HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #12766

hi.. wats the weather like now in taipei? going there on tues..
Old 23-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #12767

Does Freego bus still go to TS Hotel? This paragraph is in the confirmation email from the hotel.
"As transportation from the airport, please take KuoKuang Bus to Taipei Main Station (about 45-60 minutes), do advice the driver that you are staying at TA SHUN, the driver will guide you to the shuttle bus that will take you to TS (about 10-15 minutes, 11:00-18:00), or from Taipei Main Station, you can take a taxi to TS (about 5-10 minutes), kindly advice the driver that we are near ChangSha St. As for going back to airport, you can buy KuoKuang bus tickets with us, and we will arrange a shuttle (11:00-18:00) to take you to KuoKuang Station."

Thanks.
Old 23-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #12768

not sure if u guys are aware of this website.. have got some coupons u can print to enjoy the promotions

http://www.taipeieasygo.com.tw/epage6-2.html
Old 23-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #12769

just 2 questions regarding sun moon lake:

1) what's the best/fastest mode of transport? bus?
2) rough estimation of traveling time from taipei - SML?

thanks in adv!!
Old 23-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #12770
Master Member

1) best/fastest is by cab
2) cant rem, i think ~3hrs
Old 24-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #12771

not sure if u guys are aware of this website.. have got some coupons u can print to enjoy the promotions

http://www.taipeieasygo.com.tw/epage6-2.html

thanx for the website!!

but.. how to get the "welcome gift"?
Old 24-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #12772

Hi all,

My wife and i have just booked out trip to taiwan on 6th june - 14th june....on cathay airlines $480/pax (inclu. taxes) i am reading on this thread until page 450...wah eyes blurred...have some information already...but just want to ask some info from some helpful and kind souls here, appreciate if you can answer me...

1) Heard that june is pretty hot and what kind of sales can we expect from there?

2) Hotels wise, i have seen cityinn and tshotel as the most fav ones by forumers here...any other highly recommended ones?

3) How much should we roughly change, was thinking $1000 - $1200 enough for 8days ? what is the current best rate now and where to get a better exchange rate in singapore...

4) Any spa to recommend for private couple? hope can provide some links and price..

5) My wife wants to go hualien, how many days should we stay over as we see ppl recomending 2days....some say 1 day enough...

6) Is there any fishing spots like ponds or shops that sell fishing tackles? just looking for my own personal hobby, see i can get anything special there :p

Many thanks to those who can help me out on this....i still have 400pages to go....thanks in advance so i can get bit of my initial planning stuff done and show my wife... cheers!
anyone can help me please? no need reply all..probably what you guys know and can advise on...thanks!
Old 24-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #12773
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think the places you intend to cover is rather ambitious.

Travelling from Taipei to 日月潭 plus sightseeing there can take up to a day. Chiayi to alishan vice versa via rainforest train with overnight can take up to 1.5 day. 2 days if you intend to drop by 奮起湖.
https://ticket.ht-alishan.com.tw/schedule.php

集集 inner line, 清境農場 and 合歡山 can take a day each. Have you check the flowers blooming season?

There are many nice places for photography especially the eastern part.
http://www.erv-nsa.gov.tw/
Yes! the period that we are going.. is the time flower blooming..

mm cos i saw people in taiwan backpack forum post their itinerary out.. seems workable..
but is by cab..
Old 24-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #12774

Hi all,

My wife and i have just booked out trip to taiwan on 6th june - 14th june....on cathay airlines $480/pax (inclu. taxes) i am reading on this thread until page 450...wah eyes blurred...have some information already...but just want to ask some info from some helpful and kind souls here, appreciate if you can answer me...

1) Heard that june is pretty hot and what kind of sales can we expect from there?

2) Hotels wise, i have seen cityinn and tshotel as the most fav ones by forumers here...any other highly recommended ones?

3) How much should we roughly change, was thinking $1000 - $1200 enough for 8days ? what is the current best rate now and where to get a better exchange rate in singapore...

4) Any spa to recommend for private couple? hope can provide some links and price..

5) My wife wants to go hualien, how many days should we stay over as we see ppl recomending 2days....some say 1 day enough...

6) Is there any fishing spots like ponds or shops that sell fishing tackles? just looking for my own personal hobby, see i can get anything special there :p

Many thanks to those who can help me out on this....i still have 400pages to go....thanks in advance so i can get bit of my initial planning stuff done and show my wife... cheers!
After reading all pages, i feel that you can stop after 400 to 500 pages as the rest are mainly repeated questions or can found be at Taiwan WLMJ (wu lin mi ji).

2. The hotel listed at taiwan wlmj are generally good enough. Half of them are located at ximending while the rest are near taipei main station.

4. Looking under hotspring at taiwan wlmj

5. Taroko national park can take a day of tour. If you folks intend to stay minsu, visit night market and others it will be take up 2 days isnt it? There are many places to explore in hualien, you have to ask your boss if she is willing to give up another day of shopping in taipei for sightseeing

6. Have not heard or read anything about fishing
Old 24-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #12775

Yes! the period that we are going.. is the time flower blooming..

mm cos i saw people in taiwan backpack forum post their itinerary out.. seems workable..
but is by cab..
Well by cab that is very feasible but the pocket.....
Old 24-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #12776

Hi,

I am going to Taiwan alone on the 22nd May for 8 days, was planning either Hualien, Alishan, Sun moon lake trip but dunno which one worth more for sightseeing and taking pictures. I read the thread but if engaging Mr Lu etc for bringing me around will be ex for me as I am alone. Any advice?
Old 24-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #12777
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well by cab that is very feasible but the pocket.....
know roughly how much? any contacts?
Old 24-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #12778

hi, not sure if this question has been asked over and over again..

i will be going Jiufen & Jinguashi. should the route be:

taipei > jiufen > jinguaishi > back to taipei

OR

taipei > jinguashi > jiufen > back to taipei ?

TIA!
Old 24-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #12779
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mmm! hualien shld stay for 2days?

currently the itinerary for hualien 1st day is taroko gorge, qi xing tan(before sunset reach) , nitemarket.

2nd day was considering to go for white waterrafting.. anywhere else u guys will recommend?
Old 24-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #12780

Mmm! hualien shld stay for 2days?

currently the itinerary for hualien 1st day is taroko gorge, qi xing tan(before sunset reach) , nitemarket.

2nd day was considering to go for white waterrafting.. anywhere else u guys will recommend?
wow, white water rafting!
how much?
any link?
TIA
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.