HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #11491

Erms, can anyone help me with my self travel plan to yehliu/jiufen/jinguashih/keelung night market/shifen waterfall and sky lantern? I've so far plan it to be the following (incomplete), but i'm not sure if it's right at all...

====
-Taipei to Yehliu: Kuo Kuang bus from Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal Counter 19 (Next to Taipei Main Station) to Yehliu. Fare: NT102. Travel Time: About 1hr 20mins.

-Yehliu to Keelung: From where we alighted earlier, cross the road to the bus stop outside a convenience store. Board a Keelung or Danshui bus to Keelung Railway Station. Fare: NT45. Travel Time: About 40 - 50 mins.

-Keelung to JinGuaShih: From the staggered bus stop in front of Keelung Railway Station board a Keelung bus with LED sign display "Jinguashih".

-JinGuaShih to JiuFen: What bus do i take to go back to JiuFen?

-JiuFen to Keelung: What bus do i take to go back to Keelung?

-Keelung to Rueifang: What bus goes back to rueifang?

-Rueifang to Shifen: Take train on PingSi line to Shifen.

-Shifen to Rueifang: Take train back to rueifang and travel back to taipei?
====

I've got alot of question marks right now. If there's any part i've totally misunderstood, please correct me~ and it'll be great if someone can answer my question marks....... ><

1. What's there at JinGuaShih? And what's the direction to the place from where the bus will stop? I don't mind giving Jinguashih a miss if there's nothing to see.
2. Is the sequence of the trip i've planned okay?
3. Where exactly is the Shifen waterfall and the sky lantern place?

I'm getting more blur as i gather more info.. faints.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #11492
Master Member

stayed there jz in sept... nt recommended thou... but e breakfast is not bad.... if u wanna budget hotel, u can try tis... but jz 2inform u tt e housekepper dun change e bedsheet....

you mean they dont change it on a daily basis?
or just simply never change it even if there's a change of customers?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #11493

you mean they dont change it on a daily basis?
or just simply never change it even if there's a change of customers?
stayed there 6days and m slpin e same bedsheet. so wad do u tink? y i kno? cos tt x i cm tt "stupid" aunty den stain e bedsheet and dey nv even change.... nex dae, i tot dey change... but, dey onli wipe it clean den tt "stupid" aunty become transparent. tts hw i kno.... lolx.....
Old 11-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #11494
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, can any advice any if Life hotel in kaoshiung is good?

beside this hotel any other recommended hotels for both kaoshiung and taichung?

going in dec now...thanks

Hi Anyone can help?

[/SIZE]
Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #11495

Erms, can anyone help me with my self travel plan to yehliu/jiufen/jinguashih/keelung night market/shifen waterfall and sky lantern? I've so far plan it to be the following (incomplete), but i'm not sure if it's right at all...

====
-Taipei to Yehliu: Kuo Kuang bus from Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal Counter 19 (Next to Taipei Main Station) to Yehliu. Fare: NT102. Travel Time: About 1hr 20mins.

-Yehliu to Keelung: From where we alighted earlier, cross the road to the bus stop outside a convenience store. Board a Keelung or Danshui bus to Keelung Railway Station. Fare: NT45. Travel Time: About 40 - 50 mins.

-Keelung to JinGuaShih: From the staggered bus stop in front of Keelung Railway Station board a Keelung bus with LED sign display "Jinguashih".

-JinGuaShih to JiuFen: What bus do i take to go back to JiuFen?

-JiuFen to Keelung: What bus do i take to go back to Keelung?

-Keelung to Rueifang: What bus goes back to rueifang?

-Rueifang to Shifen: Take train on PingSi line to Shifen.

-Shifen to Rueifang: Take train back to rueifang and travel back to taipei?
====

I've got alot of question marks right now. If there's any part i've totally misunderstood, please correct me~ and it'll be great if someone can answer my question marks....... ><

1. What's there at JinGuaShih? And what's the direction to the place from where the bus will stop? I don't mind giving Jinguashih a miss if there's nothing to see.
2. Is the sequence of the trip i've planned okay?
3. Where exactly is the Shifen waterfall and the sky lantern place?

