HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #9661
Master Member

Yeah....Yummy!! Very BIG 大雞排!

Can't wait to eat again....Should be October2008!!

u mean this yummy!!! snapped this at 士林夜市
Old 29-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #9662

Wow...going there In May ha?? Very hot ya know! So dun forget to pack your sun tan lotion yeah:-)
You will love TS Hotel...It's very much for Family, the room I stay in got a King Bed & Single bed in there. No Wifi in the hotel though but Internet connection in the room is FREE~ just ask the receiption for the RJ45 cable or you can surf in the lobby.
Or you can try Rainbow Hotel inside XMD....very convinence! Also another popular Family hotel(NT 1580 - NT$2080). But a little noisy la!

Taipei ain't like Singapore...got Wifi for Free. BUT if you need to check your email all the time, and have your laptop .go and buy the prepaid wifi card~
1) NT100 for 24hours
2) NT500 for 1 month ( Yes...surf till you drop).

www.wifly.com.tw

So plan your itenary well~ Read thru the forum here, some really very useful
JUST look for those family package~ dun want you and your family ended up in
忠孝東路 running with your baby cradle after some taiwanese superstar!!hahaha
Last week I was there...I was running around with The New President Ma and also 林青霞。 笑 RIGHT??

I guess Beitou, Yang Ming Shan, GuGong , Memorial Hall , Night market...etc
those are some places you can consider la! I personally enjoy KeeLung, Taichong and Now GaoXiong . If you are going to GaoXiong..you can try checking into their Service Apartment. not expensive and very clean and popular these days, an 3-4 bed rooms apartment with good view of GaoXiong for as little as NT1500
As for what to do most of the time??? EAT EAT EAT lor

Have a Nice Trip....
a last min decision to go taipei, so rush rush to get boy for flu jap, earliest can go is around mid may lor, after second jap start effective.....

planning to go Yang Ming Shan, miramar, 101, etc, some night markets (shi-da?)but not ShiLin, had been there before (so not going those common Place Of Interests by tour agency as well) and I think is not a place to bring baby....., not even thinking of cradle.... yet to come up with the plan, but most likely will stick to just Taipei for 8 days, slow and easy type... relax relax.....

so even accommodation must also look for near metro lor..... no stroller..... hehe
Old 29-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #9663

u mean this yummy!!! snapped this at 士林夜市
That's also ok...
BUT You should also try the one in XMD, next to the metro exit 6.
But hor.....the last time I bought a pack and I asked for 小辣,
That joker....give me EXTRA HOT!!

But still very good la!!
thanks for recommendation
Must be good.........see the T-shirt?? HOT STAR ok...dun play play
Old 29-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #9664

a last min decision to go taipei, so rush rush to get boy for flu jap, earliest can go is around mid may lor, after second jap start effective.....

planning to go Yang Ming Shan, miramar, 101, etc, some night markets (shi-da?)but not ShiLin, had been there before (so not going those common Place Of Interests by tour agency as well) and I think is not a place to bring baby....., not even thinking of cradle.... yet to come up with the plan, but most likely will stick to just Taipei for 8 days, slow and easy type... relax relax.....

so even accommodation must also look for near metro lor..... no stroller..... hehe
Ok....make sure you booked the hotel before you depart, the last time I was there...I got problem with Hotel, maybe because of the election?? I dun know
Anyway Shi-Da Night Market is Good!! Great Choice...
If you got the chance to go Taichong..the 2 night Market there is superb
Since you're going to YangMingShan...can consider BeiTou too!! It's Next to each other.
YinGe is cool too, If you like Art and pottery stuffs
Last but NOT least...if you're crazy about coffee and pastry~ Try the 85度C cafe,
I tell you...cake is yummy and cheap!!

Anyway I will get you the contact for the Hotel opp TS Hotel Later.

Cheers
Old 29-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #9665
Master Member

finally someone replied ! Thanks !
Just got back from Taiwan,
Stayed in a few Hotels mentioned here....
GoCityinn...Is quite a good Hotel~ Believe it or NOT? Always fully booked! I managed to put up for only 2days.
-)Not for family though~ room very small(More Like Hotel81)
-)Got a Pantry Room(Fridge & Microwave) and laundry Room ( Washer and Dryer) on the second floor(DIY).
-)Taipei Bus Station is just across the road(1min walk) opp the XinGuan Shopping Mall. Where you can take the bus, bullet train or MRT~very convinence .
-)Lastly you have to try the breakfast across the road of the hotel, very cheap and good!
Overall.....I would say a 9/10 lah!!

