Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #10306
Master Member

Thanks! You are an
Could you do me another favour?
You think I should leave luggage in Taipei first or lugging around is ok?
And from Taichung how to go Hualien and how long?
sweet,

since you're going taichung direct from airport, how will you be able to leave your luggage in taipei first? do note that the airport <> taipei

from taichung, you can book a train to hualien, the train will pass taipei. i know is ~2.5hrs from taichung -> taipei and anr 3.5hr from taipei-> hualien, so total journey via train is ~6hrs

however, you can also take speed rail to taipei, i think ~1hrs, then change to train to hualien. faster but involve change. IMPT, take note, if i remember correctly (someone comment plz), speed rail station in taichung is different from normal train station.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #10307
Master Member

actually, the best way to tour taiwan is to start from taipei, then in a clock wise way, go taiwan one round...
haha, but 9 or 11days not enough. 14days will be more viable
Old 07-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #10308

Hi,

anybody stayed in any of these HuaLien ming sus before ?

http://www.oceanbnb.idv.tw/room.htm
http://www.moonlight-ocean.com.tw/room-2.htm

Im deciding between them . Is is dangeourous to stay in a seaside mingsu at hualien during july, the typhoon period ?

thanks
wow the oceanbnb minsu is so cosy...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #10309

Thanx dreamer75 and jasz18 for the info.

I'm going to hualien on my 3rd day and will be staying over for 1 night there. I will be engaging a cab for a day tour at Taroko Gorge. The weather forecast showed that Hualien is bright and sunny for the rest of the week, so now thinking of extending my stay at hualien for another day. Is there other areas worth seeing at hualien? or actually one can't cover everything at Taroko Gorge in a day, hence 2 days may be good? I know that hualien has other water or sea activities, but i'm not really interested in that.
There are paragilding in Hualien. U can also visit the farm. When I was in Hualien minsu, I knew a group of them went to the farm and they said very nice place.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #10310

sweet,

since you're going taichung direct from airport, how will you be able to leave your luggage in taipei first? do note that the airport <> taipei

from taichung, you can book a train to hualien, the train will pass taipei. i know is ~2.5hrs from taichung -> taipei and anr 3.5hr from taipei-> hualien, so total journey via train is ~6hrs

however, you can also take speed rail to taipei, i think ~1hrs, then change to train to hualien. faster but involve change. IMPT, take note, if i remember correctly (someone comment plz), speed rail station in taichung is different from normal train station.

shadus u sure train from Taichung to Hualien took so long??? I checked from the website and the fastest one took only abt 4hrs.

As for speed rail it is their 高铁 or "bullet train" but only operate in the western corridor of taiwan, from Taipei to Kaosiong. But Hualien in at the Eastern part so no bullet train.

Last edited by awbrab; 07-06-2008 at 11:19 AM..
Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #10311

we can get the prepaid sim card in 7-11 too????

wats thats called????
Prepaid sim card need to get from telco shops. You need 2 form of ident (i used my passport and driver's license). Check that your phone can use before buying, esp if you using a "older" phone.

7-11 and such only sell top up cards, not the sim card.

Ask for "men hao yu fu ka"... sounds like door number prepaid card. Shld be activated within 2 hrs or so.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #10312

shadus u sure train from Taichung to Hualien took so long??? I checked from the website and the fastest one took only abt 4hrs.

As for speed rail it is their 高铁 or "bullet train" but only operate in the western corridor of taiwan, from Taipei to Kaosiong. But Hualien in at the Eastern part so no bullet train.
Thanks guys!

Hmm shadus what I meant was if I were to drop luggage in Taipei, it would mean tat my Day 1 nite will be in taipei then next day travel to Taichung.

I think you are right. I've been asking around and from Taichung to Hualien is really long. So I have decided to go Taichung straight and then go Taipei stay there, then Hualien then back to Taipei again.

Can you ask you guys, should I go Wulai then Hualien or something? I'm staying 1 nite in Wulai.

