs and tasting of nice goodies

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...5/63/md67.html
Old 19-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #8546
Arch-Supremacy Member

Inconjunction to the 2007 Taiwan Hot Spring carnival,16 hot springs spots with 210 over hot springs owners came up with discounts and free meals.
As the hot springs are located at mountains areas,visitors also get discount for taking public transport

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...18/2/mn9w.html
Old 20-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #8547

I just came back today. Stayed in royal castle too. Nothing much to complain about and I feel it's better than rainbow based on my experience. Pretty satisfied.

Like:
- bathtub
- location (5 minutes walk from xi men station - along chengdu road so it's easier to tell the taxi driver which road name to go if they do not know the hotel name)
- many tv channels as compared to other hotels I have stayed in before
- good service by receptionists

Dislike:
- lighting a bit dim, sorta romantic feel but not suitable for book reading (i guess)
- bed not that soft.

Overall give it 8/10 as it's really worth the $ for budget stay.
wow.... good review from u... thanks alot manz!!!!
Old 21-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #8548
Supremacy Member

Hey ... any guys got the contact of this quite famous tour guide operating in taroko , hualian .

Mr chan i think his name is ...

TIA
Old 22-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #8549

Hi folks.. I am currently planning a trip for my family from eve of CNY to 4th day of CNY..

Not sure anyone when to Taipei during this period of time... If do, any experience to share on where to go (Not sure whether places of attraction is open).. and also... anyway to rent a mini bus? 11 peps going..

Thanks...

Anyway, stayed in Wonstar last year when I was there. Any other recos besides that?

Thanks in advance for your recos....
Old 22-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #8550

Thanx alot again CubeFX. Your information are very useful to me. I'll plan my schedule and post it here hope you guys can give me some advice on it. Thanks alot guys/gals.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.