HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #9391
Banned

BIG thanks to all bro here for intro 石头的家 (Stone House) http://www.sutohome.com/ at 花莲 (Hualian)

- 刘阿姨 (Ms Liu) is a very hospitality, nice n sporty lady..caring of my old folks parents
- pick us at railway station..ensure we book our return railway ticket (get 太鲁阁号 appr 2hr bk to Taipei)
- small tour arnd Hualian city wf gd intro of hualian gd food, nice shop n history n special of t city
- care of our hunger n advice we hav gd snack food 液香扁食 b4 dinner
- auto free upgrade of room fr 4p NT2000 to 6p (mayb we r only guest tat nite)
- free nite transport to hualian city, free impressive local dance performance (thou is a propaganda to attract tourist to visit 石艺大街 ) n drive long way to 自强夜市 (Zhiqiang nite market) to get t best 蒋氏棺材板 (real french toast coated wf egg..unlike in taipei without egg) n 第一家烤肉 (bbq stick)
- gd intro of big taxi NT2000 to tour 太鲁阁公园 (Taroko park) n 七星潭海边 (seaside) fr 9am-5pm..driver is frenly n gd intro of each special spots
- gd intro of fresh n yummy sashimi (Tuna, Salmon n swordfish) at 花莲观光鱼市 (Tourist Fish market)..we hav 3 plates in a roll (1 big plate cost NT100-150 per ur order n mix of sashimi)

reli enjoyable trip n looking forward to revisit Stone House n Hualian..enjoy
what do ppl normally do in min su??do they have thigns to do there? or take transport go out gai gai?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #9392
Honorary Member

The room rate so cheap!
i stay there during moi trip~ heard dat it's a piak piak hotel~

[URL="http://www.flickriver.com/photos/dxsibo/popular-interesting/"][IMG]http://www.flickriver.com/badge/user/all/interesting/shuffle/medium-tiny/030000/fbfbfb/25068003@N03.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]"Photography is not about cameras, gadgets and gizmos. Photography is about photographers." - Peter Adams[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #9393

Hi,

May I know how to get to the tai yang bing shop?
太阳饼 (Taiyang biscuit) get fr 太阳堂老店/台中市中区自由路二段23号 (blue signboard wf sunflower logo)..tis shop is known as t original shop..many Taiyang biscuit shop along ts road cn sample til satisfy

jst search "臺中市中區自由路二段23號" at http://www.urmap.com/ ..its near to taichung railway station abt 2 blocks of walking..notice many taiyang biscuit shop all over taichung streets n all look similar n all named similar..to make sure i get fr original shop, i went to ts address

enjoy
Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #9394

what do ppl normally do in min su??do they have thigns to do there? or take transport go out gai gai?
min su is a hotel+home n Ms Liu is a very frenly lady..Stone house has bbq pit, veg farm, fish pond, flowers, outdoor seat, stone/stone sculpture, kitchen, bicycle..we were offered free red wine,fruits like in fren's house..make small chat wf her n her frens (shes a popular person in hualian city)..met a pro photographer who jst came dwn fr snowy central mountain (中央山脉)..he gave us a gd brief on hualian geographical charateristic..so jst ask Ms Liu wat u cn do..she wil giv u all tips n tricks

btw stone house is outside hualian city..we were lucky she offered us free transport at nite visiting hualian city as we r only guest tat day..reli dun noe any free tpt if many guest arnd..yet im sure she wil arrange nice taxi driver for gai gai if no free tpt..else ride bicycle if venture enuff

enjoy
Old 02-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #9395

ill be stayin at the royal castle hotel..., any idea if freego bus stops in front of the hotel??? better to take cab from airport as there will be 4 person travellin together
Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #9396

is jiu fen a must go place?????
seriously up to you.
jiufen has teahouses, yu yuans to eat, muachees and those souvenirs shop. whereby one can get small gifts for friends. has a superb view on a few parts of it. really fresh air!
but go earlier in the day the better it is. don't reach like 5pm or 6pm plus. (the 2nd time i went with my sister and friend.) all the shops were closed by then.

Last edited by yuemin; 02-03-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #9397

between sanwant and tango, which is nearer to the shopping area in terms of walking distance?
im so torn between the two hotels. T.T

need some help in deciding.

and the locations..
San Want Hotel
172, Sec. 4, Jhongsiao E. Rd.

