HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #8626
Supremacy Member

May i know that is all the hot spring for public? Like can we book a room for few hours or so just to enjoy the hot spring privately?
some just do public pool...but some have both.

some requires you to strip fully naked but some requires you to wear swimming suit at least.

there are too many hot spring spa around. in taipei at least few hundreds of them and many from wulai/beitou.

usually for those private rooms, it's up to you to do whatever you want.

i personally prefer those at wulai ba

please don't spend too much on hot spring because not much use one la.. it's just like resting in the bathtub at home/swimming pool.
Old 30-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #8627

some just do public pool...but some have both.

some requires you to strip fully naked but some requires you to wear swimming suit at least.

there are too many hot spring spa around. in taipei at least few hundreds of them and many from wulai/beitou.

usually for those private rooms, it's up to you to do whatever you want.

i personally prefer those at wulai ba

please don't spend too much on hot spring because not much use one la.. it's just like resting in the bathtub at home/swimming pool.
okok. Will have my hot spring bath at the hotel bathtub. Just planning alternative for the day going to JianFuSun theme park cause might not go the to the theme park as travelling itself already taken up too much time le and in case bad weather. Already plan a few to sub my theme park day le. e.g hua lien(one day trip), (yehliu + keelung + jiufen) which i read mostly from the forum.
Old 30-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #8628
Supremacy Member

okok. Will have my hot spring bath at the hotel bathtub. Just planning alternative for the day going to JianFuSun theme park cause might not go the to the theme park as travelling itself already taken up too much time le and in case bad weather. Already plan a few to sub my theme park day le. e.g hua lien(one day trip), (yehliu + keelung + jiufen) which i read mostly from the forum.
you can travel down to taichung for 1 day if you like. e.g. morning take train and reach there around noon, then walk walk see see, at night can go Fengjia nightmarket (best in tw).

after that, catch the last few train back to taipei.
Old 30-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #8629

Thank CubeFX. You always provide alot ideas and informations.
Old 30-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #8630

you can travel down to taichung for 1 day if you like. e.g. morning take train and reach there around noon, then walk walk see see, at night can go Fengjia nightmarket (best in tw).

after that, catch the last few train back to taipei.
Do you have any recommanded Hotel stay in Taichung?
Any places of interest there??
Old 31-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #8631
Supremacy Member

Do you have any recommanded Hotel stay in Taichung?
Any places of interest there??
if you want to stay near fengjia night market, you can try gallerie hotel which is 5 minutes walk to fengjia.

as for places of interest, depending on what you like to do bah.. if you wanna see scenary or something different, quite a few to go...like sun moon lake, lugang, jiji, gukeng, houli, dakeng, etc.

otherwise, you can go walk some of their areas like 精明一街, 一中街 or other shopping centers which you can also find in taipei e.g. sogo, xingguangsanyue, etc.

night time can explore the various night market like chunghwa (oldest there), fengjia (personally feel best in tw), yi zhong jie (many youngsters)

for taiyang bing etc, you can go to 自由街 to buy.

Last edited by CubeFX; 31-10-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 31-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #8632

Day 1 (Tuesday)
ETA Taipei CKS airport around 5.40pm
Tourist counter to apply for youth pass and grab a MAP.
Go to express bus counter and buy tickets for Freego (Fei Gou Ke Yun) bus to Royal Castle Hotel. (Ask if it reach near hotel.)
Eat and walk around Xi Men Ding.
**Ask hotel to help book a Freego bus ticket on 15 Dec 3pm.**

Day 2 (Wednesday)
Xi Men Ding MRT -> Jian Tan MRT
Yang Ming Shan Park
Shuttle Bus Red-5 or Leisure Bus 109 from Jiantan station
Ximen MRT Bus Stop - Exit 3- Bus 260. (appox. 35mins)
Jian Tan MRT -> Dan Shui MRT
Dan Shui Old Street
Fisherman Wharf (Ask around on where to get tickets.)
Lover's Bridge
Dan Shui MRT -> Jian Tan MRT
Shilin Night Market

Day 3 (Thursday)
JianFuSun Theme Park(Need to ask hotel people on getting there if confirm going.)
Lin Jiang Jie Guan Guang Ye Shi

Day 4 (Friday)
Xi Men Ding MRT -> Taipei City Hall MRT
Taipei 101 (Only takes the lift and goes up. See the scenery which I hope it be clear)
New York New York
Xin Guang San Yue
Warner Village Cinema

Taipei City Hall MRT -> Hou Shan Pi MRT
WuFenPu wholesales (5mins walk from Hou Shan Pi MRT.)
Raohe Night Market (Just the street north of Song Shan train station.)

