HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #8641
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys...
Taipei is getting cold...bring warm clothes and umbrella if coming..

not sure if it's good to go YMS this weekend....anyone knows?

and how to go from City?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #8642

guys...
Taipei is getting cold...bring warm clothes and umbrella if coming..

not sure if it's good to go YMS this weekend....anyone knows?

and how to go from City?
Is it very cold now? I'm going mid december lehz. Later very cold die le. Haha...

Hmm.. i'm not sure wether it's correct but below is the information i gathered so far. Maybe someone can confirm?

Shuttle Bus Red-5 or Leisure Bus 109 from Jiantan station
Ximen MRT Bus Stop - Exit 3- Bus 260.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #8643
Supremacy Member

Is it very cold now? I'm going mid december lehz. Later very cold die le. Haha...

Hmm.. i'm not sure wether it's correct but below is the information i gathered so far. Maybe someone can confirm?

Shuttle Bus Red-5 or Leisure Bus 109 from Jiantan station
Ximen MRT Bus Stop - Exit 3- Bus 260.
yes yes.. you did homework...

reach there already pay shuttle bus to go the spots you like i think (if i remember wrongly).
Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #8644

For those taking the freego bus, do note that there are days whereby its not a direct bus, and will stopby somewhere, and u have to switch to another bus( which happened to me....i checked with connie from Ts hotel that they do have such probs at times, and with the waiting time, i was out of airpot ard 1345, but reached ts hotel ard 1645...( really a nightmare), so those takin freego bus and jetstar( since u will arrive late evening) may have to take note.
Confirmed need to change bus when reached Taipei but not sure if it was only certain day tot.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #8645
Supremacy Member

Confirmed need to change bus when reached Taipei but not sure if it was only certain day tot.
i was there on 11th october...direct bus. evening jetstar.

but when going back to airport on departure day.. bus driver said bus spoilt.. then change bus halfway
Old 02-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #8646

I think maybe certain days the freego bus are direct and certain days are not. Anyway, I think the best is ask when you board the bus to confirm and i think it's no harm asking. Taiwan people mostly are all very helpful de.

Thank CubeFX. I will confirm after i came back from taiwan whether i pay for the shuttle bus to go to the spot at YMS.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #8647

Hi,
For most of you Singaporeans the weather might be a little chilly now as the Night temp is dropping to 21C for the coming week,It might be here to stay as Autumn is finally settling in. The Day highs are between 24C~28C.
Some of you might need a windbreaker or light jacket in the evenings , You wont be alone as some of the locals have already brought out their Autumn wear.

Hi, i'm planning to go ard 20-28th jan 08.. read from the net, e weather is pretty cool.. is it cold? any idea how e temperature might be? ard 15deg ?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #8648
Supremacy Member

I think maybe certain days the freego bus are direct and certain days are not. Anyway, I think the best is ask when you board the bus to confirm and i think it's no harm asking. Taiwan people mostly are all very helpful de.

Thank CubeFX. I will confirm after i came back from taiwan whether i pay for the shuttle bus to go to the spot at YMS.
yah think need to pay. like you can buy ticket for whole of yms or rather by number of stops.

too long ago...can't remember how much bah
Old 02-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #8649
Supremacy Member

Hi, i'm planning to go ard 20-28th jan 08.. read from the net, e weather is pretty cool.. is it cold? any idea how e temperature might be? ard 15deg ?
just refer to http://tw.weather.yahoo.com/ few days before going.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #8650

yah think need to pay. like you can buy ticket for whole of yms or rather by number of stops.

too long ago...can't remember how much bah
Arh? YMs need to pay de ar? i thought only a mountain for visitor to go up and need to pay for transport around only. Still got pay for whole mountain and few stop de ar? some new info to me. Didn't know that cause haven heard anything about that.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #8651
Arch-Supremacy Member

what to do in YMS ?

which restaurent is recommended??
Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #8652
Supremacy Member

Arh? YMs need to pay de ar? i thought only a mountain for visitor to go up and need to pay for transport around only. Still got pay for whole mountain and few stop de ar? some new info to me. Didn't know that cause haven heard anything about that.
no la.. i meant the bus fare for all the spots. because most of the spots are quite far apart from each another.

either you get it for a one-time and cheaper fare.. or pay separately at each spot.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #8653

no la.. i meant the bus fare for all the spots. because most of the spots are quite far apart from each another.

either you get it for a one-time and cheaper fare.. or pay separately at each spot.
Oh... Sorry.. i though must pay de... like that i think will buy one time de cheaper...
Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #8654
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows where are the good places in TW where i can shop for street stuff like sneakers and tees? intending to go sometime next yr with frens.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #8655
Arch-Supremacy Member

where's Dun Hwa South Rd also. managed to find Leftfoot address there. but not sure if they have any other shops selling limited edition sneakers
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.