HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #11716
Master Member

yes, abv is correct, just make sure u time the ruifang train. its not v. freq
bus from jiufen goes all the way to keelung. its the ending stop. just alight when i ends

anyway, i always suggest skipping shifen. no idea wht's interestin there.
Old 22-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #11717

Anyone booked their hotels in Taipei through Misa Travel before? How do you find this agency? Reliable?
Old 22-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #11718

yes, abv is correct, just make sure u time the ruifang train. its not v. freq
bus from jiufen goes all the way to keelung. its the ending stop. just alight when i ends

anyway, i always suggest skipping shifen. no idea wht's interestin there.
Any kind soul can advice me? If i wana come back to Taipei frm Jiufen, how should i go abt?
Should i take a railway train or by bus? 3 hrs at Jiufen enough?
Old 23-12-2008, 02:29 AM   #11719
Master Member

depends on wht u wanna do at jiufen. if its just jiufen & walk around jiufen, yes, 3hrs shd be enuff.
u can take bus to taipei, there is. or u return via the way u go via train. just remember to time the train schedule.
Old 23-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #11720

Any kind soul can advice me? If i wana come back to Taipei frm Jiufen, how should i go abt?
Should i take a railway train or by bus? 3 hrs at Jiufen enough?
Jioufen 九份 (Best To Go On Weekdays)
  • Taipei Main Station 台北车站 > Cross the road using an overhead bridge from the train station > Take Keelung Bus 基隆客运巴士 > The bus stop is in front of a clinic with a blue signboard > The service to Jioufen has a sign that reads 基隆 > 九份 > 金瓜石 OR
  • Zhongxiao Fuxing Station 中孝复兴 > Exit 1 > Take the bus that reads 基隆 > 九份 > 金瓜石 (Takes about 1hr 45mins) - NT90 OR
  • Board a railway train to Rueifang Railway Station 瑞芳站 > Transfer to a Keelung bus outside the station.
  • After alighting from the train > Exit the station & walk to the front of the railway station > The road in front of the station is Mingdeng Road Sec 3. If you are going to Jioufen or Jinguashih 金瓜石, you would need to cross Mingdeng Road Sec 3 to the bus stop just outside the shops & café > Take the Keelung bus heading to "Jinguashih" for Jioufen. The bus will terminate at Jinguashih. Bus fare: NT22 (To Jiufen/Jinguashih same bus fare). The bus journey uphill takes about 20mins (to Jiufen)
  • Alight at the Old street (Chishan Street) stop along the road bend > You can see the 7-11 convenience store
[For return: Can take a Keelung Bus directly to Taipei > Stops at Raohe St Night Market 绕河夜市 or Zhongxiao Fuxing Station Stop (竽圆,果冻 from Ah Xing's stall,Li Yi Bing Dian (李仪饼店) OR Li Gu Bing Dian (李鹄饼店) 太阳饼,凤梨酥,芋头酥,Mochi). Li Yi has opened a new outlet at Taipei Main Station Front Metro Mall]
Old 24-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #11721

Does anyone know if Freego or Kuo Kuang Bus goes to 西门大饭店? Or is there a service from Taoyuan Airport that takes me to Taipei Main Station?
Old 24-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #11722

haha at where? can advice?
thr is 1 at Ximen hanzhong street (西门漢中街) -Ximen MRT exit#1, abt 3mins walk along Hanzhong St.

can refer the blog here for the pic & loc. > Taipei - Day 6 & Taipei - Day 8
Old 24-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #11723

Does anyone know if Freego or Kuo Kuang Bus goes to 西门大饭店? Or is there a service from Taoyuan Airport that takes me to Taipei Main Station?
refer to the pic below for freego route....

picture uploaded fail? click here > http://mytripbloggies.com/picture/a-freego.JPG

Kuokuang bus service fr Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Main Station if i am nt wrong
Old 25-12-2008, 03:28 AM   #11724

can anyone recommend a budget and conveniently located(hopefully not far from train station or city centre) hotel in 高雄?staying only for a night.going for the 跨年。TIA
Old 25-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #11725

Smile

Hi thanks all (jessegal and all the ppl who replied me) really appreciate it..
sorry 4 the late reply, as im out of net connection for more than 2 weeks

anyway, im going this saturday afternoon flight,

Btw, I'm going to take glamour photo studio in taipei, booked the time liao 9am on 29th dec, if anyone wan 2 join me 4 the shoot, juz come n we can get extra 10%off. more ppl can bargain more.

refer to this : http://whiteladder.com.tw

they having promotion now 2680NTD 10 pics with album, cd room and 2 costume+makeup. think they can throw in free gift also..

anyone interested pls pm me b4hand so that i can wait outside the studio first

just info, i changed NTD at 21 at chinatown ... dunno hw come everybody gets better rates than me??? hmmm
Old 26-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #11726
Arch-Supremacy Member

can someone recommend me cheap flight to taiwan??
would be flying in February
Old 26-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #11727

Cool

can someone recommend me cheap flight to taiwan??
would be flying in February
if u dun scare of "trouble" then u can fly 2 bkk 1st using budget air (feb gt promo i think only $38/1way), then change plane in bkk using KLM cost ard S$350 nett + can get burger king snacks while waiting at the airport this 1 total cost will b juz ard $400+ but you get premium flight to taipei , rather than spending the same amt using jetstar =boring, no food, no entertainment..
Old 26-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #11728

Wink

Hi thanks all (jessegal and all the ppl who replied me) really appreciate it..
sorry 4 the late reply, as im out of net connection for more than 2 weeks

anyway, im going this saturday afternoon flight,

Btw, I'm going to take glamour photo studio in taipei, booked the time liao 9am on 29th dec, if anyone wan 2 join me 4 the shoot, juz come n we can get extra 10%off. more ppl can bargain more.

refer to this : http://whiteladder.com.tw

they having promotion now 2680NTD 10 pics with album, cd room and 2 costume+makeup. think they can throw in free gift also..

anyone interested pls pm me b4hand so that i can wait outside the studio first

just info, i changed NTD at 21 at chinatown ... dunno hw come everybody gets better rates than me??? hmmm
hi, sorry a bit unclear info.., i mean meet up for payment/choosing together, but the photoshoot u can arrange urself at different day...
anyone interested??

here some sample taken fr the album :
/blog/ap_20071201022604922.jpg?TTgNOVJB3gQna0Al[/IMG]

oh btw, does anyone knw where to buy the cute hello kitty phone in taiwan? coz i saw all those cutes phone r made in taiwan...,

and normally hw much u bargain? slash half the price like in KL market??

thanks all...
Old 26-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #11729

refer to the pic below for freego route....

picture uploaded fail? click here > http://mytripbloggies.com/picture/a-freego.JPG

Kuokuang bus service fr Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Main Station if i am nt wrong
Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

But I don't think Freego Bus brings me straight to my hotel. In that case, I will have to take the Kuo Kuang Bus to Taipei Main Station then take a taxi down or go down to Ximen Station,search and ask around.
Old 26-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #11730

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

But I don't think Freego Bus brings me straight to my hotel. In that case, I will have to take the Kuo Kuang Bus to Taipei Main Station then take a taxi down or go down to Ximen Station,search and ask around.
since its in ximen station, find a nearest hotel in the list to ur hotel, then walk there lor. can save the taxi fare.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.