Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #871
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is different. Our socket and theirs are totally diff
Old 24-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #872

the plug is different lah... but voltage same anot?
Old 24-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #873

No point rush to hua lian lah.
Maybe u can go jiu fen. Got direct bus there no worry. Journey about 1hr. Along the way can go rui fan. Or u can take train to rui fan, shop around there then go up to jiu fan.

Jiu fan is a old street up in the hill. A tourist attraction.

thanks bro.. than which area i can buy those local food to bring back singapore?? like " Tu Chan" ?? thanks again
Old 24-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #874
High Honorary Member

they selling at wholesale prices. if u find the same clothes in ximending or somewhere else, u will probably find it also in wufenpu at half the price.
Actually if you do browse around ximenting, same clothes sell the same price as wufenpu, even taipei underground mall sell the same price as wufenpu.
Old 25-04-2005, 04:59 AM   #875
Supremacy Member

Actually if you do browse around ximenting, same clothes sell the same price as wufenpu, even taipei underground mall sell the same price as wufenpu.
very rare...i rather have a wider selection
Old 25-04-2005, 05:52 AM   #876
Master Member

just go XiMenTing 4 MM lah Taiwan, here i coming
Old 25-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #877
Master Member

girls will be damn happy after ard 10pm at zhong xiao area where all those illegal hawkers start to display their clothings and etc...
Old 25-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #878
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tu chang maybe can go dan shui. quite a bit of food over there, like metal egg, yu shu....
As for mua chi also got
Old 25-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #879
Master Member

Can anyone suggest the route for me if I intend to cover these locations in 8-9 days?

Tentatively, I thought of doing this:

Taipei(2 nites)
Beitou
Alishan(1 nite)
Tainan
Hualian(1 nite)
Taichung
Taipei(2 nites)

Not so sure how many days I should spend on each location, as my knowledge of the locations are really limited. Any lao jiaos can advise?
Old 26-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #880
Great Supremacy Member

Can anyone suggest the route for me if I intend to cover these locations in 8-9 days?

Tentatively, I thought of doing this:

Taipei(2 nites)
Beitou
Alishan(1 nite)
Tainan
Hualian(1 nite)
Taichung
Taipei(2 nites)

Not so sure how many days I should spend on each location, as my knowledge of the locations are really limited. Any lao jiaos can advise?

U have to keep in mind the check in and check out timing of the hotels... u will not want to lug yr luggages along when u go sight seeing..
Old 26-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #881
Master Member

actaully now not really a gd time 2 visit taiwan oso... coz now is 梅雨季
(coz if u dun mind or care wil do )
Old 26-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #882
Great Supremacy Member

actaully now not really a gd time 2 visit taiwan oso... coz now is 梅雨季
(coz if u dun mind or care wil do )
wat is 梅雨季?

raining season?
Old 26-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #883
Master Member

Hi everyone.i asked dis question b4....but no one replied mi :s but reply asap can?
1) for the tour trip to hualian (taroko gorge )takin the bus or taxi,they juz drive u round the place and back arh W/O stopping? or they drive u there, give you some time to explore ard n drive u back?

2) how to go to hualian from rainbow hotel? hmm, correct mi if i'm wrong..izzit take train from Taipei Main station n juz directly take e train to hualian ? cos when i go to the railway website, saw on the website to take a train from taipei to hualian, the starting station is " Shu-lin". I dun understand leh....

Hi Byleek,

1. just came back from Taipei, originally i booked the Taiwan Bus Company half day tour for NT550 for Taroko National Park Tour which includes Swallow Grotto, Tiansiang, Changchun shrine (hours 10.30am-3.30pm). Apparently they will bring you to their marble/stone factory. When we reach there, some one approached us (since there were 3 of us offered to drive us around for NT600 which includes the above as well as to 七星潭 (beach nice rocks). FYI, you should try to booked the tickets earlier as when we went there one day b4 to book the train tickets to Hualian, there were no more seats for the 6.45am train. If you like I will post his telephone number here and you can call him and he said that he will pick you up from the train station. your timing can then be flexible. He also brought us to eat the Hualian Special wanton @ NT60 per bowl ie about S$3. He also stop by the road side for us to buy sweet potato/yam roasted

2. Take the train from the Taipei Main Railway station situated at the Taipei MRT station (one stop away from Ximending)
Old 26-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #884
Master Member

wat is 梅雨季?

raining season?
yup. spring raining season... wake up this moring n c outside raining... mood sianz half liao
Old 26-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #885
Great Supremacy Member

Hi Byleek,

1. just came back from Taipei, originally i booked the Taiwan Bus Company half day tour for NT550 for Taroko National Park Tour which includes Swallow Grotto, Tiansiang, Changchun shrine (hours 10.30am-3.30pm). Apparently they will bring you to their marble/stone factory. When we reach there, some one approached us (since there were 3 of us offered to drive us around for NT600 which includes the above as well as to 七星潭 (beach nice rocks). FYI, you should try to booked the tickets earlier as when we went there one day b4 to book the train tickets to Hualian, there were no more seats for the 6.45am train. If you like I will post his telephone number here and you can call him and he said that he will pick you up from the train station. your timing can then be flexible. He also brought us to eat the Hualian Special wanton @ NT60 per bowl ie about S$3. He also stop by the road side for us to buy sweet potato/yam roasted

2. Take the train from the Taipei Main Railway station situated at the Taipei MRT station (one stop away from Ximending)
600NT per pax?? if got 6 pax how to arrange for the car?? can PM me the number? thanks
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.