TS Hotel .
Now they're having Promo 50% off, a small suite is NT$1060, so I think it is good catch, very close to XMD. Close to the train station Exit 1 & 6, ALSO always fully booked.....Only managed to put up for 1day there.
-)Room is big, and LCD TV lor.......bed is very comfortable too.
-) Next to a very hip place call the 紅樓,lots of cafe & Restaurants more like Holland V lah! Good food...pasta and Taiwanese Bubbles Tea...etc

**There's another Hotel across of TS Hotel, Forgot about the Name, Will check and keep you guys undated!!

As for now!!

您...準備好了嗎??
Old 29-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #9666

finally someone replied ! Thanks !
You Are Welcomed!!
Old 29-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #9667

Ok....make sure you booked the hotel before you depart, the last time I was there...I got problem with Hotel, maybe because of the election?? I dun know
Anyway Shi-Da Night Market is Good!! Great Choice...
If you got the chance to go Taichong..the 2 night Market there is superb
Since you're going to YangMingShan...can consider BeiTou too!! It's Next to each other.
YinGe is cool too, If you like Art and pottery stuffs
Last but NOT least...if you're crazy about coffee and pastry~ Try the 85度C cafe,
I tell you...cake is yummy and cheap!!

Anyway I will get you the contact for the Hotel opp TS Hotel Later.

Cheers
OK...that hotel opp TS Hotel is Nei-Jiang Hotel
02-2381 2147
02-2381 2148
They don't have a website...so call them to reserve.
I remember someone here did mentioned about this hotel before maybe you can check with them to see if they can help!

Cheers
Old 29-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #9668
Master Member

Yeah....Yummy!! Very BIG 大雞排!

Can't wait to eat again....Should be October2008!!

Forgot to take down the shop name, opposite Keymans/ CityInn Hotel. Maybe it is 春天? The shop display their bento food outside.

We even take away just the drumsticks the next day. Very crispy, juicy and delicious.
Old 29-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #9669
Master Member

Been to Yang Min Shan a few times, but only this time saw the true beauty of the blossom flowers.

Old 30-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #9670

hello! im new here and i will be gg taipei in may! gg via jetstar and gg hualien after touching down. anyone how can i secure a train tix to hualien? oh. and wat's the frequency of the bus to taipei railway stn. lastly, does jetstar ever reach late???

thanks!
Old 30-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #9671
Master Member

going hualien after touch-down? kinda late eh, i mean if its ur 1st time in taiwan, do consider spend 1st nite in taipei & catch the early train there. all airlines suffer delays. the bus usually leaves once its full. many ppl on ur flight will take the same bus, so no worries. travel time is ~1.5hrs. u'll hit taipei abt 730-800 under normal traffic conditions. if u really want to hit hualien, i'm not sure of the train timing but u'll hit definitely after 11pm. i'm not sure if airport hv direct bus to hualien but nvr see b4.

since we cant pre-book ticket from singapore, u'll just hv to buy it on the spot. no worries, if no seats, u can still stand and look for empty seats.
Old 30-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #9672
Banned

Hi... will be going to taipei for bout 1 week in oct.. currently looking for cheaper accomodations..

have ani one tried Taipei Backpackers b4?
http://taipei-backpackers.com/Access.php
more hostel to choose. i thought i wana be more adventure,no book any room go there den find =x
Old 30-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #9673
Master Member

oh btw how did you book this hotel ?
www.gocityinn.com - How do I get to this hotel from the airport ?

I also intend to go to Alishan , SML , Yilan and Hualien . HOw do I plan the trip for these places ? HOw to move to those places and where to stay overnight ? So far I have the Hualien Minsu posted here.

Did you manage to go to above places ? thanks!

Thanks
You Are Welcomed!!
Old 30-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #9674

any places to recommend for shopping/eating in gaoxiong?
Old 30-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #9675
High Supremacy Member

any places to recommend for shopping/eating in gaoxiong?
If want to buy computer stuffs like laptop, mp3 player can go to jian guo lu. If want to eat those night market, can go liuhe night market. If want to buy cheap sport attire and stuffs, you must go to PingTung which is somewhere below Kaohsiung.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.