The Tango
297 ZhongXiao E. Rd., Sec. 5

are they like quite near each other? :x

thanks thanksssssssss
which shopping area would you like to visit.
you can use this http://maps.google.com.tw/ to gauge the distance. uh, type in chinese.

they are not very near each other. but actually if you want to walk, can walk. :x (never try before)
san want's (神旺大飯店) at 忠孝敦化 station.
the tango is at 永春 station.

think mrt map can help abit:
http://www.trtc.com.tw/img/all/9702routemap.jpg

actually any hotel near the mrt stations will be very convenient when moving from place to place.
and their mrt station really quite convenient! cos the distance between 2 stations is not seriously far.

like how taiwanese can walk from 西門 to 台北車站. instead of us, taking the train.

Last edited by yuemin; 02-03-2008 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #9398

ill be stayin at the royal castle hotel..., any idea if freego bus stops in front of the hotel??? better to take cab from airport as there will be 4 person travellin together
Freego dun stop infront of the hotel but it will stop somewhere near it n u got to walk like 5-8 mins to reach the hotel. If u r taking freego from the airport then Royal Castle Hotel (Chengdu) will be the last few stops. In taipei, they called it using the chinese name (Chengdu) instd of Royal Castle.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #9399

is jiu fen a must go place?????
Not really a MUST-GO place...but it is a place worth a visit bah..cos if u keep on shopping in the city area/nite mkts in taipei oso no point...JiuFen is more like a cultural street kinda of place. An old street selling artworks, snacks, food, gifts etc...Not those kinda of stalls selling fashionable stuff de.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #9400

courtesy from sumsum80

is my iternary ok for 7d6n taipei trip ... any help is much appreciated ?

Day 1 – SUN 23rd march

Check in TS Hotel- Transit to hotel via Freego Bus 飛狗巴士 - Fare NT$135 (S$6.46). (Get contact - to check on return to airport on last day) Reach there ard 7:00pm
-Will touch down at mrt station 1st to get the *easy-link* card
-Walk around Xi Men Ding Area (any place to reccomend for dinner and place of interest in xi men)
- Might sing karaoke too

Day 2 – Mon 24th Mar

• Longshan Temple - daily 6am-10pm - MRT Ban-Nan Line (blue line) - Longshan Temple Station - walk north, across Mangka park.
-Guang hua Electronice centre
• Tian Mu - 02:00 PM – 09:00 PM - 1) Take MRT to Shipai 石牌站, exit turn right across the street take Bus R19
• Underground mall 台北地下街 at Taipei Main station 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
• Taipei 101- Get off at Taipei City Hall stn (市政府捷運站), take free shuttle bus 11am-10pm, every 20min
-I heard there are a few clubs in the city hall area . May I know what club normally people go
-Warner Village (theater) / NewYorkNewYork shopping mall - nearby Taipei 101 mall

Day 3 – Tues 25tH Mar

• Sun Yat Sen Memorial 國父紀念館 – MRT ,Get off Sun Yat Sen Memorial station
• Martyrs Shrine daily 9-5pm, free - Danshui line, get off at Jiantan stn, 1km east of Jiantan station not far from Keelung river
• Miramar Entertainment Park 11:00am-00:00am - new shopping mall in Dazhi, just north of Keelung river
Take MRT to Jiantan 劍潭站, exit right and transfer free shuttle bus. If the line is too long, take public bus 167
• Miramar Ferri Wheel 台北美麗華摩天輪 (Tickets : NT$200 on weekends;NT$150 during the week.)
-Go kart in shih lin market
• Shilin Night Market - Take MRT to Jiantan station, the night market is just opposite the station. 07:00 PM - 01:30 AM

Day 4 26th march

• Yeliu - Taipei main station underground mall exit 9 - go to Taipei Inter City Bus Terminal 国道客运台北总站.
Take 国光Kuo Kuang bus or大有 Da You Bus to Yeliou (NT85) and Jinshan (NT100) daily 5.40am-10.40pm every 10-20min
bus stand is already slightly over the entrance to 野柳Geological Park. You have to walk backward and soon turn left to the town. Walk straight all the way for 10 minutes and you are there.
• Jiufen – At Yeliu, just opposite to where you alight, the bus goes to ‘Keelung’. Alight at the Keelung station and transfer to a bus that brings you to Jiufen(it may say Jinguashih as the terminal stop, just ask the driver, you need to find out how much to pay too).
• Keelung Miao Kou Temple Plaza Night Market -

