7th FEB)
Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
Pacific SOGO Department Store
Breeze Center
Eslite Xinyi (Sinyi) Store
Warner Village
Taipei 101 Mall

9th feb)
Slack around Xi Men Ting before I go to airport.

Any recommendation for 8th feb?
Or any places I lack out
*7th feb is CNY is there any special place to go on that day?
Old 23-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #8927

hi all,

Does anyone knows any public transport to xiao ren guo?
also public transport to jiu zhu wen hua chun?
Old 23-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #8928

Just come back from taiwan yesterday.

The rate at the airport as of yesterday at taipei airport is 21.60.

The weather is not cold at all, wasted my luggage space carrying thick jacket, you only need a light jacket, those type you wear in sg for aircon room, unless you those type cannot stand aircon. The coldest encountered is at Alisan, I was shivering with my light jacket from the wind, but was misty from Kaoshiung to Taipei throughout my stay.

The only regret is I can't shop, cos I was in a group tour. Its a private organised group, so its quite fun, everyone knows each other.

I share my trip later, so tired.
Old 23-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #8929
Banned

how to go to Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
Old 23-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #8930

hi all,

Does anyone knows any public transport to xiao ren guo?
also public transport to jiu zhu wen hua chun?
http://ord.e-go.com.tw/aps07.htm
http://ord.e-go.com.tw/pop2.htm

Are you referring to Janfusan??
http://www.startravel.com.tw/
This co has a package offer for janfusan.
Old 23-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #8931

how to go to Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
http://www.mmot.com.tw/

http://www.mmot.com.tw/4-en.htm
Old 24-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #8932

Anybody knows how long can the pineapple tarts from Vigor be kept?
Old 24-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #8933
WJY
Master Member

anyone know how much nintendo wii is selling for in taiwan? Is it US version or Jap? Me going taiwan if the price good enough may bring a few set for my friends.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #8934

can someone send me the WU LIN MI JI as well??
staruiz@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Btw, 《食尚玩家》was introducing a black pepper pie at dan shui, any one has tried it before?
Old 24-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #8935

got wu lin mi ji??
can share? akagi07@hotmail.com
i going from 7th Jan - 13th with gf and 3 more people.
first 2 nights settling in a backpacker hostel ard XMD area.

was also asking.. my dad told me exchange currency better in tw itself, rather than over SG locally.. any one mind to share his thoughts?
Old 24-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #8936

got wu lin mi ji??
can share? akagi07@hotmail.com
i going from 7th Jan - 13th with gf and 3 more people.
first 2 nights settling in a backpacker hostel ard XMD area.

was also asking.. my dad told me exchange currency better in tw itself, rather than over SG locally.. any one mind to share his thoughts?
in taiwan u can only change currency in selected banks... most banks only change currency with you if you open an account with them... so u need to take note of this...
Old 25-12-2007, 12:28 AM   #8937
Master Member

Basically, Xi Men Ding has nothing much to offer. Its pretty outdated as in, just usual stuff for us youngsters. If you guys wanna enjoy great food, can try Rao He Ye Shi, Shi Lin, Jiu Fen, Ying Ge for visiting and Ken Ding. Or try out sogo bai huo at Zhong Xiao Fu Xing station. Anyway, from a Taiwanese point of view, probably Taiwan has alot more fun to offer rather than what you guys see on TV in Singapore. They are probably kinda overhyped. I find Xi Men Ding pretty normal or probably cause I've been to there way too many times...Hmm. Anyway, can try out shi pai also for the Gyoza. Ah Cai Guo Tie.
Old 26-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #8938

Are shops during new year period close?
And places like Night Markets, CKS etc..
Old 26-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #8939

my experience

hi all, i just came back from taipei. 6D5N free and easy trip. thank all for helping in my preparation. we had a great time doing free and easy. hubby's parents went with tour and didnt enjoy as much coz restricted time for shopping.

we shopped and ate non-stop for 6d5n! haha amazingly didnt put on weight coz of all the shopping and walking.

we took jetstar. was so-so lah. saw people eating non-jetstar food leh. and we managed to buy bottles of water after checking in. still cheaper than the 3 dollars a bottle on board.

stayed in Wonstar hotel in Ximending. 5 mins walk to Ximending station. very convenient and the hotel's good and clean though the room's a bit small. but think all hotels around XMD are quite small. i've walked past other hotels. personally felt that TS Hotel would be the best. but no more rooms for us. its only 1-2mins walk to MRT. Both TS and Wonstar looks very new.

walked past Rainbow Hotel. Don't like it being right in the middle with so many people walking and bikes zipping by. too much buzz. and it looks really old.

