HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #9436
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got a box from Jiunn Meei recently-Really nice:Address on the website, you can print out.
http://www.food168.com.tw
類 別:太陽餅
包裝內容:太陽餅 20 入
單 位:盒 代 號:C2
盒子尺寸:24.5 x 19.5 x 9 (cm)
重  量:1.1kg
價 格:NT$300
Hi nuttyazn,
Is taichung really worth going for a day? Actually i still dilemma on this as i am only attracted by the Feng chia NM. Wonder is it worth to spend that traveling time and HSR tix to go there just for that.

Btw, is the Taichung Taiyang Bing nicer. I will be going jiufen too and heard there's some nice 1 over there. Wonder where should i buy.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #9437

Hi nuttyazn,
Is taichung really worth going for a day? Actually i still dilemma on this as i am only attracted by the Feng chia NM. Wonder is it worth to spend that traveling time and HSR tix to go there just for that.

Btw, is the Taichung Taiyang Bing nicer. I will be going jiufen too and heard there's some nice 1 over there. Wonder where should i buy.
I believe that Jiunn Meei can deliver TaYangBing to your Hotel for a small fee, call them when you are here. While the difference is small, It is much better. this particular item was Invented in Taichung.

This is the TRUE Original shop
Taiyangtang 太陽堂 @ No. 23 Tz-yo Rd. Sec. 2, Taichung 台中市西區自由路二段23號 Tel: 04-22222662

Jioufen Shop with Taipei Branch: http://www.lecake.com.tw/
http://www.lecake.com.tw/map2.jpg

For Pineapple Tarts:
VIGOR BAKERY HOUSE 維格食品有限公司 http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/

Best in Keelung - Li(2) Gu(3) Bing Dian 李鵠餅店. Address: 基隆市仁三路90號. Only 1 shop no branch. Tel: (02)2422 3007. 24278007
Are you planning to visit SML or any other lace in the Central area.? For how long is your F&E Trip?? Otherwise there is no reason to go to Taichung if you are already on a tight schedule.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #9438
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are you planning to visit SML or any other lace in the Central area.? For how long is your F&E Trip?? Otherwise there is no reason to go to Taichung if you are already on a tight schedule.[/COLOR]
I be there for 6days. So i seem to have 1 day which i can venture out. However, not going to taroko or SML as i am wz my 3 y.o. daughter and parents too. We will not be able to wake up early to catch train and transfer bus etc. So if Taichung, is basically for a day or a nite to take a look at the city plus nite markets but when come to think of it, it may jus be something similar to Taipei but at different parts only. However, it is easily accesible by HSR which is fast and doesn't need too much hassle to reach the place. Actually, i wouldn't mind going some fruit farm for fruit picking over Taichung but i be there last wk of April and think Strawberry may had been fully pluck. This will at least will not make my trip solely shopping & eating only.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #9439
Arch-Supremacy Member

Btw, i am confuse over the Ding Tai Fung location. Which is the main branch? Which is the one near 101? Actually, any difference in food quality in the Main branch or the branch?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #9440

Btw, i am confuse over the Ding Tai Fung location. Which is the main branch? Which is the one near 101? Actually, any difference in food quality in the Main branch or the branch?

The first one was at Xing Yi near Yong Kang Street. You should visit there and Yong Kang Street, many things to eat. I only went to the Xing Yi before, the service was great and the price I feel was cheaper than in Singapore. The dumplings and the fried rice was good.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #9441
Master Member

Jioufen Shop with Taipei Branch: http://www.lecake.com.tw/

For Pineapple Tarts:
VIGOR BAKERY HOUSE 維格食品有限公司 http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/

Best in Keelung - Li(2) Gu(3) Bing Dian 李鵠餅店. Address: 基隆市仁三路90號. Only 1 shop no branch. Tel: (02)2422 3007. 24278007
Are you planning to visit SML or any other lace in the Central area.? For how long is your F&E Trip?? Otherwise there is no reason to go to Taichung if you are already on a tight schedule.
We have tried both LeCake and Vigor's pineapple tarts. We prefer LeCake as it is not too sweet, more fragrance and taste nicer as like freshly baked. Vigor also nice but more like packed snack and taste sweeter.

