HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #10141
Master Member

hey people , i need rainbow hotel 's email.. anyone can provide?

any offers on lodging this coming july?

thanks!
Old 21-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #10142
Master Member

hey people , i need rainbow hotel 's email.. anyone can provide?

any offers on lodging this coming july?

thanks!
its better to call them directly to book rooms. their number is +886223119193
Old 21-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #10143
Master Member

email would be sufficient thanks!

anyone?
Old 21-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #10144

Post hello all!

I have drafted my plans for going to taipei at the following which I hope all the kind souls here would help me vet through and see if theres any doubts to clear

I am going to taipei in July from 2nd to 7th. So places i would be covering will be as follow:

Day 1 (Wednesday)
Arrival at airport
Arrival at TS hotel at ard 8.
Walk ard XMD till late den.

Day 2
CKS Memorial Hall
Taipei 101
Eslite Bookstore
WuFenPu
Rao He NM
Back to Hotel

Day 3
Guanghwa Computer Market
Gonghwa Station (Tai da Uni)
am also visiting the car theme restaurant and the nearby areas
Miramar Ferris Wheel
And lastly Shi Lin NM

Day 4 (Saturday)
Ding Tai Fung
Mount kong Cable Car
Taipei zoo
Taipei Main station Underground malls
Also visiting the toilet theme restaurant for lunch
Lungshan Temple
Snake Alley

Day 5 ( Sunday)
XinBeiTou hot spring
Dan shui
Lao Jie
Yu ren ma tou
and after the lighting up, lastly, we will be heading to Tong Hua NM

Day 6 (Monday)
Jui Fen
Shi Fen
Jinguashi
Kee Lung NM
back to hotel

Day 7
Last min shopping at XMD
and den heading back to SG.

thank you in advance!
Old 21-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #10145
Master Member

hey peeps im planning to go this coming july / august....any idea what weather to expect? earthquake typhoon hot weather mostly? political situation?

oh yeah..TS hotel is booked solid for mid july...just in case anyone wanna try for it

Last edited by bigrockshow; 21-05-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Old 22-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #10146

the girls very pretty!
especially the one at ding tai fung!
NPNT??
Old 22-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #10147
Master Member

YES THERES ONE AT DING TAI FENG!

very pretty. i wonder if its the same DTF...............
Old 22-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #10148
Master Member

I have drafted my plans for going to taipei at the following which I hope all the kind souls here would help me vet through and see if theres any doubts to clear

I am going to taipei in July from 2nd to 7th. So places i would be covering will be as follow:

Day 1 (Wednesday)
Arrival at airport
Arrival at TS hotel at ard 8.
Walk ard XMD till late den.

Day 2
CKS Memorial Hall
Taipei 101
Eslite Bookstore
WuFenPu
Rao He NM
Back to Hotel

Day 3
Guanghwa Computer Market
Gonghwa Station (Tai da Uni)
am also visiting the car theme restaurant and the nearby areas
Miramar Ferris Wheel
And lastly Shi Lin NM

Day 4 (Saturday)
Ding Tai Fung
Mount kong Cable Car
Taipei zoo
Taipei Main station Underground malls
Also visiting the toilet theme restaurant for lunch
Lungshan Temple
Snake Alley

Day 5 ( Sunday)
XinBeiTou hot spring
Dan shui
Lao Jie
Yu ren ma tou
and after the lighting up, lastly, we will be heading to Tong Hua NM

Day 6 (Monday)
Jui Fen
Shi Fen
Jinguashi
Kee Lung NM
back to hotel

Day 7
Last min shopping at XMD
and den heading back to SG.

thank you in advance!

Maybe u wanna change day 6 with day 7? day 6 will be a tiring day so can relax on day 7 with hotspring so can also end the trip nicely.

BTW anyone changed money these few days? changed at 22.0 last week going to change today again
Old 22-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #10149

I'm thinking of spending one day in Jianhushan. Can someone pls help to answer my below questions?

1. Is it too rush? I'm thinking of going over in the morning and coming back in late evening
2. Do I have to reserve the bus tickets to and fro to Jianhushan?
3. How much do the bus tickets to Jianhushan and back to Taipei costs?

Thanks in advance
Old 22-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #10150

Hi, tml i will be going to taipei le. Would like to know which underground sell the most lady heels? And may i know which MRT station and exit? I only know there is underground malls @ taipei main station and zhong xiao fuxing but dunno which exit, correct me if i'm wrong. Pls advise.
Old 22-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #10151
Master Member

I'm thinking of spending one day in Jianhushan. Can someone pls help to answer my below questions?

1. Is it too rush? I'm thinking of going over in the morning and coming back in late evening
2. Do I have to reserve the bus tickets to and fro to Jianhushan?
3. How much do the bus tickets to Jianhushan and back to Taipei costs?

