HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #12721

Hi peeps,

For currency changing in Taipei CKS Airport, do they accept SGD? Coz think previously i've read somewhere online that they recognise USD instead of SGD in Taiwan? Correct me if i am wrong..am worried that if i decided to change all my money in Taiwan instead, and they reject me, it will be a big problem for me. So hope to get some advise before i fly..

Could anyone advise me does Keelung train station have any luggage deposit service? I have tried to email Keelung train station for the past one week. But so far no one replied me yet..

Appreciate some help here

Thanks!
Old 21-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #12722

Hi nuttyazn,

According to what i read from other websites and forums, the Round the Island tickets can board express train. So if one does not take advantage of the express train then the ticket is not worth the price.

The translation from Chinese to English in a lot of websites can be inaccurate or insufficient at times.

http://videoglobe.blogspot.com/2008/...-by-train.html
SORRY< I got confused -NO Fast trains for the student discount tickets. Also I cant read chinese!!only speak Mandarin.Normally blogs and trip reports more accurate.
Old 21-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #12723

this might be quite a long-ago entry, but does anyone knows if this is still valid?
I'll be in Taipei from 10th to 17th may (Sun to Sun)
Still valid- confirmed Dates for May-is 11th and 25th.
April date is 27th

deepblueKM
I've been to nangang last week and the TVBS building is empty and To Rent...
The Guess x 3 show is at the CTV STUDIO

Last edited by nuttyazn; 21-04-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Old 21-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #12724

Hi peeps,
For currency changing in Taipei CKS Airport, do they accept SGD?.....
Could anyone advise me does Keelung train station have any luggage deposit service? Appreciate some help here
Thanks!
They accept SGD at the Airport banks and at the Bank of Taiwan on Chongqing S Rd (Next to the President's office) in town - Mon to Fri during Banking hours.

They should have a Left baggage area or lockers in Keelung as it is a Major stop. both are available at the Taipei main station and Songshan Railway station.
Old 21-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #12725
Arch-Supremacy Member

Still valid-Trying to confirm the Dates for May-Should be 11th and 25th.
April date is 27th

The Guess x 3 show is at the CTV STUDIO
Hi nuttyazn, may i know how u go about checking the recording dates? I'm going from 30 May to 7 June, are u able to check if there are any guess*3 recordings in during this period?
Old 21-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #12726

I read on jesegal's WLMJ that it is best to go to Wu Fen Pu from Wed-Sat, and it's closed on Monday. Just want to check, for tuesday/sundays, why is it not advisable, because as of now it seems that I can only cater either of these 2 dates for Wu Fen Pu. Also, how late do the shops open?
Old 21-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #12727

I read on jesegal's WLMJ that it is best to go to Wu Fen Pu from Wed-Sat, and it's closed on Monday. Just want to check, for tuesday/sundays, why is it not advisable, because as of now it seems that I can only cater either of these 2 dates for Wu Fen Pu. Also, how late do the shops open?
Actually only Mondays as on this day, they cater mainly to their wholesale buyers from all over Taiwan.
Sunday is good to go there as they put out a lot of special offers as well.I Think they are open till late after 11pm but I have never been there at that time.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #12728

Hi nuttyazn, may i know how u go about checking the recording dates? I'm going from 30 May to 7 June, are u able to check if there are any guess*3 recordings in during this period?
Guess x 3
June dates should be 8th and 22nd. Every alternate Mondays but you still need to check in May as they do change dates sometimes depending on Jackies busy schedule.
To call from Singapore using mobile phone, + 886 02 2781 3888.... ext 534
It is best to call after 2pm any day to check.

Alternative Jackie Show:

Bai Wan Da Ge Xing (百万大歌星) recording is on Tuesday- Info extracted from another forum thread is as follows:
Recording at TTV, which is near Zhongxiao Fuxing station.
Recording time: ~2pm - 7pm (Tues)
Address: 台北市八德路三段10號 (somewhere near Zhongxiao Dunhua Station)

www.ttv.com.tw/homev2/TTVlocation/mrt.asp
Tel: 02-25286596轉305 大勇
Old 21-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #12729

Hey, any of the days between 30th to 3rd june you renting a taxi? me and my gf going from that period too. Looking to find people to share cab if possible. Maybe to taroko gorge or sun moon lake?
Old 21-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #12730
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey, any of the days between 30th to 3rd june you renting a taxi? me and my gf going from that period too. Looking to find people to share cab if possible. Maybe to taroko gorge or sun moon lake?
hey, i'd love to but we're already going in a grp of 4...
Old 21-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #12731
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guess x 3
June dates should be 8th and 22nd. Every alternate Mondays but you still need to check in May as they do change dates sometimes depending on Jackies busy schedule.
To call from Singapore using mobile phone, + 886 02 2781 3888.... ext 534
It is best to call after 2pm any day to check.

Alternative Jackie Show:

Bai Wan Da Ge Xing (百万大歌星) recording is on Tuesday- Info extracted from another forum thread is as follows:
Recording at TTV, which is near Zhongxiao Fuxing station.
Recording time: ~2pm - 7pm (Tues)
Address: 台北市八德路三段10號 (somewhere near Zhongxiao Dunhua Station)

www.ttv.com.tw/homev2/TTVlocation/mrt.asp
Tel: 02-25286596轉305 大勇
hey thanks, i find bai wan da ge xing more interesting actually..i'll call 大勇 to find out more. tks once again for the info!
Old 21-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #12732

Hi All

I just came back from Taiwan yesterday.

The exchange rate is 22.7 at Taoyuan airport. (but think departure hall rate is better than arriving hall) Pls note: per transaction is NT30 so should combine all and change it if you have more people.

the rate is so gd?
if arrival rate is 22.0 is already very gd... spore here only 21.8 at most...

anyone can verify the exchange rate at arrival hall at taoyuan airport?
Old 22-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #12733

hi, can anyone advise roughly how much money you all changed when you went to taipei? i'll be gg there for 7-8days free & easy, main itinery is shopping, eating & maybe leisure entertainment (ktv, movies etc), nt so much of sight-seeing. dunno how much transportation & food in taipei will roughly cost
Old 22-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #12734

tried to book meeky yang but he's already full till may... anyone has other recommendations?
Old 22-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #12735

hi, can anyone advise roughly how much money you all changed when you went to taipei? i'll be gg there for 7-8days free & easy, main itinery is shopping, eating & maybe leisure entertainment (ktv, movies etc), nt so much of sight-seeing. dunno how much transportation & food in taipei will roughly cost
movies? i heard it costs NT400..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.