Can Also help me with the Yeliu, jiufen, keelung, Danshui LJ, YMS, Shifen how to plan? Let's say I'm going to Wulai stay 1 night then next day going back Taipei, on the way to Taipei where can I go?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #10313

Day 1 (Wed)
From Airport to Taichung
FJ NM
*Does FJ NM closes early?
*And if I'm taking Jetstar, reckon I'll reach Taichung before 10pm?

Day 2 (Thurs)
Shopping in Taichung
FJ NM
*Any other places to go in Taichung?

Day 3 (Fri)
From Taichung to Taipei
Stay at Slove Hotel
Visit Wu Fen Pu > Rou He NM > Shilin NM
*Think I am able to slot more things here?
*What time does Rouhe NM Open and close?

Day 4 (Sat)
From Taipei to Hualien
Stay at Minsu
Tour around Minsu
*Does the location of Minsu matter?

Day 5 (Sun)
Stay at Minsu

Day 6 (Mon)
From Hualien to Taipei
XMD/ Bo Ai Rd
Shilin NM or GongGuan NM
* Where is Chengzhong Market and opening hrs?
* Or should I go to Wulai straight after HUalien?
* WOrth going?

Day 7 (Tues)
YMS > Shifen > Wulai
Stay at Wulai
*Is my sequence ok?
*Before my check in time at Wulai wat can I do? Or should I tour around Wulai and forgot Shifen and YMS?

Day 8 (Wed)
From wulai > Jiufen > Yeliu > Miaokou > Slove Hotel
Clubbing
*Is my sequence right? Is there bus from Wulai to Jiufen?
* Or should I visit somewhere else after checking out from WUlai?
*Can I add anything else to this day?

Day 9 (Thurs)
????
*How do I slot YMS, Danhui LJ, Shifen here?

Day 10 (Fri)
XMD/ Bo Ai Rd
Underground Shopping
Last day walking around in Taipei City

Day 11
Back to Singapore
Old 07-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #10314

sweetliar:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...ostcount=10294
Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #10315
High Supremacy Member

Prepaid sim card need to get from telco shops. You need 2 form of ident (i used my passport and driver's license). Check that your phone can use before buying, esp if you using a "older" phone.

7-11 and such only sell top up cards, not the sim card.

Ask for "men hao yu fu ka"... sounds like door number prepaid card. Shld be activated within 2 hrs or so.
I can use that to call back SG???
Old 07-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #10316

I can use that to call back SG???
Yes, Depending on the Company, you can use 002 or 006 - then 65-Spore Number.

If you are coming for a longish trip, then the best way is to also buy a International Calling card: At- EEC in the Taipei Main Station underground mall between sec 12 n 13. (Taipei City Mall) 10.30 am to 9pm
The MKY card @ NTD300/- can buy at NTD150 and talk to Singapore for 75 mins. NTD2 per minute - Hotels like TS does not charge for using the 0800 numbers.

Using you cell pre paid cards costs about NTD8.7 per minute to Singapore.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #10317

I am going for 5 days in fact 4 days dun count those go airport / chk in time. Shld i go for the day tour or izzit just plain waste of time?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM   #10318
High Supremacy Member

Yes, Depending on the Company, you can use 002 or 006 - then 65-Spore Number.

If you are coming for a longish trip, then the best way is to also buy a International Calling card: At- EEC in the Taipei Main Station underground mall between sec 12 n 13. (Taipei City Mall) 10.30 am to 9pm
The MKY card @ NTD300/- can buy at NTD150 and talk to Singapore for 75 mins. NTD2 per minute - Hotels like TS does not charge for using the 0800 numbers.

Using you cell pre paid cards costs about NTD8.7 per minute to Singapore.

10q~~~ will get it later @ the underground mall
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 AM   #10319

Going for taiwan free & easy trip on 2nd Aug to 10 Aug. First time.

Anyone going there during this period too?

I think August is the heat season.

I will post up the plans here, see if anything need to improved, will need everyone's experts comments
Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #10320
Banned

anyone knows any place that sell cheap cosmetics stuff? as in, kose q10 facial mask to be exact..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.