Day 5 27th march

• Beitou hot Spring Museum- 9-5pm free
• Asia Pacific Resort – Free shuttle Bus Xin Beitou Mrt Station
• Danshui Street – Alight at Dan Shui Mrt
Lover’s Bridge - (Best to view Sunset)
Fisherman Wharf - Take MRT to 淡水站 Danshui Stn and transfer bus Red 26 or ferry

Day 6 – FRI 28TH Mar
• CKS - daily 9am-5pm free- Take the MRT Danshui Line and get off at the CKS Memorial Hall Station and take Exit 5.
• Wulai - Danshui line (red) change to Xindian line (green). From Xindian Station, take right hand exit to busstop outside. Take Xindian bus to Wulai - every 20 min
• Nanshih Bridge - walk to the falls for 20min OR take the miniature railway
Wulai Falls
Cable car - across river to Yunsian Dreamland on top of waterfall
• WuFenPu - get off at Houshanpi Stn 後山埤站, Exit 4, walk.
4:30PM-10PM during weekdays, until 1-2 AM for Fri & Sat (Monday is a wholesale day)
• Raohe St. night market 饒河夜市 - Wufenpu is on one side and the other side is Raohe night market. Across the road at the松山火車站and use the overhead bridge to get to 饒河夜市

Day 7 – SAT 29th Mar

Xi Men Ding or Last Mins Shopping….

Home Sweet Home!
I will recommend u to put Wufenpu and Raohe in the 1st few days cos basically there have more things to buy compared to the other nite mkts n shopping malls. If not, then make sure u set aside more money for your Day 6 cos there really lot of things to buy in WufenPu (alot of my frenz spent almost half of their money on shopping on that wholesale mkt).

Also, usually most of the shops in XMD close @ 10-11pm. Hence, on your 1st nite when u go nite shop @ XMD then be prepared to see most shops start to close unless its a friday or sat. But usually on weekend, they also close @ the same timing.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #9401
High Supremacy Member

seriously up to you.
jiufen has teahouses, yu yuans to eat, muachees and those souvenirs shop. whereby one can get small gifts for friends. has a superb view on a few parts of it. really fresh air!
but go earlier in the day the better it is. don't reach like 5pm or 6pm plus. (the 2nd time i went with my sister and friend.) all the shops were closed by then.
Not really a MUST-GO place...but it is a place worth a visit bah..cos if u keep on shopping in the city area/nite mkts in taipei oso no point...JiuFen is more like a cultural street kinda of place. An old street selling artworks, snacks, food, gifts etc...Not those kinda of stalls selling fashionable stuff de.
noted that....thank you so much~~
Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #9402

just some queries as I'm going taipei 1st time with my other friend this coming end march..

we planning to go to the Janfusan theme park somewhere in the middle of our stay at taipei.. I tried to check the theme park website but my chinese not that gd.. so abit confusing..

we wanna take the high speed rail to the theme park but the high speed rail gonna drop off at where? then after that we only can take cab to the theme park??

also during the evening.. we wanna visit the nite market at taichung and planning to stay overnite at this hotel.. http://www.zaw-jung.com/01.html

is it worth it? as we gonna check out at taipei leaving our big bags at the hotel during the morning and apply one night hotel stay at taichung then go back to the same hotel at taipei.. is it very troublesome??? please advise guys.. thanks alot..
eh.. may i noe the janfusan theme park website ??
Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #9403
High Supremacy Member

http://www.janfusun.com.tw/Janfusun/index.php
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #9404

anyone know where is a MUST shop label in taipei ???

and anyone know the Youth Travel Card can be use at what kind of shops ?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #9405

courtesy from sumsum80

is my iternary ok for 7d6n taipei trip ... any help is much appreciated ?