Thanks in advance

Janfusun Fancy World is in Yunlin、southern Taiwan、about 3 - 4 hrs. from Taipei.
There is a direct bus、Rer Tong Bus 日統客運、from Taipei Station to Janfusun departing at its beside a bridge, if not sure can always take a cab its cheap and very near to Ximenting. The return bus departs from the Janfusun Prince Hotel (near the park entrance) at 17:20.
Approximate round-trip ticket price is NT700.
Address of Rer Tong Bus: No. 1 Zhonghua Rd. Sec. 1
Reservations can be made up to one week in advance."
Fare Adult:NT650 - 700
Taipei Office of Ri Tong Bus: 02-2558-3131 Taipei Ri Tong bus Co: -23119017
Southern Taiwan Office for reservations of return seats: (05) 532-6167
Departs Taipei Every hour from 6.20am to 11.20am
Return : Only one bus : at 17.30pm
http://www.janfusun.com.tw
Old 22-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #10152

Just came back yesterday from Taiwan!!! was so fun! Stayed 2 days at hualian at the famous minsu recommended by Mr Cai

http://www.sutohome.com/

Highly recommended!!! Very fun.

When we reached hualian train station (weather was good, around 18 to 22, nice cooling weather, at nite very shiok, nice cool breezy wind, however this week weather in taipei slightly starting to turn warm now!)
1) Liu Ah Yi came to pick us up from train station,
2) we told her we wanna see tarako first day, arrange Mr Cai, friendly and funny taxi driver to show us around for whole day (NT2000 for 2 people, try to find more minsu if other couples willing to share, then more worth it ), he brought us to a very nice 'Cong You Bing' (like Prata with egg and spicy chilli) store (some store out of the blue on the streets), it's not the same as those in shilin, more crispy and nice
3) Liu Ah Yi + Mr Cai brought us to firecracker store, met 10+ Singaporeans there, like mini Singapore!!! Each person fork out NT200, brought lots and lots of firecracker, those big big huge huge kind + small ones so all can play together, so shiok. Yiu Ah Yi will take video and burn a copy for each and everyone of us, below is a sample of the fireworks, enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3zpt6c

Will post more later about the minsu, very tried now...

Last edited by paco; 22-05-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 23-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #10153

4) Oh ya, Liu Ah Yi will send you to the nite market via her big car (with her 'shi tou de jia' logo at the side', very nice logo), and let us wander there for awhile before picking us back (very considerate)

5) Go back to minsu, will cut fruits for us to eat, sweet mango/watermelon

6) While eating fruits, will paint rocks picked up from 'ji xing tan', quite fun though im not really an arts + craft person, painted ultraman face + power ranger face for my gf's nephew... haha

7) Next morning, arrange to go for dolphin watching (around 3 hours) very shiok! Watch at least around 70 dolphins (seasonal, your experience might vary), quite a sight i must say!!!! Managed to watch schools of dolphin in packs of 3 to even 10 all swimming at one go!!!! we went directly to the front of big speedboat, though waters were choppy, but very exciting when you get to see the dolphins up close, hold firm to the railings though, take videos (almost impossible to take pictures as the boat is rocking as the captain will be chasing the dolphins)

8) We didnt op for the water rafting or the australian rock something, we seen too much of tarako and saw the videos of the australian rock something shown by Yiu Ah Yi, not our cup of tea and quite ex (NT2500) So we decided to be more adventures, took the free bicycle from minsu, cycled to their flower garden called "zhi ka xuan", wow, really very nice place with lots and lots of different kinds of flowers, took alot of scenic shots, heard that they are still building up the garden, not far away from minsu, around 10 - 15min cycle, when you cycle out of the minsu, go all the way straight, after around 4 to 5 junctions, you will reach a T junction and cycle around it to get to the entrance (go if you like scenery)

9) We ordered the "Jiang Mu Ya" prepared by Yiu Ah Yi (ordered the day before), took her whole morning to make the soup, Jiang Mu Ya is a soup-based steamboat, Yiu Ah Yi said it's best to eat it when it's chilly or cold, the nite we spent there, it was pretty cold, so quite shiok as the soup-based included Hualian's "Mi Jiu", very nice wine in the soup, the steamboat ingredients got fishball with fish-roe, mua-chee ingredient when cooked very nice, very 'Q', avoid the dish during summer time though

10) When to Aborginal dance after that, was invited to stage as we were a couple, had to carry my gf using some special stance as taught by the Aborginal, all the guys super duper fit, all 6 pack and some of them quite yandao kind, haha, their bamboo dance quite good, super tough technical dance also all of them can coordinate very well, all of them pose funny pics towards the end of it as they welcomed people on stage to take photos with them
Old 23-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #10154
Master Member

Thanks for sharing, paco.

Can you tell us about the booking of the boat to see dolphine?

For those interested on Miss liu's 姜母鸭, she ever said please inform her in advance.
Old 23-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #10155

hihi

Maybe u wanna change day 6 with day 7? day 6 will be a tiring day so can relax on day 7 with hotspring so can also end the trip nicely.

BTW anyone changed money these few days? changed at 22.0 last week going to change today again
thank you for the advice. i guess u meant sunday and monday switched right.. but however, monday the lao jie NT 50 bag is closed. thats y i put it on a Sunday. hmmm..

so u think besides this, everything else is ok?

thanks yea.

LOVES~
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.