HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #9061

if u are going Cingjing farm, u need transportation, engage with the hotel personnel and ask them to arrange, which hotel in cingjing u staying?

From TaiChung to Cingjing farm is more than 100km..
Most likely staying @ Vienna CingJing.
Btw, from TaiChung to Puli takes how long? I hope the journey is shorter than from Taipei -> Puli
Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #9062
Supremacy Member

Hmm, I personally don't like travelling to three or four places a day. For example, sometimes when I go Dan Shui with my friends from Ba Li, We'll spend probably like one whole afternoon there and then make our way down to town and shop around and then dinner. Going to 3 places a day is kinda too rush for me.

Anyway, from my personal experience, I find that the Subway system in Taiwan is more organised in the sense that people actually give up the Bo Ai Zhuo's to old people unlike in Singapore where we see people feinting sleep or lying across the whole MRT seat. Its such a disgrace.

I think Taiwan and Singapore are the oppsite. Singapore has a stable and working government as well as political system but sub standard citizens when it comes to politeness and grace. Taipei has on the average more polite citizens and friendlier people especially the service industry but the government in Taiwan is pretty screwed up.

I'am saying this because I've stayed in both countries for an extensive amount of time. Anyway, on offence to Singaporeans out there but I'am saying what I feel.
I agree with you. I have a much more pleasant time taking the subway there during my trip. When using the escalator, ppl automatic stand to 1 side of the escalator even in busy station like Ximending during the weekend.
Going to 3 places in one day is quite rush indeed, u wont have time to really walk through each place. But also understandable time is limited for a holiday trip, the last time i went even 8 days i feel wasn't enough lol.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #9063

Hmm, I personally don't like travelling to three or four places a day. For example, sometimes when I go Dan Shui with my friends from Ba Li, We'll spend probably like one whole afternoon there and then make our way down to town and shop around and then dinner. Going to 3 places a day is kinda too rush for me.

Anyway, from my personal experience, I find that the Subway system in Taiwan is more organised in the sense that people actually give up the Bo Ai Zhuo's to old people unlike in Singapore where we see people feinting sleep or lying across the whole MRT seat. Its such a disgrace.

I think Taiwan and Singapore are the oppsite. Singapore has a stable and working government as well as political system but sub standard citizens when it comes to politeness and grace. Taipei has on the average more polite citizens and friendlier people especially the service industry but the government in Taiwan is pretty screwed up.

I'am saying this because I've stayed in both countries for an extensive amount of time. Anyway, on offence to Singaporeans out there but I'am saying what I feel.
i totally agree to what you have said, taiwan ppl r damn polite and friendly, whereas in Singapore, it's hard to find such friendliness. Ppl are well-trained where they will not rush into the train. It's so much better there compared to sg, however the political issue is one thing tt we have to tk note too...
Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #9064

Btw, from TaiChung to Puli takes how long? I hope the journey is shorter than from Taipei -> Puli
u need to get frm taipei to taichung first before proceed to puli.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #9065

Taichung to Puli Should be 1hr thereabouts.
My Taipei to Puli was a little over 3hrs, but my return journey from Puli to Taipei was like 4+hrs! Think prob the traffic or something....

Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #9066

was qt lucky to be standing just in front of the stage but damn tiring as we stand from 6pm all e way till 1am. Going back to hotel was another challenge, have to queue for abt half an hr b4 we will be able to step into the station and everyone was running down e escalator to catch e train. It was qt a fun experience.

It was reported next day in the news some pple waited 3hrs before they can take the train?!

I walked all the way from SYS Memorial station to Taipei Main station!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #9067

It was reported next day in the news some pple waited 3hrs before they can take the train?!

wahz... walk all the way to taipei main station??? that's tiring manz, lucky we manage to squeeze into the station... i can't imagine if i stand for 8hrs liao still must walk so long to get back to hotel.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #9068

The Puli Winery a bit let down...nothing much and its too tourist...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #9069

Red face

hi, anyone can tell mi this any of this 3 hotel is located near or @ ximending?
Agora Garden Taipei
Holiday inn asiaworld Taipei
The Sherwood Taipei

thanks, helping a friend to check, as i nv went taipei before..
Old 10-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #9070

I will be going taipei this mth end for 4D 3N. Im planning my Day 3 to go Taichung to look around. Will be taking Gao Tie to there.

Does anyone know what is/are the must go places in Taichung?
Also are there any alt routes to go back to Taipei other than Gao tie? (would like to go Shilin from Taichung) and how long will it take?

Hope sumone can provide me some information.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #9071

Holiday inn asiaworld Taipei is the nearest
Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #9072

Holiday inn asiaworld Taipei is the nearest
oh okok.. thanks alot..
Old 10-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #9073

Its at Taipei 101 Xing Yi Road. There's another club called LAVA that you can consider. Anyway, for club eighteen, there's a 90% chance you'll meet local taiwan celebrities if you go there. And there's alot of hot girls inside...You know, clad in bikinis or near topless dancing stuff like that sometimes. WEdnesday nights are ladies night.
Room 18 is actually just few metres away from Lava. Its actually located outside the big building call Neo 18 if I'm not wrong. I've been to Lava. Quite nice place. They open at 9plus and I went there on wednesday night, pays 300NT for ladies/ 600NT for men with free flow of alcohol. Will be very crowded after 11.30pm.

Last edited by BubbleQoo; 12-01-2008 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #9074
Master Member

Room 18 is actually just few metres away from Lava. Its actually located outside the big building call Eslite 18 if I'm not wrong. I've been to Lava. Quite nice place. They open at 9plus and I went there on wednesday night, pays 300NT for ladies/ 600NT for men with free flow of alcohol. Will be very crowded after 11.30pm.

Yeah, Lava's outside, 18 is inside after u pass the NIKE shop down to the basement. But Lava's always so crowded cause I always go there around 12....
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #9075
Master Member

I walked with my cousin and friends from the stage at 101 all the way to Song Shan Guo Jun army hospital...haha. beat that...it was a solid 1 and a half hour walk. I think we half froze to death... But great experience!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.