HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #10171
High Supremacy Member

The online booking only allow Taiwanese to make booking and accept only Taiwan credit card.
hmm.......okie~~

err.. bro, i singaporean managed to book with my passport number (not the same as my IC) and my singapore credit card wor. This is what i posted in the other thread:

Yup I booked my train tickets online from here too http://railway.hinet.net/net_eng.htm and paid via credit card, Must still go and collect the train tickets from the counter with the printout too.

There's a new company, called "Tai-ru-ge Hao", supposedly faster too, you guys can try that if you want.

eh.....I used my IC number to book ....cannot.....
Old 26-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #10172

hmm.......okie~~

eh.....I used my IC number to book ....cannot.....
I used my Passport number (which is different from my IC) and it works fine!
Old 26-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #10173
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for sharing, paco.

Can you tell us about the booking of the boat to see dolphine?

For those interested on Miss liu's 姜母鸭, she ever said please inform her in advance.
OMG OMG, how i miss the 姜母鸭 !!!!
Old 26-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #10174
High Supremacy Member

I used my Passport number (which is different from my IC) and it works fine!

my passport number and IC number is the same
Old 26-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #10175

my passport number and IC number is the same
haha, mine used to be the same too, until last year my passport expired and changed to biometric, then passport number no longer same as I/C number.
Old 26-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #10176
Master Member

err.. bro, i singaporean managed to book with my passport number (not the same as my IC) and my singapore credit card wor. This is what i posted in the other thread:

Yup I booked my train tickets online from here too http://railway.hinet.net/net_eng.htm and paid via credit card, Must still go and collect the train tickets from the counter with the printout too.

There's a new company, called "Tai-ru-ge Hao", supposedly faster too, you guys can try that if you want.
I tried booking online last year March but could not. I called the Taipei Main Station and a kind staff help me booked with his Taiwan IC. When I reached Taipei, I went down to the counter to pay & collect the tickets.

Maybe the website changed since then.
Old 26-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #10177
High Supremacy Member

I tried booking online last year March but could not. I called the Taipei Main Station and a kind staff help me booked with his Taiwan IC. When I reached Taipei, I went down to the counter to pay & collect the tickets.

Maybe the website changed since then.
great...I may try out yr method~~~
Old 27-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #10178

Taoyuan Airport to TS hotel

Amazed by the amount of information here. But I couldn't really find the specific instructions that i need.

Intend to stay put at TS Hotel. I've checked out the Freego bus route but it doesn't really stop near TS Hotel.

So therefore, my question is, what would be a good strategy to travel from taoyuan airport to TS hotel?

Hope some kind some can shed some specific instructions.

Thanks in advance!
Old 27-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #10179
Master Member

no strategy involved. either take bus or take cab. not much choice unless u've personal friends... heh heh.
Old 27-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #10180

I just came back from taipei, and if i am not wrong freego does stop at TS Hotel. Dont worry, when u reach the airport just go to the bus service counters and ask if the bus stops at TS or anywhere near, the bus driver will alert you when you are reaching. Freego is NT140 and goes near the hotels while the normal bus operated by Guo Guang is about NT125, terminating at the Taipei Main Station. The cab fare to Ximending is around 80 bucks, top up 20 if its past midnite. If you are not travelling alone just take the Guo Guang bus and transfer to a cab la
Old 27-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #10181

Velo is correct, Freego does stop at TS.
Jellangel posted this list:

天成
内江
城美
麒麟
四季
豪景
一樂園
王朝
萬事達
慶泰
明日
儷萊
金國際
華華
富園
金帥
成都
长虹
國聯
函舍
凱撒
大顺
金財神
華麗
新瞬
富粧
寶格利
東龍
第一
國光
Old 27-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #10182

oh btw, theres something i am quite curious about. I noticed that isnt many money changers around, as i thought it should be otherwise since taipei is a city.
Old 27-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #10183
Banned

yeah u gotta go to the changer at the airport. if not its banks. no money changer ard.
Old 27-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #10184

Amazed by the amount of information here. But I couldn't really find the specific instructions that i need.

Intend to stay put at TS Hotel. I've checked out the Freego bus route but it doesn't really stop near TS Hotel.

So therefore, my question is, what would be a good strategy to travel from taoyuan airport to TS hotel?

Hope some kind some can shed some specific instructions.

Thanks in advance!
Even the bus does not stop at TS hotel, in fact it does, u still can take and stop at Ximending. Anyway when u reach the airport, there r a few counters selling bus ticket and someone will ask u where u going and guide u to the correct booth to buy the ticket.
Old 27-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #10185

oh btw, theres something i am quite curious about. I noticed that isnt many money changers around, as i thought it should be otherwise since taipei is a city.
ya, u r rite. There r no money changer even in Taipei City. U can only change money in the airport or the bank. It is easier to withdraw money from the ATM. Do look up for the PLUS or CIRRUS logo at the ATM as not all ATM have the logo and no logo mean no money for u, hehe.

Even if u wan to change from the bank, do note that not all bank accept SGD which I encountered. I only know Taiwan Bank accept SGD BUT u have to fill up a A4 size form full of Chinese character. So my advise is to withdraw from ATM. PLUS do have a $5 service charge for every withdraw.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.