HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #9406

thx for the link !!!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #9407

For Day 5, you might want to go to Fisherman Wharf earlier if you want to catch the sunset. There is also a night market opposite the Danshui station where you can go to.
I feel 淡水老街 is a MUST go! and its a very nice walk!
Alot of things to see and buy! and they have a number of 抓抓 stalls for one to 抓!
and they have those balloon water bombs for you to shoot then can win prize.
They have basketball machines too!
Got food here & there.
They close quite early though. But open pretty early too! 2pm or 3pm open already. Then 9pm or 10pm close.
Then maybe if one's pretty enthu can go 士林 again or something! Cos 士林 really got ALOT to walk!
Can walk till 12am! Then cab back to hotel. =x
Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #9408

Smile

I will be visiting Taipei with my wife, parent IL and my 10 months old son on April 08. Thinking of taking package..due to the hustle...anyone tries F&E with old folk and infant before? (This is my second time to Taiwan, first time is F&E with my wife 3 yrs ago at TaiPei.) Notice that I have to pay about 80% of the full fare for infant for EVA, CI...etc but only $40 for Jestar. This may have save a bit if F&E.

Did anyone stay at those 2 family rooms with 2 queens size bed. Understand Chengdu and Rainbow have this type of rooms, any recommendation on other hotels with big room which can accomodate 4 adults?

Thank you.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #9409

I feel 淡水老街 is a MUST go! and its a very nice walk!
Alot of things to see and buy! and they have a number of 抓抓 stalls for one to 抓!
and they have those balloon water bombs for you to shoot then can win prize.
They have basketball machines too!
Got food here & there.
They close quite early though. But open pretty early too! 2pm or 3pm open already. Then 9pm or 10pm close.
Then maybe if one's pretty enthu can go 士林 again or something! Cos 士林 really got ALOT to walk!
Can walk till 12am! Then cab back to hotel. =x

yea it pretty fun there. Go danshui street for a walk then go to fisherman wharf. You should be back from fisherwharf by about 6.30pm then go for a more thorough walk through of Danshui street and market. After that go shilin for eat/shopping. They open till around 12am+
Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #9410

I will be visiting Taipei with my wife, parent IL and my 10 months old son on April 08. Thinking of taking package..due to the hustle...anyone tries F&E with old folk and infant before? (This is my second time to Taiwan, first time is F&E with my wife 3 yrs ago at TaiPei.) Notice that I have to pay about 80% of the full fare for infant for EVA, CI...etc but only $40 for Jestar. This may have save a bit if F&E.

Did anyone stay at those 2 family rooms with 2 queens size bed. Understand Chengdu and Rainbow have this type of rooms, any recommendation on other hotels with big room which can accomodate 4 adults?

Thank you.
If you wanna stay near XMT then is Chengdu, Rainbow. Wonstar, TS or Onestar. If with old folks/infant, best to be near the train station or near the main road where you can take cab easily.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 AM   #9411

May i know wad time does wu fen pu close everyday?
and wu fen pu and raohe close same time?

it also says monday is the wholesale day meaning
is the cheapest day?

Last edited by jackets_b; 03-03-2008 at 02:32 AM..
Old 03-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #9412

thanks for all the replies ... u guys have been a great help
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #9413

May I know rainbow website?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #9414

May I know rainbow website?
http://www.ncznhotel.com.tw/rainbow/intro/all.htm
Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #9415
Arch-Supremacy Member

just some queries as I'm going taipei 1st time with my other friend this coming end march..

we planning to go to the Janfusan theme park somewhere in the middle of our stay at taipei.. I tried to check the theme park website but my chinese not that gd.. so abit confusing..

we wanna take the high speed rail to the theme park but the high speed rail gonna drop off at where? then after that we only can take cab to the theme park??

also during the evening.. we wanna visit the nite market at taichung and planning to stay overnite at this hotel.. http://www.zaw-jung.com/01.html

is it worth it? as we gonna check out at taipei leaving our big bags at the hotel during the morning and apply one night hotel stay at taichung then go back to the same hotel at taipei.. is it very troublesome??? please advise guys.. thanks alot..
Why go to Janfusan, why not Leofoo village?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #9416

Hi,

I am going to taipei in july and is booking my hotel now. So just want to ask is there a differnce between onestar hotel and wonstar hotel ? Other than these 2 hotels, i am also considering seasons hotel. Which hotel would be a better choice ? and is janfunsan theme park worth visiting considering its so far from taipei ? If i would to go to janfusan themepark, is staying at janfusan prince hotel a good option ? Thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #9417

Why go to Janfusan, why not Leofoo village?
how to go to Leoffo village? cause I'm staying at taipei area hotel.. my friend dont wanna switch hotel thru out the trip zzz... so if we wanna go anywhere visit.. must be able to do it within that day..
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #9418

which shopping area would you like to visit.
you can use this http://maps.google.com.tw/ to gauge the distance. uh, type in chinese.

they are not very near each other. but actually if you want to walk, can walk. :x (never try before)
san want's (神旺大飯店) at 忠孝敦化 station.
the tango is at 永春 station.

think mrt map can help abit:
http://www.trtc.com.tw/img/all/9702routemap.jpg

actually any hotel near the mrt stations will be very convenient when moving from place to place.
and their mrt station really quite convenient! cos the distance between 2 stations is not seriously far.

like how taiwanese can walk from 西門 to 台北車站. instead of us, taking the train.
THANKS.
ok im now waiting for sanwant's reply, then i'll compare the rates
i heard sanwant's breakfast is really good :x
but the tango has this nano spa thingy..

oh my. LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #9419

I can't seems to book april.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #9420
High Supremacy Member

booked my air tixs to taipei in june and will be staying in TS Hotel.....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.