Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #9046

Planning a trip to tawian ard 3rd week of Jan:

Day1 Taipei (Taipei101, Raohe)
Day 2 CingJing Farm
Day 3 CingJing Farm -> Tapei (night, Wufenpu?)
Day 4 Tapei (Yehliu,Jiufen, Keelung)
Day 5 Taipei (Beitou, Danshui,shilin)
Day 6 Taipei (around city area)

Some qns:
CingJing -> Taipei : Take high-speed rail and transfer is faster? do I need to buy return tixs also?

Other than Shangrila Hotel @ cingjing, what other recommendation are there?
Shangrila is packed also.

Any other budget hotel to recommend, have checked
onestar, minyi, TS and dont have availability of room.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #9047
Master Member

Planning a trip to tawian ard 3rd week of Jan:

Day1 Taipei (Taipei101, Raohe)
Day 2 CingJing Farm
Day 3 CingJing Farm -> Tapei (night, Wufenpu?)
Day 4 Tapei (Yehliu,Jiufen, Keelung)
Day 5 Taipei (Beitou, Danshui,shilin)
Day 6 Taipei (around city area)

Some qns:
CingJing -> Taipei : Take high-speed rail and transfer is faster? do I need to buy return tixs also?

Other than Shangrila Hotel @ cingjing, what other recommendation are there?
Shangrila is packed also.

Any other budget hotel to recommend, have checked
onestar, minyi, TS and dont have availability of room.
Can't comment much about the Gao Tie since I travel by car around. Anyway, I would suggest you just skip Rao He because Shi Lin has almost if not more than what Rao He can offer. Your fifth day seems a little too packed. Danshui alone has quite a few famous spots like the local bakery shops and Wen Zhou dumplings as well as thier fishball soups. It would be better if you went to Danshui First, then to Beitou and then to Jian Tan station(just beside shilin nightmarket) becauase shi lin opens till the wee hours and you would surely spend more time there as there are many shops around and local delights for you to try out.

Probably you could arrange your first day to be Taipei 101 and then walk around Xi Men if you reach Taiwan early? Because Taipei 101 itself has a mall that carries mostly branded goods like Gucci, Prada, Lv, and stuff like that so its nothing special. Entry to the top floor if I remembered correctly was around NT250 i think. Other than 101, you can try visiting the malls around it like Mitsukoshi, 新光三越 which has 4 blocks around Taipei 101 and a Misukoshi hotel as well.

After that, take the train or taxi if you like to Xi Men district to walk around a little and dine there.

Oh, and you day 4 looks really really packed. Jiu Fen then Yeh Liu and then Ji Long is kinda rush. It'll be good if you took a slow casual walk down Jiu Fen as it has quite alot to offer as well. Another place I Suggest would be Ying Ge, its said that a huge rock on this cliff around that area resembles the shape of a Eagle and thus the name. Its a nice little place to walk around.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #9048

Can't comment much about the Gao Tie since I travel by car around. Anyway, I would suggest you just skip Rao He because Shi Lin has almost if not more than what Rao He can offer. Your fifth day seems a little too packed. Danshui alone has quite a few famous spots like the local bakery shops and Wen Zhou dumplings as well as thier fishball soups. It would be better if you went to Danshui First, then to Beitou and then to Jian Tan station(just beside shilin nightmarket) becauase shi lin opens till the wee hours and you would surely spend more time there as there are many shops around and local delights for you to try out.
Hi, I thot Danshui is good for night scenary and hence put it as last stop. Beitou is for hotspring. Yehliu, might leave it a miss if too rush.

For cingjing, is it convenient if I lug my baggage there? Since I am going frm TPE -> Cingjing 2nd day, not sure if can leave baggage @ TPE hotel since I'm coming back.

Actually I am more concerned on the Cingjing trip on the 2nd day:
Depart Taipei - 9plus
Reach Cingjing - 2plus and overnight stay
Depart Cingjing - 3plus
Reach Taipei - 8plus

Is there a need to buy return tixs for trip to cingjing, not sure if that place would be packed and end up, I got no train back to taipei ?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #9049

I like Raohe NM. The Food is different from Shihlin. I also buy most of my Jeans at Raohe.