Day 5 (Saturday)
Last minutes shopping.
Checkout and to airport for 1845 flight back to SG

My plan for Dec trip.
Does it look rush? Cause i got think of what if get lost and etc. Anyway i think if i get lost i would wave my hand for cabby liao. No wasting of time.
Old 31-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #8633
Supremacy Member

Day 1 (Tuesday)
ETA Taipei CKS airport around 5.40pm
Tourist counter to apply for youth pass and grab a MAP.
Go to express bus counter and buy tickets for Freego (Fei Gou Ke Yun) bus to Royal Castle Hotel. (Ask if it reach near hotel.)
Eat and walk around Xi Men Ding.
**Ask hotel to help book a Freego bus ticket on 15 Dec 3pm.**

Day 2 (Wednesday)
Xi Men Ding MRT -> Jian Tan MRT
Yang Ming Shan Park
Shuttle Bus Red-5 or Leisure Bus 109 from Jiantan station
Ximen MRT Bus Stop - Exit 3- Bus 260. (appox. 35mins)
Jian Tan MRT -> Dan Shui MRT
Dan Shui Old Street
Fisherman Wharf (Ask around on where to get tickets.)
Lover's Bridge
Dan Shui MRT -> Jian Tan MRT
Shilin Night Market

Day 3 (Thursday)
JianFuSun Theme Park(Need to ask hotel people on getting there if confirm going.)
Lin Jiang Jie Guan Guang Ye Shi

Day 4 (Friday)
Xi Men Ding MRT -> Taipei City Hall MRT
Taipei 101 (Only takes the lift and goes up. See the scenery which I hope it be clear)
New York New York
Xin Guang San Yue
Warner Village Cinema

Taipei City Hall MRT -> Hou Shan Pi MRT
WuFenPu wholesales (5mins walk from Hou Shan Pi MRT.)
Raohe Night Market (Just the street north of Song Shan train station.)

Day 5 (Saturday)
Last minutes shopping.
Checkout and to airport for 1845 flight back to SG

My plan for Dec trip.
Does it look rush? Cause i got think of what if get lost and etc. Anyway i think if i get lost i would wave my hand for cabby liao. No wasting of time.
the coach will drop you at the door step of royal castle because royal castle is facing main road. remember that royal castle in chinese is called Chengdu fan dian along chengdu road. It will be useful when you take taxi etc.

btw, your first night can go night market already. don't waste time. xi men ding every night also can shop a bit.

places like shi da/gong guan night market also not bad. As for booking of freego, you can do it 1 day before checkout.

Last edited by CubeFX; 31-10-2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old 31-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #8634

Haha... Thanx CubeFX... Cause i scare ltr go there my gf wanna play the machine that pick up toys and etc de... lolx.. if not i would go shida liao... cause i cant seems to add it in anywhere..
Old 31-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #8635

HI everyone...
I decided to OPT OUT Futurestar Hotel.
My options now are Onestar or Keysman.
Any suggestion on both?
Onestar only provide lousy breakfast whereas Keysman's one looks happening on its website.
Room designs @Onestar of cos looks better than Keyman's but not as spacious.
Toliet @Keyman looks a bit old and shaggy leh..
Anyone tried before?
Please help...

Last edited by BubbleQoo; 31-10-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 31-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #8636
Supremacy Member

HI everyone...
Any suggestion on both?
Onestar only provide lousy breakfast whereas Keysman's one looks happening on its website.
Anyone lived before?
Please help...
actually for breakfast, i would rather go out and eat. breakfast outside are usually better.

unless you go for 5 stars hotels, maybe the breakfast would be different or very good.
Old 31-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #8637

Anyone care to share abt rooms @Keymans? It looks big and spacious leh..
Old 31-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #8638

HI everyone...
Any suggestion on both?
Anyone lived before?
Please help...
Wah.. both hotel looks so spacious and nice.
For me i will see my budget bah and find review and comments given by people on this two hotel as location wise is not in consideration in this case as the hotel is just side by side each other. onestar hotel looks more "brighter" compare to keysman hotel but in terms of space keysman hotel room is much more spacious than onestar by looking at the pictures. The facilities wise is like not much difference. In the end, i think i will judge by looking at comments and advice given by people if the price difference is not big and within my budget.

I think breakfast is not a big problem lah since taiwan got so many good food. Must leave some space for it.
Old 31-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #8639

For those taking the freego bus, do note that there are days whereby its not a direct bus, and will stopby somewhere, and u have to switch to another bus( which happened to me....i checked with connie from Ts hotel that they do have such probs at times, and with the waiting time, i was out of airpot ard 1345, but reached ts hotel ard 1645...( really a nightmare), so those takin freego bus and jetstar( since u will arrive late evening) may have to take note.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #8640

For those taking the freego bus, do note that there are days whereby its not a direct bus, and will stopby somewhere, and u have to switch to another bus( which happened to me....i checked with connie from Ts hotel that they do have such probs at times, and with the waiting time, i was out of airpot ard 1345, but reached ts hotel ard 1645...( really a nightmare), so those takin freego bus and jetstar( since u will arrive late evening) may have to take note.
Noted. Thanx for the information.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.