HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #11401

helloz..

anyone book CityInn in Taipei b4?

try to reserve via website... but... all chinese..don understand.. lolz..
Old 26-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #11402

Hey,

just wanna should i go to Sun Moon Lake along the way from taipei->kaohsiung via taichung side or when im back from kaohsiung->taipei via hualien side

which way is more convient?
definitely taipei->khaohsiung via taichung. Look at the map of taiwan and the rail lines and you will know why
Old 26-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #11403
Supremacy Member

any hotels to recommend in taiwan that accept online booking?
still short of hotels in these places. budget is ard $150 for 3 person/night. need to have ensuite toilets and preferably near metro

taipei
emailed miyi, waiting for reply.
TS, rainbow,castle hotel,futurestar are out of the qns (no rms available)
wonstar,go city inn is out (out of budget)

kaohsiung
howard is out (out of budget)

tainan
taichong
alishan

actually tried a lot of hotels liao, either no rooms, or out of budget or no online booking...haiz
trip is in dec 06 to dec 15. started to book last wk already...think too late liao...a bit worried...dunno need to sleep 'hua yuan' or not? haha
Old 26-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #11404

any hotels to recommend in taiwan that accept online booking?
still short of hotels in these places. budget is ard $150 for 3 person/night. need to have ensuite toilets and preferably near metro

taipei

kaohsiung

tainan
taichong
alishan

actually tried a lot of hotels liao, either no rooms, or out of budget or no online booking...haiz
trip is in dec 06 to dec 15. started to book last wk already...think too late liao...a bit worried...dunno need to sleep 'hua yuan' or not? haha
You can try Ferrary Hotel, I have not stayed there but heard from a friend that it is not bad..
you can look you the site for reference.
http://www.imvr.net/hotel/ferrary/about_en.php

You can try Neijiang too.
http://www.neijiang-hotel.com.tw/

Another one is Good Ground Hotel (Guo Guang Da Fan Dian)
http://www.goodground.com.tw/en/

Hope it helps....
Old 27-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #11405

I got around TWD7000, anyone want to exchange?
Balance money after my Taiwan trip.
Old 27-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #11406

hey peeps
i will be going to TW from 8 nov to 14Nov
anyone wanna share cab to tour ard?
I am going with my bf.. so there are 2 of us...

PM me please
Old 27-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #11407

I got around TWD7000, anyone want to exchange?
Balance money after my Taiwan trip.
What is the exchange rate you are looking at for ur NT7000?
Old 27-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #11408

[QUOTE=universe;33287573]any hotels to recommend in taiwan that accept online booking?

taipei
try Dandy Hotel (Tianjin), Forte Orange Hotel, East Dragon Hotel

kaohsiung
Try to search in google for 85大楼日租套房, should find quite a few links on this place. it is located at the Highest building in Kaosiung, with nice seaview/city view. Room rate around NT1800-NT2200 additional person NT350, should be around your budget

You can try to go to http://www.easytravel.com.tw/ to search for hotels according to your budget, then go to individual hotel to do booking if you don't trust online travel agencies
Old 27-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #11409
Supremacy Member

felicwei, deartist:
thx for all the recommendations...managed to booked the following:

taipei: good ground hotel. actually have rooms one, but dun dare to book due to bad review. desperation plus the bad reviews were in 2007 and 2008 reviews says it's okie, so in the end, decided to book it
tainan: tainan cambridge hotel
kaohsiung: king's town hotel
taroko: Taroko hotel
hualien: Shin Kong Chao Feng Ranch

now left taichung and alishan
any recommendation for taichung and alishan?

for taichung, my itinerary is:
reach taoyuan @ 6am, go to taichung hotel, leave luggage, catch 8am or 9am bus to sun moon lake from taichung TRA station . catch 5pm or 6pm bus back to taichung and go to fengjia night market. go back hotel @ ard 11pm.
need advice on where i should stay, should i stay near fengjia?taichung train or in between to suit my itinerary? any hotels to recommend? likewise, budget is ard SGD150 for 3 pax

for alishan, itinerary is:
early in the morning check out of taichung. travel to chiayi, take bus up to alishan (heard the forest railway is out ofservice atm due to the stupid typhoon). reach alishan check in hotel. travel ard alishan...
next day morning travel to some peak to view the sunrise...check out of hotel and travel to tainan at ard 9am...
any recommendation on alishan scenic points and things that i must do there? not much information about alishan...taiwan tourism board not very helpful. more concerned about timings and travelling time and mode of transportation. of course, any hotels to recommend? so far, all the budget minsu i found is not at alishan but actually off alishan. tt's not an issue with me except for transportation...if transportation is available, i don't mind staying off alishan. (p.s we have no license, so cannot rent vehicle)
Old 27-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #11410

Hi, anyone can advise if shop at jingtong is open by 9am? thanks
Old 28-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #11411

planning to go Taiwan again on next yr march...

this round will be going wif my parent, so may consider taking tour package from travel agent...

last sunday went to suntec city dynasty travel got roadshow, which package is better? give some comments pls...

1st 8D7N ($1500++/person, tax included)- hualien, taichung, alishan, sun moon lake, kaohsiung, taipei...
(flight SQ, hotel 5star)

2nd 8D7N ($1400++/person, tax included)- hualien + 1day homestay, taichung, sun moon lake, kaohsiung, taipei...
(flight China air, hotel 5star)

Last edited by jasz18; 28-10-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Old 28-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #11412
Master Member

Jetstar offer for next year Jan-Jun
1 way to Taipei: air fare $40 + surcharge $160 = $200
Old 28-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #11413
Master Member

A lots of photos on Taiwan:

http://natural.myweb.hinet.net/
Old 28-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #11414

last year i went to Taipei and i booked a local tour from this hotel in XMD. It is walking distance from Rainbow Hotel. I really dun remember the name. The only clue i got is: The interior lighting is Yellow in color. There is a counter to book local tour.

Would i anyone know what hotel i am talking about?
Old 28-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #11415
Supremacy Member

felicwei, deartist:
thx for all the recommendations...managed to booked the following:

taipei: good ground hotel. actually have rooms one, but dun dare to book due to bad review. desperation plus the bad reviews were in 2007 and 2008 reviews says it's okie, so in the end, decided to book it
tainan: tainan cambridge hotel
kaohsiung: king's town hotel
taroko: Taroko hotel
hualien: Shin Kong Chao Feng Ranch

now left taichung and alishan
any recommendation for taichung and alishan?

for taichung, my itinerary is:
reach taoyuan @ 6am, go to taichung hotel, leave luggage, catch 8am or 9am bus to sun moon lake from taichung TRA station . catch 5pm or 6pm bus back to taichung and go to fengjia night market. go back hotel @ ard 11pm.
need advice on where i should stay, should i stay near fengjia?taichung train or in between to suit my itinerary? any hotels to recommend? likewise, budget is ard SGD150 for 3 pax

for alishan, itinerary is:
early in the morning check out of taichung. travel to chiayi, take bus up to alishan (heard the forest railway is out ofservice atm due to the stupid typhoon). reach alishan check in hotel. travel ard alishan...
next day morning travel to some peak to view the sunrise...check out of hotel and travel to tainan at ard 9am...
any recommendation on alishan scenic points and things that i must do there? not much information about alishan...taiwan tourism board not very helpful. more concerned about timings and travelling time and mode of transportation. of course, any hotels to recommend? so far, all the budget minsu i found is not at alishan but actually off alishan. tt's not an issue with me except for transportation...if transportation is available, i don't mind staying off alishan. (p.s we have no license, so cannot rent vehicle)
any experts can help me out?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.