HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2005, 09:28 AM   #886
Master Member

600NT per pax?? if got 6 pax how to arrange for the car?? can PM me the number? thanks

Not sure about how he can arrange if there is 6 pax. For the number, i need to go dig out his card. Keep forgetting. Will try to post the number tomorrow.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #887
Master Member

600NT per pax?? if got 6 pax how to arrange for the car?? can PM me the number? thanks

Not sure about how he can arrange if there is 6 pax. For the number, i need to go dig out his card. Keep forgetting. Will try to post the number tomorrow. By the way he told me that if there is 4 pax, the cost was NT2000 for 4 ie only NT500 but since there were only 3 he charged us NT1800. Towards the end of the trip he wanted to add an additional NT200 (for 3 of us) for trip to town to do shopping etc, but it is really up to you if you want to or not, he does not force it on you. He also brought us to eat "Chou Tow Fu" althought i thought the Shilin market one was better. He also asked if we wanted a trip to those marble factory (not interested so did not go).
Old 27-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #888
Great Supremacy Member

Hi Byleek,

1. just came back from Taipei, originally i booked the Taiwan Bus Company half day tour for NT550 for Taroko National Park Tour which includes Swallow Grotto, Tiansiang, Changchun shrine (hours 10.30am-3.30pm). Apparently they will bring you to their marble/stone factory. When we reach there, some one approached us (since there were 3 of us offered to drive us around for NT600 which includes the above as well as to 七星潭 (beach nice rocks). FYI, you should try to booked the tickets earlier as when we went there one day b4 to book the train tickets to Hualian, there were no more seats for the 6.45am train. If you like I will post his telephone number here and you can call him and he said that he will pick you up from the train station. your timing can then be flexible. He also brought us to eat the Hualian Special wanton @ NT60 per bowl ie about S$3. He also stop by the road side for us to buy sweet potato/yam roasted

2. Take the train from the Taipei Main Railway station situated at the Taipei MRT station (one stop away from Ximending)
can u PM me his number too? me planning a TW trip next month

thanks
Old 27-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #889

yaya....thanx.i wan the no too~! thanx.ur info is really veri helpful...! hehe, u got earn commission 1 anot? aniwai, mind if i ask agn, the person will drive u back to the train station? Cos i will be staying at one of the hotels there...
Old 27-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #890
Master Member

planning to go to taiwan next month oso... wanna ask abt the hua lian minsu? they got any contact number which i can call them up to ask? and how much for staying 1 nite there for 4 person? will there be any transport to fetch us from the railway station once we reach there? coz i am planning to take railway train from taipei to hua lian... can any1 advise thx... one more thing wat time does the bei tou hot springs open? can we go in the morning around 10am there to pao tang and wanna know if there is any good food @ bei tou there oso...
Old 27-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #891
Great Supremacy Member

planning to go to taiwan next month oso... wanna ask abt the hua lian minsu? they got any contact number which i can call them up to ask? and how much for staying 1 nite there for 4 person? will there be any transport to fetch us from the railway station once we reach there? coz i am planning to take railway train from taipei to hua lian... can any1 advise thx... one more thing wat time does the bei tou hot springs open? can we go in the morning around 10am there to pao tang and wanna know if there is any good food @ bei tou there oso...
have u guys booked air tix and hotel alr? l haven't so not sure is it too late for me to do that. Whcih airline u all travelling with...hotels? can rougly share your plan?

thanks!
Old 27-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #892
Master Member

have u guys booked air tix and hotel alr? l haven't so not sure is it too late for me to do that. Whcih airline u all travelling with...hotels? can rougly share your plan?

thanks!
we decided on jetstarasia... but have not booked yet... coz a few weeks back was 360nett per pax... then now is 392 per pax ~!@#%^&**(( so my friends say might as well wait for may 1st and see whether got any promo... we will book the hotel after we booked the tickets lo... hotel is mei shiuan recommended by nakedtoes... that's abt it... i am still trying to find out the minsu in hua lian too... btw guys is beitou better or danshui better coz i am considering to visit one of these place.... can advice thx....
Old 27-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #893
Master Member

yaya....thanx.i wan the no too~! thanx.ur info is really veri helpful...! hehe, u got earn commission 1 anot? aniwai, mind if i ask agn, the person will drive u back to the train station? Cos i will be staying at one of the hotels there...

No earn commission, just that he was a nice chap, he actually took the trouble to introduce us the places drove us around, not pushy. You can use him or if not there are a lot of taxis outside the train station that offered this sort of service but you need to check on rates especially on weekday (not crowded). Heard that weekend business is good though.

You can ask him to stop at the train station or at the hotel. Just discuss it with him, if your hotel not very far don't think that is a problem.

Will post his number here tomorrow (if i can find the card).

Last edited by Kahlan; 27-04-2005 at 02:57 PM..
Old 27-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #894
Master Member

Check the earlier pages of this thread (I believe it is sometime end December 2004), Beyondgal recommended a Hualian minsu

Quote:" if u dun mind, u can source out for those minsu, in which u stay wif a family... i did that when i was in hualian the other time.. they provide very personalised services at a reasonable price (to me lah)... i like it a lot

http://home.kimo.com.tw/ix0701/index.htm

this was the one i went to the last time.. the family was rather nice n they catered to our designated itinery..."Unquote"

Last edited by Kahlan; 27-04-2005 at 03:05 PM..
Old 27-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #895
Great Supremacy Member

So many ppl going next mth hehe.... ANyway the next cheapest aternative for flight ticket is CHina airline if u dun mind.. it is quite good... My tour guide friend actually said they are cheap and quite good.. ticket $200++ close to $300 can get liaoz
Old 28-04-2005, 02:44 AM   #896
Great Supremacy Member

So many ppl going next mth hehe.... ANyway the next cheapest aternative for flight ticket is CHina airline if u dun mind.. it is quite good... My tour guide friend actually said they are cheap and quite good.. ticket $200++ close to $300 can get liaoz
i check zuji.com.sg and they list China airlines @ $476

where can i get the $200+ air tix that u r mentioning?
Old 28-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #897
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, if going to Taipei now, wat's the weather like?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/usjag_18/Man%20Utd/Ani_Sign1.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
Old 28-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #898
Master Member

No earn commission, just that he was a nice chap, he actually took the trouble to introduce us the places drove us around, not pushy. You can use him or if not there are a lot of taxis outside the train station that offered this sort of service but you need to check on rates especially on weekday (not crowded). Heard that weekend business is good though.

You can ask him to stop at the train station or at the hotel. Just discuss it with him, if your hotel not very far don't think that is a problem.

Will post his number here tomorrow (if i can find the card).

Ok as requested I post his telephone number : 0919-281878 His name is : 劉文華 (Liu, Wen Hua).

Please note that I do not earn any commission or recommendation fees. Hence if you like to check on tours and costs, hence you may call him or not really up to you.
Old 28-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #899
Master Member

i check zuji.com.sg and they list China airlines @ $476

where can i get the $200+ air tix that u r mentioning?
dreamer bro... u booked the china airline already? coz i just saw SIA fare @ 288 + 95 so its $383 nett to taipei.... lol better than jetstarasia now @ $392... hehe but must book online and with credit card... so maybe u might be interested... if u dun mind paying more compared to china airlines... hope tis helps...
Old 28-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #900
Master Member

taiwan weather is kinda nice now... not cold. n not tt hot!! 20 something now...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.