Day 1 – SUN 23rd march

Check in TS Hotel- Transit to hotel via Freego Bus 飛狗巴士 - Fare NT$135 (S$6.46). (Get contact - to check on return to airport on last day) Reach there ard 7:00pm
-Will touch down at mrt station 1st to get the *easy-link* card
-Walk around Xi Men Ding Area (any place to reccomend for dinner and place of interest in xi men)
- Might sing karaoke too

Day 2 – Mon 24th Mar

• Longshan Temple - daily 6am-10pm - MRT Ban-Nan Line (blue line) - Longshan Temple Station - walk north, across Mangka park.
-Guang hua Electronice centre
• Tian Mu - 02:00 PM – 09:00 PM - 1) Take MRT to Shipai 石牌站, exit turn right across the street take Bus R19
• Underground mall 台北地下街 at Taipei Main station 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
• Taipei 101- Get off at Taipei City Hall stn (市政府捷運站), take free shuttle bus 11am-10pm, every 20min
-I heard there are a few clubs in the city hall area . May I know what club normally people go
-Warner Village (theater) / NewYorkNewYork shopping mall - nearby Taipei 101 mall

Day 3 – Tues 25tH Mar

• Sun Yat Sen Memorial 國父紀念館 – MRT ,Get off Sun Yat Sen Memorial station
• Martyrs Shrine daily 9-5pm, free - Danshui line, get off at Jiantan stn, 1km east of Jiantan station not far from Keelung river
• Miramar Entertainment Park 11:00am-00:00am - new shopping mall in Dazhi, just north of Keelung river
Take MRT to Jiantan 劍潭站, exit right and transfer free shuttle bus. If the line is too long, take public bus 167
• Miramar Ferri Wheel 台北美麗華摩天輪 (Tickets : NT$200 on weekends;NT$150 during the week.)
-Go kart in shih lin market
• Shilin Night Market - Take MRT to Jiantan station, the night market is just opposite the station. 07:00 PM - 01:30 AM

Day 4 26th march

• Yeliu - Taipei main station underground mall exit 9 - go to Taipei Inter City Bus Terminal 国道客运台北总站.
Take 国光Kuo Kuang bus or大有 Da You Bus to Yeliou (NT85) and Jinshan (NT100) daily 5.40am-10.40pm every 10-20min
bus stand is already slightly over the entrance to 野柳Geological Park. You have to walk backward and soon turn left to the town. Walk straight all the way for 10 minutes and you are there.
• Jiufen – At Yeliu, just opposite to where you alight, the bus goes to ‘Keelung’. Alight at the Keelung station and transfer to a bus that brings you to Jiufen(it may say Jinguashih as the terminal stop, just ask the driver, you need to find out how much to pay too).
• Keelung Miao Kou Temple Plaza Night Market -

Day 5 27th march

• Beitou hot Spring Museum- 9-5pm free
• Asia Pacific Resort – Free shuttle Bus Xin Beitou Mrt Station
• Danshui Street – Alight at Dan Shui Mrt
Lover’s Bridge - (Best to view Sunset)
Fisherman Wharf - Take MRT to 淡水站 Danshui Stn and transfer bus Red 26 or ferry

Day 6 – FRI 28TH Mar
• CKS - daily 9am-5pm free- Take the MRT Danshui Line and get off at the CKS Memorial Hall Station and take Exit 5.
• Wulai - Danshui line (red) change to Xindian line (green). From Xindian Station, take right hand exit to busstop outside. Take Xindian bus to Wulai - every 20 min
• Nanshih Bridge - walk to the falls for 20min OR take the miniature railway
Wulai Falls
Cable car - across river to Yunsian Dreamland on top of waterfall
• WuFenPu - get off at Houshanpi Stn 後山埤站, Exit 4, walk.
4:30PM-10PM during weekdays, until 1-2 AM for Fri & Sat (Monday is a wholesale day)
• Raohe St. night market 饒河夜市 - Wufenpu is on one side and the other side is Raohe night market. Across the road at the松山火車站and use the overhead bridge to get to 饒河夜市

Day 7 – SAT 29th Mar

Xi Men Ding or Last Mins Shopping….

Home Sweet Home!

I went to the Warner Village(Hua Na Wei Xiu) for a movie, the cinema not very fantastic, the sound system was quite lacking and surround sound wasn't as good as the ones in Singapore.Passed by one of the club beside the cinema building , looks quite happening from outside, lotsa babes going in and out.

For Day 5, you might want to go to Fisherman Wharf earlier if you want to catch the sunset. There is also a night market opposite the Danshui station where you can go to.

For Day 6, the schedule is a bit rush. When you reach Wufenpu it might already be 7+. If you are a shopaholic, it will be difficult to cover the whole area + Raohe and take the last train back.

The dates you are going is near their presidential elections time, maybe you can feel their elections atmosphere.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.