HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #10276

hopping to go Taipei this month but the air tix is sky high at $700 plus with jetstar....maybe go in dec again.
so how much was ur air tix pls share
I went taipei on Apr... air tix cost me SGD1200 for 2pax... Jetstar...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #10277
Banned

sharing is caring, jetstar got promo advert today.
book now til june 8 to travel between 1july to 31augest to enjoy promo. i believe total add up should be around 450+.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #10278

just a quick reply. why are u targetting taichung? if this is your 1st time to taiwan, i think focus on taipei, hv much more things to shop there.

rgd ur day 1 question, can you tell which day of the week u're arriving? traffic plays a big part, it takes abt 3hrs to taichung by bus

I don't want to be shopping most of the time for my trip.
The places that I want to go are all in the itinerary, just that I'm not sure if the sequence is right or not.
On the whole, I want 2 nites in Taichung, 2 nites in Hualien, 1 nite in Wulai and the rest in Taipei.
Should I go Taipei drop luggage etc then to other cities or should I lug them along?
I'm going on a Wed (Day 1). I've edited my itinerary again. Help pls!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #10279

Thanks Awbrab. I meant I could not find the link to your blog earlier! haha
Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #10280

Hi hi,

Can ask how's the journey up to Taroko Gorge? heard the road is bumpy and narrow? will get car sick easily? can walk up instead?

N the dolphin's trip? sea sickness?

how abt yang ming shan?

went alishan before.. took the antique train.. quite giddy when i reached the top.. so wondering how is it like for the places that i've mentioned?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #10281

How come cannot find my blog lei???
My blog is http://awbrab.blogspot.com or http://awbrab.multiply.com
I think is easier to see my timing in my blog.
I suggest Wulai, YMS, Yeliu, Chiufen and Maokong u have to reserve 2 days and i also suggest booking a cab for the above-mentioned places as they cannot be reach by their MRT except Maokong, and Maokong is at Muzha Station which is also very far. And if u really book a cab try to finish Martyr Shrine and C.K.S. Memorial Hall in the morning cos by cab it only took the most 1.5hrs to complete, but if u go w/o cab i think to need to take at least 3hrs to travel and visit these 2 places.

Maybe u may like to list out the places u wan to visit in Taipei first. It is easier to plan once u hav listed out. But i think i hav visited most Taipei attractions already except for Gongguan NM and the Underground Mall, so my itinenary in my blog can draw an outline for u already.

As for Taitung, I really cant help cos never been to that place.
As for Hualien, I think I also cover most of the major attractions except for visiting the farm there and I think paragliding.

I also can reccomended my taxi driver to u. I know him during my first trip to Taiwan in 4 yrs back, so this time I engaged him again.
Hi awbrab,

How do I contact him? Need to reserve in advance?

What is the cost like?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #10282
Master Member

twinkle, taroko gouge is not a small place like mt. faber, dun think abt it as mt. faber. yes, u can get car sick, but there's many points of interest along the way, so there's freq stop, no worries. hire a cab as some parts of road is narrow & bumpy, an experienced driver is preferred.

same, u'll get seasick if u cant take some waves in the sea. the boat aint a cruise ship so will roll with the waves.

yangmingshan, yes, need to take a bus up and endure the journey. u can spend 1 FULL day walking once u reach the top. YMS is not like taroko gouge, so the place of interest is concentrated at the top.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #10283
Master Member

sweet, your sequence is ok.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #10284

Anyone can share their iternary? or any recommendation for places to visit ? I looking for hot spring , city tour , food , shopping or any nice places of interest ? if i wan to book the hotel ? which web site can i go ?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #10285

Shilin night market's big big chicken chop is nice! ate 2 last month i was there...
Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #10286

Anyone can share their iternary? or any recommendation for places to visit ? I looking for hot spring , city tour , food , shopping or any nice places of interest ? if i wan to book the hotel ? which web site can i go ?
Here is mine roughly:

2nd day
* Started off in taipei at the chiang kai shek memorial hall
* Went to jiufen street market where there are lots of nice makans and lots of nice things to buy.
* Then on the way went to Amei tribe to see show

3rd day
* Up to Tai Ru Ge national park, damn!, the place is beautiful! the coffee or tea you buy there are all made from spring water...
* Went for hot spring in a hotel around that region. haha, 39 degree...

4th day
* Went to fuo guan san which is a religion area, the place is big
* Sin Juan Jiang street market is cool, full of youth stuff and babes... haha
* Liu He night market got tons of interesting foods.

5th day
* Went up to Ali mountain, "COOL" place, fresh air, scenary and stuff, anyone who sweat while walking in the woods or streets there definitely got a problem... haha
* Went to Re Ye Tan where there is a Wen Wu temple (Confucius and Guan Gong)
* Feng Jia night market... as usual, more stuff to buy

6th day
* back to taipei... Went to Danshui fisherman wharf, not much there really, just scenary and stuff, but remember to buy their Ah Puo metal egg when you are there
* i bought a pi qui there... pi qui is quite popular in taiwan, they got a specialize shop in taipei
* Went to a street market called Wu Fen Pu, haha... as usual...
* lastly Shili night market... cannot miss
Old 05-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #10287

Hi awbrab,

How do I contact him? Need to reserve in advance?

What is the cost like?

Thanks.
I think u can call him. His Taiwan mobile is +886-922680301, Mr 曾. Check whether ur mobile plan got free IDD or not.
Just tell him 洪先生 from Singapore recommend one.
I booked his cab on Day 2 and Day 3, stated in my blog, for NTD$3500 per day for 2 pax. Cos I went to outskirt of the Taipei city that why $3500 is consider cheap.

For my case, I planned out all the places i wanted to visit for my 4 days in Taipei, then meet him in my second day morning, and he looked at my planning and try to bring me to as many place as possible.

Last edited by awbrab; 05-06-2008 at 06:25 PM..
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #10288

U can visit my blog http://awbrab.blogspot.com for the itinenary.
The first 4 days are Taipei, and i visit hotspring located at different places daily.
My Taipei also includes shopping and food so i think it will be helpful to u.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #10289

Hi hi,

Can ask how's the journey up to Taroko Gorge? heard the road is bumpy and narrow? will get car sick easily? can walk up instead?

N the dolphin's trip? sea sickness?

how abt yang ming shan?

went alishan before.. took the antique train.. quite giddy when i reached the top.. so wondering how is it like for the places that i've mentioned?
Taroko Gorge road is not bumpy but quite a number of turns. Cos i got no motion sickness so it is ok. BTW u wont be sitting in the car throughout the visit to Taroko Gorge. After reaching the gorge, the driver will stop, get down the car, take pics and do some intro to u. Then continue to drive to another pt of the gorge, and repeated the same things. Driving from one pt to another only takes a few minutes. Out of the 7 - 8 points, abt 4 points the driver will drop u and let u walk, he will then drive away and wait for u to walk to his car. BTW if u are staying in minsu, most of the owner will arrange a driver for u. My case, i stay in the "Stone House" minsu and the owner hire a driver for me for NTD$2000, it is like a personal tourguide.

For those with sea sick, Dolphin watching will most likely to make u sick cos it is out in the Pacific Ocean.

YMS i think is worse then Taroko Gorge, cos the driving speed there is faster as the road is wider, and hillside sure got a lot of turns one.

BUT there is medication for motion sickness ma.

Last edited by awbrab; 05-06-2008 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #10290

sweet, your sequence is ok.
Thanks! You are an
Could you do me another favour?
You think I should leave luggage in Taipei first or lugging around is ok?
And from Taichung how to go Hualien and how long?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.