Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #9256
Master Member

ok... got my NTD.

1 SGD -> 22 NTD
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #9257

where can i find shoes and bags ar?bags especially, din see many shops on my previous trips. shopping wise, for male clothes, othere den xmd n shilin, where else can i go? wu fen pu seems out, alot of female stuff on my last visit. xmd izzt got 1 wan yan da sha? any1 knows what it sells?

Male bags not much range even if have also not very nice. They have some authentic porter japan bags and replica ones though. Bag shops XMT got a few or you can check out some of those clothing shops they sell bags as well. I saw one brand called 'Playboy' , some of the designs not bad, also in the area near XMT/Shilin.

Shoes wise, if you are looking for shoes like Nike/Adidas/Asics etc. XMT and Shilin got mah, there are quite a few, I remember right to the end of Shilin got a pretty big shoe shop. Rao He Night market some of the shop houses sells shoes as well. Taichung at a whole stretch of shop houses near Yi Zhong Jie have a lot of shoes shop. I remember got one of the them sells very nice limited edition shoes not found in other shops. XMT also have a very small shop that sells limited edition shoes.

Last edited by thesleeper; 12-02-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 13-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #9258
Master Member

are there shops selling cute 公仔 around xmd area? =DD
Old 13-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #9259

Hey guys...

Just created my own itinierary for a 6D5N Taipei trip...pls feel free to comment...Thanks~!!!

21/02
– Reach Taipei around 1pm
– Transfer to Taipei Railway Station and proceed to Keelung Station (DRC/2160 - 15:05 /45mins)
– Check in to Hotel
– Proceed to Jiufen Old Street
– Proeed back to Keelung, MiaoKou night market

22/02
– Take railway train to PingXi Station.
– Take bus 106 towards Rueifang to Shihfen Waterfall
– Proceed to Taiwan Coal Mining Museum
– Proceed to Shihfen Old Street
– Transfer train to Hualien, C’est Jeune Hotel

23/02
- Taroko Gorge Day~! Swallow Caves, Tunnel of 9 Turns…
- Carp Lake, East Rift Valley
- White water rafting
- Transfer back to Taipei

24/02
- Wulai for Hot Spring
- WuFenPu/
- XiMenDing for Ah Zhong Mian Xian

25/02
- YangMingShan (Take Bus 508 from Shihlin Metro station)
- Danshuei Old Streets
- Fisherman Wharf
- Riverboat ride
- 1 night market

26/02
- Check out either of the following(s)
- LongShan Temple, CKS Memorial Hall, Miramar centre, WuFenPu.
- Return to Hotel, proceed to airport
- Home sweet home

Too ambitious in anyway?? Bringing my parents with me actually...thus more scenic tours...

Since you are going to Wufenpu on the 24/02, can consider going to Raohe Night Market also as its very near.
Old 13-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #9260
High Supremacy Member

ok... got my NTD.

1 SGD -> 22 NTD
where u changed?
Old 13-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #9261

funnycow: as for the gong zai, you can find them along the main stretch of shops in XMD, definately see before. or the idol shops.
Old 13-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #9262
Master Member

Shoes wise, if you are looking for shoes like Nike/Adidas/Asics etc. XMT and Shilin got mah, there are quite a few, I remember right to the end of Shilin got a pretty big shoe shop. Rao He Night market some of the shop houses sells shoes as well. Taichung at a whole stretch of shop houses near Yi Zhong Jie have a lot of shoes shop. I remember got one of the them sells very nice limited edition shoes not found in other shops. XMT also have a very small shop that sells limited edition shoes.
Many shops selling Nike. Wanted to buy Asics sports shoes but really so few and mostly casual model.
Old 13-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #9263

Many shops selling Nike. Wanted to buy Asics sports shoes but really so few and mostly casual model.
Looking for Tiger eh?
Old 13-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #9264

used to have an onitsuka tiger boutique in XMD, but when i was there last week, the shop was replaced with the "graphic" boutique [similar to that at bugis junction]
Old 13-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #9265
Arch-Supremacy Member

How long is the train ride from Taipei to Taichung? Is it worth to go Taichung?
Old 13-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #9266

used to have an onitsuka tiger boutique in XMD, but when i was there last week, the shop was replaced with the "graphic" boutique [similar to that at bugis junction]
i saw the onitsuka shop leh.. still at XMD. was there a week ago too. i even bought a pair of shoes there.

How long is the train ride from Taipei to Taichung? Is it worth to go Taichung?
1hr.. i only went to fengjia night market. shopping is so so.. u can find more stuffs in taipei of course. food is not bad.. but i would think twice about going back again
Old 13-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #9267
Master Member

i saw the onitsuka shop leh.. still at XMD. was there a week ago too. i even bought a pair of shoes there.
is there any difference in price for those in taiwan compared to singapore? cheaper or around same price
Old 13-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #9268
Master Member

funnycow: as for the gong zai, you can find them along the main stretch of shops in XMD, definately see before. or the idol shops.
ohhh kay! thanks, i will keep a lookout~~
Old 13-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #9269

Hiya anyone what time does the normal rail station ticketing close? is there auto ticketing machine?
i wanna buy train tix from chaiyi to tainan on 21st but i cant book online as i need to collect the tix within 3 days which is impossible for mi...
Old 13-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #9270
Great Supremacy Member

Hiya anyone what time does the normal rail station ticketing close? is there auto ticketing machine?
i wanna buy train tix from chaiyi to tainan on 21st but i cant book online as i need to collect the tix within 3 days which is impossible for mi...
reach taipei, go to buy train tix straight away?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.