HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #11446

hi

Oh!! you traveling this sat! good for you. I got this info from other forum. Please call to ask if there is still recording and reserve a place as stated.

綜藝大哥大 - Zhang Fei's show on CTV
http://www.ctv.com.tw/ctv_entertainm...nment_2/11.php
Recordings every Tue.、but sign-up is recommended. Call after 2:00PM every Thu. to sign up and get details of the following Tue.'s recording
CTV Tel: (886) (2) 2781-3888 Ext. 609 for 綜藝大哥大
CTV address: No. 120 Chongyang Rd.、Nankang、Taipei 臺北市南港區重陽路120൯
Hana-cherry,
AirBus' MRT Xindian to Keelung route doesn't go to MRT Kunyang, but it does stop at Taipei 101, which is a 10~15 min. walk to MRT Taipei City Hall Station, 3 stops from Kunyang.
www.airbus.com.tw/city_bus/image/sk.jpg

Thanks a zillion.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #11447

hi

can anyone advise me how can I book the train tix to Hualien (for two way from Taiperi to Hualien, then Hualien back to Taipei).
Old 03-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #11448

Hi,

Just came up with the itinenary of my trip of 7D6N from 21st Dec 2008 to 27th Dec 2008. Please comment.

Day 1, Sunday, 21st Dec 2008
- SIN to TPE
- Check in Hotel in Ximenting
- Shop around Ximenting

Day 2, Monday, 22nd Dec 2008
- Longshan Temple
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
- Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
- Martyns Shrine
- Miramar Entertainment Park
- Shilin Night Market

Day 3, Tuesday, 23rd Dec 2008
- Sun Moon Lake (TMS HSR -> Taichung HSR)
- Check in Minsu
- Tour around Sun Moon Lake and take boat ride

Day 4, Wednesday, 24th Dec 2008
- Watch Sunrise
- Jingming 1st Street
- Shop around Taichung City (Where to shop?)
- Chun Shui Tang Tea House (how to go?)
- Take HSR back to Taipei City
- Check in Hotel in Ximenting
- Karaoke (any recommendation?)

Day 5, Thursday, 25th Dec 2008
- Beitou Museum
- Beitou Hotspring
- Danshuei old street
- Fisherman Wharf
- Lover’s bridge
- (Can add anything else?)

Day 6, Friday, 26th Dec 2008
- Yeliou
- Jioufen
- Wufenpu
- Rouhe Night Market

Day 7, Saturday, 27th Dec 2008
- TPE to SIN

why you want go Martyns Shrine. nothing interesting to see.
you're not going taipei 101?
maybe you can watch a movie. xi men ding a lot of cinemas.
or go to the zoo?
or the mao kong cable car. (if it is back to operation by then, now it's closed for maintenace)
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #11449

Does anyone know if short-term (like 1 week) mobile broadband service is available in Taiwan? I would like to get a SIM card that has a data GPRS line for me to surf net, access news while there. Or maybe wimax can do as well. Has to be for travellers, short terms passes. Thanks.

yeah~ there are private rental for mobile broadband (laptop). It's on the go. As long as the phone company can receive signal, the broadband will be able to work, which means you can even surf in the MRT. But signal will be weak if you go to mountains or ulu places...

SIM card with data GPRS line is available too.

Both type of service require deposit of 2000 to 3000nt which will be refundable. Not sure if they are willing to rent out to tourists though... Daily rental charges is around NT100. I could help if you need any...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #11450

can anyone advise me how can I book the train tix to Hualien (for two way from Taiperi to Hualien, then Hualien back to Taipei).
you may go to the taipei huo che to purchase the tickets. you just let the officer know roughly what time you want to go and come back and he will check for you.

don't be turn away if he says no more tickets! he is refering to the seats. you may respond saying you don't mind standing. if you are lucky you may just be able to find a seat, if not just sit at the stairsway which i often do :p

if you are not able to catch the train on time or the train has left on the day you are suppose to board, just enter and catch the next train. just that if you had bought tix with seats, you may not have the seats this time... no need to buy ticket again~ if you want to change date of travel, it's free for the first time and subsequent changes will be charged.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #11451
Banned

for taizhong, u can go to fengjia night mkt..personally i feel tat it is even better than the Shilin night mkt in taipei in terms of shopping
yi zhong jie > fengjia.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #11452
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Guys,

Any recommended and popular with Sgreans hotels for taichung and kaoshiung?

Thanks

[/SIZE]
Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #11453
Supremacy Member

for taizhong, u can go to fengjia night mkt..personally i feel tat it is even better than the Shilin night mkt in taipei in terms of shopping
speaking of fengjia,
any idea what's best to go there from taichung TRA station? my hotel is just opp the TRA station, thus need to find ways to go fengjia and back at night...
would it be safe to take cab back from fengjia to taichung tra station?is it advisable, as in would the cabbie uncle take me go jalan jalan (i'll be travelling with my gf and mum).
how much would the bus/cab cost?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #11454

Mochi (麻薯)

does any 1 knows if i can get them in taipei coz i onli noe hualien hv, n some more chose wat ever flavour u wan. since last trip i gt go hualien b4 so tis coming trip wont be going, but would like to buy Mochi (麻薯) . During last chinese new yr i gt try those selling in chinatown( spore ) which is nt very nice, stil prefer those in hualien.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #11455

hi all, any good recommendations for hotels around Taipei main station? preferably cheap ones that are ard S$100 daily for a twin room.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #11456

Hi everyone, my 2 friends and I are heading down to Taipei from 23rd Dec to 30th Dec.
Anyone who is interested in hanging out together is welcome to join us!

Mainly we would be doing the basic stuffs like shopping, eating and a little sight seeing.
Generally just chilling out and having a good time.

So if anyone is interested just drop me a msg and i'll contact you

Last edited by Captain_Planet; 05-11-2008 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #11457

Hi everyone, my 2 friends and I are heading down to Taipei from 23rd Dec to 30th Dec.
Anyone who is interested in hanging out together is welcome to join us!

Mainly we would be doing the basic stuffs like shopping, eating and a little sight seeing.
Generally just chilling out and having a good time.

So if anyone is interested just drop me a msg and i'll contact you
I also want to go Taipei...but the air tix is way too ex...wanted to go on 28 nov to attend fren's wedding...sigh!!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #11458

hello, i will be heading taiwan in dec with a group of friends.. need some help with the planning of itinerary.. would anyone be able to help?? please PM me your email add or reply so that I can ask all the questions i need to ask!! thanks in advance!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #11459

Hi, I'm going Kaohsiung and maybe Kenting end Nov .... anyone know any recommendation for accomodation in Kaohsiung (3-4 stars hotel or minsu) and hotel/minsu's in Kenting National Park ? Thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #11460

Hi guys, i need your help. Going next year march to taiwan and cant wait to plan now

We got 8 guys going together gaying around. LOL most of them wanted to tryout the nightlife there. When is the best time to go? they like wan to go 3-4 places but we do not know where is good.

Planning to go LUXY and Pasoul already. Any more good place to suggest??? Thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.