HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #1006

chicken muz eat "hao da da" one !!! recommend !
any way tian mu got wat huh???
heard from the staff the that there noting there so didn't go...
but seems that Rawlinson grab some gd buy there...
the levis u got @ wat price???

I got 2 of the new squarecut 522 jeans
dark color - NT2244
faded - NT2571

actually i never really have enough time to explore tian mu but there is one restaurant i highly recommand. Opposite tian mu xing guan shan jue shopping center..... beside MacCafe there is this restaurant selling jap pork chop rice. Try their sukiyaki pot, only cost ard S$15.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #1007

thanx rawlinson. care to share ur itinery?
just starting to plan, but i dun think i have enough days to go to all i wana go.

what's there for guys and gers in the mid-20s....

and what is taroko?

my notes:
5 day= 5 night markets ;p
hua xi, shilin, shida+kunguan, feng jia, jing ming, zhong xiao(after 10?)

Some choices:
1 day hua lian - for local goods & sightseeing?(muah chee) + qi xing zhan?(beach)
1 day? yang ming shan?? + tian mu (factory outlet?)
taipei 101
bei tou- hot spring(any recomendation? heard wu lai is good, where's that?)

dan shui- for local goods? sotong ball, 40 cm icecream, tofu with noodle filling.
wufenpu (wholesale?)
sun yat sen memorial hall (near din tai fung ;p),
ye lin+ ke lung (1/2 day)
ruifan (shop) , jiufen?

There is my itinery...
Day one - 1800 reach cks airport, took bus to taichong NT230. Managed to check into TwinStar hotel at 2130. Walked to chong xiao night mkt for dinner.

Day 2 - Morning took a bus to Puli for ard NT130. Changed bus from Puli to Sun Moon Lake for NT50. Engaged a car tour for NT1000 (standard price is 1200 stated there) as monday less tourist. Return back to puli and then taichong. Went to tiger city shopping center and Feng Jia night mkt (highly recommand)

Day 3 - Bus to kaohsiung ard NT250. Check in Gear hotel. Spent 8 hours walking to 新掘江 shopping district, 新光三月,sogo, fareastern and 汉神 shopping center. Dinner at Liuhe night mkt.

Day 4 - Walk ard. Visited arts museum and love river (sucks) Realised Kaohsiung is a pretty boring place and the transportation sux. Saw alot of Starlight people there too... laugh at a few of them... they look like idiots walking in a big group ard with their crew cut and new balance...Took train to taipei at 2320 hrs.

Day 5 - Reach taipei at 0600. Put bags at rainbow hotel. Went for breakfast, CKS memorial hall.....wufenpu and shilin at night

Day 6 - Dan Sui and tianMu

Day 7 - Ximending.... watched FIR performance there..... MOS disco

Day 8 - ZhongXiao area, SYS memorial hall. Taipei 101. Dinner at Fuxing rd porridge and snacks area (highly recommand)

Day 9 - Wulai mountain plus hotspring. Dinner at a BBQ restaurant... holiday ktv thru the night

day 10 - last minute shopping..... shilin

day 11 - last minute shopping again... went up to taipei 101 NT350 this time as it was close the last time we went. Return back!!!

Last edited by Rawlinson; 05-05-2005 at 01:57 PM..
Old 05-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #1008

wat electronic device u intend 2 use? for example notebook, their adapter can convert e voltage automatically. u will need 2 check ur electronic device's adapter then
digicam...
Old 05-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #1009
Supremacy Member

There is my itinery...
Day one - 1800 reach cks airport, took bus to taichong NT230. Managed to check into TwinStar hotel at 2130. Walked to chong xiao night mkt for dinner.

Day 2 - Morning took a bus to Puli for ard NT130. Changed bus from Puli to Sun Moon Lake for NT50. Engaged a car tour for NT1000 (standard price is 1200 stated there) as monday less tourist. Return back to puli and then taichong. Went to tiger city shopping center and Feng Jia night mkt (highly recommand)

Day 3 - Bus to kaohsiung ard NT250. Check in Gear hotel. Spent 8 hours walking to 新掘江 shopping district, 新光三月,sogo, fareastern and 汉神 shopping center. Dinner at Liuhe night mkt.

