HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #9646

Hi,

can anyone recommend a budget stay in jiufen and keelung? my friends and i are traveling on a budget so looking for a hostel / minsu stay just for a night. thanks! and much appreciated
I intend to travel to hualien, taichung and chiayi(alishan), so wondering whats the best route. anyone took a cab to from hualien to alishan or sunmoonlake before, i just want to know how safe is the journey via the central highway or should i just do a detour back to taipei and then back up to chiayi?

please help!
Old 27-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #9647
Master Member

cabbing to alishan from hualien? very ex fren. if u wanna do tht might as well rent ur own car, cost <50% of the cab fares only. but i intend to do this route next time by driving :p

for me, in interest of cost & time and energy. i spend 1st nite in XMD, next morning travel to hualien for 2 days. then went back taipei for 1 more nite to enjoy shilin. then go taichung. then go chiayi-alishan. end of it, i travel back taipei again.
Old 28-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #9648
Banned

cabbing to alishan from hualien? very ex fren. if u wanna do tht might as well rent ur own car, cost <50% of the cab fares only. but i intend to do this route next time by driving :p

for me, in interest of cost & time and energy. i spend 1st nite in XMD, next morning travel to hualien for 2 days. then went back taipei for 1 more nite to enjoy shilin. then go taichung. then go chiayi-alishan. end of it, i travel back taipei again.
how much aprrox is your internal travelling cost?
Old 28-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #9649

anyoen going to Taipei on the 21 April by jetstar???????????
Old 28-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #9650

u intend to drive? cos i heard that the mountaineous terrain is rather difficult so need an experienced driver. cos the quote to me was 5,500 to Sunmoonlake so i thought to alishan maybe abit more and there's 4 of us to split. but i think i will consider ur suggestion. my alternative now is to do taipei(stay 1 night), hualien, jiufen/keelung, alishan then back to taipei for the rest of the trip!
Old 28-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #9651

Does anyone know how much it will cost to light up the sky lantern at pingxi?
Old 28-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #9652

Hotels

no one helped with the questions ?
Just got back from Taiwan,
Stayed in a few Hotels mentioned here....
GoCityinn...Is quite a good Hotel~ Believe it or NOT? Always fully booked! I managed to put up for only 2days.
-)Not for family though~ room very small(More Like Hotel81)
-)Got a Pantry Room(Fridge & Microwave) and laundry Room ( Washer and Dryer) on the second floor(DIY).
-)Taipei Bus Station is just across the road(1min walk) opp the XinGuan Shopping Mall. Where you can take the bus, bullet train or MRT~very convinence .
-)Lastly you have to try the breakfast across the road of the hotel, very cheap and good!
Overall.....I would say a 9/10 lah!!

TS Hotel .
Now they're having Promo 50% off, a small suite is NT$1060, so I think it is good catch, very close to XMD. Close to the train station Exit 1 & 6, ALSO always fully booked.....Only managed to put up for 1day there.
-)Room is big, and LCD TV lor.......bed is very comfortable too.
-) Next to a very hip place call the 紅樓,lots of cafe & Restaurants more like Holland V lah! Good food...pasta and Taiwanese Bubbles Tea...etc

**There's another Hotel across of TS Hotel, Forgot about the Name, Will check and keep you guys undated!!

As for now!!

您...準備好了嗎??
Old 29-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #9653

John, can you advise on the hotel next to TS hotel after your stay.

We (with wife and baby) are going to Taipei in May, and looking for accommodation near to metro. We managed to reserve 2 nights at TS hotel 大順大飯店 only because of the popular demand as you mentioned

Anyone try Keyman's Hotel 台北‧懷寧旅店飯店 before, any comments? Thinking of booking this hotel since it near to 捷運台北火車站, beside Go CityInn.
Old 29-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #9654

anyoen going to Taipei on the 21 April by jetstar???????????
err.. i going on 19 apr.. ahaha. by china airlines though..
Old 29-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #9655
Master Member

Anyone try Keyman's Hotel 台北‧懷寧旅店飯店 before, any comments? Thinking of booking this hotel since it near to 捷運台北火車站, beside Go CityInn.
Someone mentioned Keymans hotel long time ago.
Other hotels within same vicinity are Flower Hotel and Miyi Hotel.

http://www.hotel-flowers.com.tw/menu1.htm
http://miyi.com.tw
Old 29-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #9656
Master Member

GoCityinn...Is quite a good Hotel~
-)Lastly you have to try the breakfast across the road of the hotel, very cheap and good!
Overall.....I would say a 9/10 lah!!
There is a shop selling pork chop, chicken chop & other bento type of meal. I recommend you try the chicken chop. The drumstick is very delicious.
Old 29-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #9657

Someone mentioned Keymans hotel long time ago.
Other hotels within same vicinity are Flower Hotel and Miyi Hotel.

http://www.hotel-flowers.com.tw/menu1.htm
http://miyi.com.tw
http://www.hotel-flowers.com.tw/menu1.htm <- link not working leh.......
Old 29-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #9658
Master Member

http://www.hotel-flowers.com.tw/menu1.htm <- link not working leh.......
it works on my pc
Old 29-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #9659

John, can you advise on the hotel next to TS hotel after your stay.

We (with wife and baby) are going to Taipei in May, and looking for accommodation near to metro. We managed to reserve 2 nights at TS hotel 大順大飯店 only because of the popular demand as you mentioned

Wow...going there In May ha?? Very hot ya know! So dun forget to pack your sun tan lotion yeah:-)
You will love TS Hotel...It's very much for Family, the room I stay in got a King Bed & Single bed in there. No Wifi in the hotel though but Internet connection in the room is FREE~ just ask the receiption for the RJ45 cable or you can surf in the lobby.
Or you can try Rainbow Hotel inside XMD....very convinence! Also another popular Family hotel(NT 1580 - NT$2080). But a little noisy la!

Taipei ain't like Singapore...got Wifi for Free. BUT if you need to check your email all the time, and have your laptop .go and buy the prepaid wifi card~
1) NT100 for 24hours
2) NT500 for 1 month ( Yes...surf till you drop).

www.wifly.com.tw

So plan your itenary well~ Read thru the forum here, some really very useful
JUST look for those family package~ dun want you and your family ended up in
忠孝東路 running with your baby cradle after some taiwanese superstar!!hahaha
Last week I was there...I was running around with The New President Ma and also 林青霞。 笑 RIGHT??

I guess Beitou, Yang Ming Shan, GuGong , Memorial Hall , Night market...etc
those are some places you can consider la! I personally enjoy KeeLung, Taichong and Now GaoXiong . If you are going to GaoXiong..you can try checking into their Service Apartment. not expensive and very clean and popular these days, an 3-4 bed rooms apartment with good view of GaoXiong for as little as NT1500
As for what to do most of the time??? EAT EAT EAT lor

Have a Nice Trip....
Old 29-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #9660

There is a shop selling pork chop, chicken chop & other bento type of meal. I recommend you try the chicken chop. The drumstick is very delicious.
Yeah....Yummy!! Very BIG 大雞排!

Can't wait to eat again....Should be October2008!!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.