It is good that LeCake now has a branch in Taipei so no need to go all the way to Jiufen. Vigor is more known maybe they get tour buses to stop by their shop.

Last edited by damienloh; 05-03-2008 at 09:25 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #9442
Supremacy Member

I be there for 6days. So i seem to have 1 day which i can venture out. However, not going to taroko or SML as i am wz my 3 y.o. daughter and parents too. We will not be able to wake up early to catch train and transfer bus etc. So if Taichung, is basically for a day or a nite to take a look at the city plus nite markets but when come to think of it, it may jus be something similar to Taipei but at different parts only. However, it is easily accesible by HSR which is fast and doesn't need too much hassle to reach the place. Actually, i wouldn't mind going some fruit farm for fruit picking over Taichung but i be there last wk of April and think Strawberry may had been fully pluck. This will at least will not make my trip solely shopping & eating only.

fengjia that area quite big...if really want to shop, i don't think can finish all in a night..the food there and at yizhongjie are really good! i remember staying at gallerie hotel which is 5 minutes walk to fengjia and the room/breakfast is pretty good as compared to those you get in taipei 3 stars hotel. bed also very cosy man..
Old 06-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #9443
Supremacy Member

nuttyazn,

any die die must eat food in taipei?? wats good to buy as gifts for friends??

so far i only know ah zong mee sua is a must eat...
i think ah zong mee sua is over-rated... i find it normal only.

but i think singaporeans should try their mala steamboat over there ..is quite good as compared to the ones we eat in sg.

i don't like sg style ... like soup like that...

over there, their mala is thick thick kind .. very shiok. taste also power!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #9444
Arch-Supremacy Member

fengjia that area quite big...if really want to shop, i don't think can finish all in a night..the food there and at yizhongjie are really good! i remember staying at gallerie hotel which is 5 minutes walk to fengjia and the room/breakfast is pretty good as compared to those you get in taipei 3 stars hotel. bed also very cosy man..
hihi,
yizhongjie also a nite market rite? wow, so 1 nite how to rush 2 markets? think my tummy can't fill up so much food. Ya, i saw Gallerie hotel but not sure whether to stay near fengjia better or stay near Railway better. railway is easier for me to catch train back to taipei.

Last edited by edixian; 06-03-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 06-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #9445
Arch-Supremacy Member

Me also going 6 days...
Only got e air tickets..

havent book hotel.

Now searching high n low wat to do over at taipei.
Any suggestion?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #9446

Smile

Me going there for 2weeks
Hurray....Just love the smell of spring!! hehehe

Would highly suggest you go to Yang Ming Shan if not Beitou for the hotspring(They're "quite"close to each other~ you can walk to enjoy the view and the lovely flowers bloom in spring), check out some of the previous replies from ppl here.
Don't forget to bring your camera~ see ya!
台湾我来噜!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #9447
Arch-Supremacy Member

yea.. reading..
6 days... from thursday nite reach to tuesday 6pm fly off..

Cannot waste any of the days..
Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #9448
Arch-Supremacy Member

anybody know what time free go bus will pick us from XMD hotels to airport if I take Jetstar flight which is 6.25pm?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #9449

yea.. reading..
6 days... from thursday nite reach to tuesday 6pm fly off..

Cannot waste any of the days..
hey bro.. i'm going on the 19mar which is wed to 23 Mar monday.. also 6 days.. I just managed to book KDM hotel today cause alot of hotels are full this period.. try looking thru various online hotel agencies to get a cheaper deals..

btw anyone knows once arrived at Chiang Kai Shek Terminal by Jetstar about 5.40pm, how to get to the KDM hotel which is beside ZhongXiao XinShen MRT station.. sorry I 1st time going taipei abit blur...
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #9450
Arch-Supremacy Member

shiet man.. me not yet book hotel..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.