From CHINGJING< You will still have to end up in Taichung ,so no worries about any train to Taipei, not to forget the 24 hrs buses travelling the route from outside the Train station. If you are returning to the same Hotel in Taipei, there will be no problem in leaving your luggage at that Hotel.
http://www.villa.club.tw
http://www.wuby.com.tw
http://www.florance.com.tw

I do Yeliou > Jioufen >Keelung on the same day, many times with guests at a relaxed pace. Once even had time to get to Wufenpu after Keelung by getting off at SONGSHAN Station instead of Taipei Main Station on our return.Just leave at 8.30am

*Handsome (Han She) Hotel - http://www.handsomehotel.com.tw/en-info01.htm
*Neijiang Hotel - http://www.neijiang-hotel.com
Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #9050

Hi Nuttyzazn,

Thanks. Is it worthwhile to stay @ chingjing 2days or 1 day, what are the doable things over there?
I notice some of the hotels are outside the zone of chingjing farm area, so wondering if that is walkable or required to take a shuttle bus or so?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #9051
Master Member

arghs, so hard to get budget tickets to taipei now................
Old 08-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #9052

Hi,
I am trying SIA, check the tickets from 18-24th are 700-750 range. Not sure if that's a good price or not.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #9053

Hi,
Can anyone help?

Is it possible to go CSK -> CingJing Farm? I should touch down @ CSK airport around 1330, not sure if the puli bus would continue servicing late.

If I stayed overnight @ taichung, any place for recommendation.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #9054

Sent you a PM -Aook78.

It is walkable because of the fine weather. It is generally for the scene and peace that people go to these type of Farms, These Minsus that offer packages generally offer transport as well.

Zaw-Jung Business Hotel in Taichung-just behind the Railway Station-Basic Hotel no breakfast. http://www.zaw-jung.com/04.html
Old 09-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #9055

I just came back from taipei.. And found out that the exchange rate that dbs gives for money withdrawal is better than the exchange rate i got here locally and what I saw over at the money exchangers there. The exchange rate I got for withdrawing from the atm over there was 22.19 with a $5 surcharge of course.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #9056

Sent you a PM -Aook78.

It is walkable because of the fine weather. It is generally for the scene and peace that people go to these type of Farms, These Minsus that offer packages generally offer transport as well.

Zaw-Jung Business Hotel in Taichung-just behind the Railway Station-Basic Hotel no breakfast. http://www.zaw-jung.com/04.html
Hi Nuttyazn,

Zaw-Jung hotel actually do have breakfast(included) when i went there and stayed for 3 days last year June. They actually buy breakfast from nearby breakfast shop and deliver to your room at your designated time every morning. I quite like that actually
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #9057

if u are going Cingjing farm, u need transportation, engage with the hotel personnel and ask them to arrange, which hotel in cingjing u staying?

From TaiChung to Cingjing farm is more than 100km..
Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #9058

Taiwan got erm zi erm zi place or not?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #9059

nuttyazn, thanks alot for all the info that you have provided me, just come back frm tpe on sunday. Have a wonderful trip there. Bought a lot of jeans n t-shirts over there... The jeans are super cheap at shilin night market. Went to wufenpu, raohe night market, jiufen, keelung, hualien. The night markets there are so happening and i oso went to celebrate my new year at the concert at taipei 101.

was qt lucky to be standing just in front of the stage but damn tiring as we stand from 6pm all e way till 1am. Going back to hotel was another challenge, have to queue for abt half an hr b4 we will be able to step into the station and everyone was running down e escalator to catch e train. It was qt a fun experience.

Overall, i found taiwanese damn friendly, we will able to get around just by asking ppl for help, and they will go all the way just to help you. I will definitely go back agn. I'm already missing the food there...
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #9060
Master Member

Hmm, I personally don't like travelling to three or four places a day. For example, sometimes when I go Dan Shui with my friends from Ba Li, We'll spend probably like one whole afternoon there and then make our way down to town and shop around and then dinner. Going to 3 places a day is kinda too rush for me.

Anyway, from my personal experience, I find that the Subway system in Taiwan is more organised in the sense that people actually give up the Bo Ai Zhuo's to old people unlike in Singapore where we see people feinting sleep or lying across the whole MRT seat. Its such a disgrace.

I think Taiwan and Singapore are the oppsite. Singapore has a stable and working government as well as political system but sub standard citizens when it comes to politeness and grace. Taipei has on the average more polite citizens and friendlier people especially the service industry but the government in Taiwan is pretty screwed up.

I'am saying this because I've stayed in both countries for an extensive amount of time. Anyway, on offence to Singaporeans out there but I'am saying what I feel.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.