I'm getting more blur as i gather more info.. faints.
It it good to hire a cab for day trip to Northeast Taipei. You can cover more places.

You may contact Mr Meeky Yang @ 09-2191-5586 or meeky589@yahoo.com.tw. He charged me NT3000, for 4 persons for day trip.

In my previous trip, Meeky brought us to Yehliu, Jiufen, Ying Yang Hai (鸳鸯海), Nanya, Bitou Park (Meeky recommend us to climb up to see the great view but we're too tired to do it), Shifen station (where you can light lantern and post wooden postcard but too bad Shifen waterfall is still closed), Huang Jin Waterfall,Gold Ecological Park [黄金博物园区] (not really interested in museum stuff, only stayed for 10-15 minutes) and MiaoKou NM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #11496
Master Member

stayed there 6days and m slpin e same bedsheet. so wad do u tink? y i kno? cos tt x i cm tt "stupid" aunty den stain e bedsheet and dey nv even change.... nex dae, i tot dey change... but, dey onli wipe it clean den tt "stupid" aunty become transparent. tts hw i kno.... lolx.....

hmm hmmm sounds bad... =(
Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #11497

Hi everyone,

Need a little help here.

I'll like to find out more abt the comfort level in both Wonstar (XiMenDing) & Miyi (Taipei Stn).

Location-wise, I'm ok with either so that's not really a factor here. Would really like to find out which one is more comfortable.

I'm asking this as the feedback I've read so far are very general in nature to indicate that hotel is 'Good' but can't really tell the characters of these 2 hotels from the very general feedback.

Can someone who stayed at both or either one provide some feedback regarding these 2 hotels in terms of cleanliness of room, comfy of bed, deco, breakfast etc? I'm looking at the Deluxe rooms with WINDOWS cos I'll feel claustrophobic without one...

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.

Thanks
I stayed in Wonstar before and is very happy with the price paid. The room is very clean, bed very comfy too and love the jacuzzi bath tub too, good after a whole day of walking. The breakfast is nothing fantastic thou, typical porridge with their dishes, also fried egg, bacon etc. I don't rem them changing the menu thou. Hope this help!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #11498
Master Member

i going taipei on thurs
just asking can i charge my camera there? need step up/down?

what type of pin head they use over there??
thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #11499

i going taipei on thurs
just asking can i charge my camera there? need step up/down?

what type of pin head they use over there??
thanks!
Hi Kooki,

In taiwan they use 2 flat pin head. If you have been to bangkok, they are using the same one as those in bangkok...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #11500

Guys anyone stay paradise hotel before? Is it good? Any idea taipei any place like our SLS got sell budget electronics hehe? Thanks for the input ladies and guys
Old 12-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #11501

Hi Kooki,

In taiwan they use 2 flat pin head. If you have been to bangkok, they are using the same one as those in bangkok...

Hmm, 2 flat pin head? So for those normal 3 pin head (e.g. Nokia chargers) and 2 round pin head digicam chargers, how to insert in ah?

Need to get any adaptors/pins there or the hotel will provide?

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #11502
High Supremacy Member

Guys anyone stay paradise hotel before? Is it good? Any idea taipei any place like our SLS got sell budget electronics hehe? Thanks for the input ladies and guys
Stayed in Paradise hotel before. Not bad.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #11503
Supremacy Member

Hmm, 2 flat pin head? So for those normal 3 pin head (e.g. Nokia chargers) and 2 round pin head digicam chargers, how to insert in ah?

Need to get any adaptors/pins there or the hotel will provide?

Thanks.
go home fix buy,the label state down which country type..no worry
Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #11504
Master Member

but voltage wise how ? if i not wrong, taiwan voltage and local voltage in sg not the same de. ours is 240 250v one i think. theirs is like 110v?

must get a adaptor to step up and down ?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #11505
High Supremacy Member

but voltage wise how ? if i not wrong, taiwan voltage and local voltage in sg not the same de. ours is 240 250v one i think. theirs is like 110v?

must get a adaptor to step up and down ?
Look at your adapter rating. If it say 110v ~ 240v no need to buy.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.