East dragon is further down from Wonstar. So another few mins more to MRT as compared to Wonstar. Can't remember the name but there's one hotel that you have to take lift up to the recep wan. Dont like it either. looks very sleazy.

Pass by hotels in Taipei Main Station and Zhong Xiao Fu Xing area. the hotels are bigger and more class. but the area dont have much buzz. not like XMD, you walk out theres already a lot of shops and food. Taipei Main Station and ZXFX area more departmental malls/stores.

Here's what we did for our F&E:
DAY1:
Touch down ard 6+. Came out already 6.30. Came out of arrival hall, turned right to the visitors' counter to apply for the youth travel pass. got some privileges.

then went to the left of Arrival Hall "express buses" to buy Freego Bus tickets to our hotel. its now 140NT per pax. Left at 7pm. Sent right to hotel. Reach hotel around 8plus liaoz. Bad jam but it seems to be the case all the time.

Then we went MRT and got the "ezlink" card. 500 NT (100 deposit and 400 value). More than enough to last the whole trip. Average each ride about 20-25NT. We went to Jiantan (where Shilin Night Market is) took free bus to Miramar. Sat on the ferris wheel. No queue. very fast. very scary as well. Then got back to Jiantan via free bus again and checked out the shilin night market.

Day 2:
We checked out the CKS Memorial Hall, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, Taipei 101, NYNY, Shin Kong, 24Hr Bookstore. Basically the taipei city hall area.

in afternoon, went to wufenpu. dropped off at yongchun station. in the end had to walk very long about 15-20mins to reach. should drop off at houshanpi. its just 5mins away. shopped straight for 4+hours.

went back to hotel to offload shopping. then shopped in XMD.

Day 3:
Went Din Tai Feng for lunch. Walked/shopped around Zhong Xiao Fu Xing & Zhong Xiao Dun Hwa area. Went Shi Lin Night Market.

Day 4:
Went Xin Beitou for hot spring and massage. Then in afternoon went dan shui. evening took ferry to yu ren ma tou.

Night went back hotel and set off again to find this pub in Zhong Xiao Dun Hwa area but totally waste of energy. not worth it. then went back to XMD and there's lotsa alfresco pubs behind the Red theatre. but think its a gays hangout. but we tourists dont care lah. haha

Day 5:
Leisurely lunch in XMD, last min shopping in wufenpu and shi lin.

Day 6:
Leisurely lunch in XMD and last min shopping.

well...can tell our main aim is eating and shopping and hot spring. so didnt pack too much sight seeing inside. dont wanna waste time travelling too far out to see sea and rocks.
it was well paced for us.

managed to buy quite a lot of things leh.

Hi all, hmm, im planning to go taiwan on feb5 to feb10 with my sister.

But any recommendation of hotel in ximending area?
:l is taipei city the mrt station for xmd area?
Old 26-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #8940

for hotspring in Xin Beitou.

we took a brochure in the airport. very useful. we went on a Sat and dont need to book still have room. we would recommend Spring City or Asia Pacific. We chose the Asia Pacific wan in the end. its right at the end of the stretch of hotspring bath houses. Asia Pacific is pricey compared to others around that area but its still affordable. They said they're the only ones with private outdoor rooms there. i think that's true coz we checked out others with private rooms are all indoor.

we took a 1 hour package with 30mins head,shoulder and back massage. (the massage is actually 45mins long) for 3299NT for 2. Actually 1 hour is more than enough for us. Cannot soak too long also. And the massage was good. Totally enjoyed the hotspring. Recommend MUST-DO thing when you're there.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.