Day 4 - Walk ard. Visited arts museum and love river (sucks) Realised Kaohsiung is a pretty boring place and the transportation sux. Saw alot of Starlight people there too... laugh at a few of them... they look like idiots walking in a big group ard with their crew cut and new balance...Took train to taipei at 2320 hrs.

Day 5 - Reach taipei at 0600. Put bags at rainbow hotel. Went for breakfast, CKS memorial hall.....wufenpu and shilin at night

Day 8 - ZhongXiao area, SYS memorial hall. Taipei 101. Dinner at Fuxing rd porridge and snacks area (highly recommand)

Day 9 - Wulai mountain plus hotspring. Dinner at a BBQ restaurant... holiday ktv thru the night

day 11 - last minute shopping again... went up to taipei 101 NT350 this time as it was close the last time we went. Return back!!!
Did F.I.R rock that night?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #1010
Master Member

u went there 4 11D, yet u din go hua lian, ken ding... a bit waste leh
Old 05-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #1011
Master Member

digicam...
u need 2 double check ur dcam adapter 2 confirm mine Olympus & Casio both ok
Old 05-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #1012

I was too shagged to travel liao.... haha
my frenz and I charged fujifilm and panasonic digi cams..... sony erricson, motorola and nokia handphones..... all can use
Old 05-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #1013

tentatively 22-28 of May...u?

me trying to plan my itenery now.... F & E.

june 8th - 17th

gg there free and easy means u must have alot of spare time to lose for all those liasing up for ur transport etc. So u staying in taipei thruout ur trip?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #1014

there are 4 ways to go about this

1) be their fan or go their tw forums/yahoo clubs/official site for information

2) visit appledaily.com.tw, visit their 娛樂版,find the news that is 追星趴趴走, it will show the appearances of stars in taipei for that day, updated every early morning

3) http://www1.iwant-radio.com/ - this website has listings of weekend appearances by stars, be it concerts, autograph sessions, etc (located on right side of main page)

4) when u are on the plane like china airlines, get their newspaper which is from taiwan. only applies if u on this plane. budget airline and sg air do not apply

wah thanx!!! u r of gr8 help~
Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #1015

11 days too little liao..need at least 14 days ah..

i going for 10 days oso, itinerary as follows (specially planned by agency):
1st night- taipei
2nd - 4th night - Penghu
5th-6th nigh - Taichung
7th - 9th night - Taipei

I also wanna go to kenting and hualian 1 but really, the travelling time kills. From one end to the other end of the island is no joke wor~ BTW Kaoshiung can skip one leh, nothing special, even their 'love river' is worse than our SG river

So if skip KS n go Kenting, more worth it. I believe there is domestic flight to Hengchun Airport, hence travelling time can b greatly minimised to reach kenting from taichung.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #1016

anyway wheres tianmu? cannot see it on my map? Issit a shopping centre?

wahh rawlinson took 6 days to cover Taipei, n i only got 4 nights, sheesh, must squeeze some programmesl iao.

Any recommendations on where to go for a good hotspring bath ?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 PM   #1017
Great Supremacy Member

i think that the jeans and shoes are the best buy in taipei
I bought 2 levis squarecut jeans from tianmu and one pair of high cut converse sneakers
All original and well priced... if u are into nike air and dunk then good for u.... the price for nike sneakers are pretty cheap. There are good buys are ard u just have to hunt for it.

U can buy a few magazines and take a look when u reach taipei if u are a hardcore shopper.
For more mature dresser u can buy 'Men's Style (M'S)' or 'men uno'... if u are into hiphop street clothes buy 'Hipper'

I never see much chiong clothes in taiwan.... the people there are generally very well dressed. The most common chiong clothes i see is fake A&F and american eagle.

For shopping, i recommand TianMu district, Ximending for younger people, zhongxiao area and taipei 101 area (new york new york shopping center is good)

welcome back... there LV cheaper?

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 05-05-2005 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #1018
Great Supremacy Member

There is my itinery...

looks like i give kaoshiung a miss is a good choice..
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #1019
Great Supremacy Member

my tour guide friend recomend me die die must go jiufen..He said there very nice... anyone know how to get there from taipei???
Old 05-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #1020
Great Supremacy Member

for those who dun know their adapter can use or not pls look at the spec on it.. if 110v-240v can use ok if only 240v cannot use in 110v country like wise if only show 110v dun use here else....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.