HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #12826

Hotspring attire is swimsuit for public but can bare all in private room.

Your day trip for Yehliu, Jiufen and Jinguashi is just rht. Expect lots of climbing for these 3 areas.

Your day for Beitou hotspring follwed by Danshui Laojie and Yurenmatou is ok. You shd have some free time at night after covering all these. May wan to go Yurenmatou ard 5+pm to catch sunset.
Wow thks for your reply I am so grateful.
Any idea what the temperture & weather like in Taipei for this period? Is it drizzling too

So which night market should I go after visiting YuRenMaTou?
Since you just back from Taipei, any area I die die must visit If I want to go scenaric visiting?
Old 27-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #12827

Do YMS in the morning then go to Beitou-You will then enjoy the soak after all that walking.

What to wear at the Hotsprings: You can scroll down for info:
http://www.apresort.com.tw/en/html/hot%20spring.htm

If you go to Danshui Old street, you dont need to go to a Night market to eat. Unless you want to shop some more.
Old 27-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #12828

Hi.

This is my 6day5night Itinery. Please feel free to comment

1st day
Reach Taipei
Shiling Night Market

2nd day
Hua Lien

3rd Day
Yeh Liu
Jiu Fen
Jinguashi
Keelung (should i skip this?)
shi fen
ping xi

4th day
Sun Yat Sen memorial Hall
Taipei 101
Wu Fen Pu
Rao He night market

5th Day
Dan Shui
Yu Ren Ma Tou
Hot Spring
Shida night market

6th day
CKS Memorial Hall
Martyrs Shrine

Please feel free to give me ur comments... esp for day 3... i'm not planning to hire a cab driver. dunnoe if i can cover all these places
Can anyone tell me if my itneray for day 3 is possible?
Old 27-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #12829

Wow thks for your reply I am so grateful.
Any idea what the temperture & weather like in Taipei for this period? Is it drizzling too

So which night market should I go after visiting YuRenMaTou?
Since you just back from Taipei, any area I die die must visit If I want to go scenaric visiting?
Nutty has replied most of your questions. Danshui Lao jiao is one of the area I enjoyed cos the roads along the night markets are wider which makes walking and exploring is enjoyable.

The weather can be a bit erratic. Sometimes it is sunny today and cloudy the next. Beause of the moody and cloudy weather on the day we visited Taipei 101, we decided to give it a miss to going up 89F since we will not be able to get any view up there. Ends up my wife gt time to shop ard and gt a Coach bag which is not launched in Sg yet. ...But take note that if u wanna get branded stuffs, it is cheaper at TY airport , 15% cheaper at Duty Free compared to 5% VAT in the branded boutiques in City....

There is occassional rain / drizzle which is bearable. We din take any umbrella. But get jackets and comfortable shoes. It is quite cooling. Now than I am back in Sg, I have been sweating non stop.......

Last edited by Elvi_76; 27-04-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 27-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #12830
Arch-Supremacy Member

ic bro, so which hotel would be a better choice in your opinion? i wanted to stay ximenting cos ximenting is a night market too right ?
xmd is not a night market, its like a big collection of mini far east plazas and series of shops and eateries. you'll also see some street vendors who're constantly moving around due to legal reasons. xmd usually "closes" pretty early, by 10pm the place will be quiet already.

lastly, the hotels u listed are all fine. just call them up to make your reservation.
Old 27-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #12831

Can anyone tell me if my itneray for day 3 is possible?
Bro,

It is feasible though I tink it will be a bit rush and tiring. We din go to Shifen (Can lit Sky Lantern) and Ping Xi.

We hired the popular and experienced Meeky Yang for our day trip. The below are what we did:

Yeh Liu Geo Park (1.5hrs)

Good for phototaking. We were lucky the weather has been kind to us. The Queen'head was surrounded by many "heads" also as it was difficult to take a solo pic with it amidst the crowd.

Jiu Fen (2.5hrs)
I love this place very much. Very Gu Se Gu Xiang though if I know, I would have skipped eating smelly beancurd!! I almost puke after my first bite and the smell..was......yucks....But no regrets since we must try everythg the locals eat here. We managed to "cleanse" our body by going to Ah Mei Tea house to enjoy precious TW tea...

Jinguashi (1.5hrs)
Dig no gold there but take video and pictures of the house (Si Lian Dong) which was used to film Zhuan Jiao Yu Dao Ai starring Luo Zhi Xiang and Da S. The tour guide even told us the exact spot where Luo Zhi Xiang mopped the floor in the show..haha Also met the filming of the popular Taiwan Discovery Show hosted by this Janet Hsieh. Prettier than she looked in person than on TV.

In between (1 hr)

We went past and stop by to take pics of Gold Waterfall, YinYang Sea, Bitou etc.

Keelung (2 hrs)

We spend our dinner here but frankly speaking, this is the least enjoyable NM for me cos I dun like the smoke and smell of deep fried oily stuff and Keelung has lots of fried seafood stuff.
Old 27-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #12832

Bro,

It is feasible though I tink it will be a bit rush and tiring. We din go to Shifen (Can lit Sky Lantern) and Ping Xi.

We hired the popular and experienced Meeky Yang for our day trip. The below are what we did:

Yeh Liu Geo Park (1.5hrs)
Good for phototaking. We were lucky the weather has been kind to us. The Queen'head was surrounded by many "heads" also as it was difficult to take a solo pic with it amidst the crowd.

Jiu Fen (2.5hrs)
I love this place very much. Very Gu Se Gu Xiang though if I know, I would have skipped eating smelly beancurd!! I almost puke after my first bite and the smell..was......yucks....But no regrets since we must try everythg the locals eat here. We managed to "cleanse" our body by going to Ah Mei Tea house to enjoy precious TW tea...

Jinguashi (1.5hrs)
Dig no gold there but take video and pictures of the house (Si Lian Dong) which was used to film Zhuan Jiao Yu Dao Ai starring Luo Zhi Xiang and Da S. The tour guide even told us the exact spot where Luo Zhi Xiang mopped the floor in the show..haha Also met the filming of the popular Taiwan Discovery Show hosted by this Janet Hsieh. Prettier than she looked in person than on TV.

In between (1 hr)
We went past and stop by to take pics of Gold Waterfall, YinYang Sea, Bitou etc.

Keelung (2 hrs)
We spend our dinner here but frankly speaking, this is the least enjoyable NM for me cos I dun like the smoke and smell of deep fried oily stuff and Keelung has lots of fried seafood stuff.

Thanks man!~ guess i will have to ask the locals for directions when i'm there =D
Old 27-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #12833

i am travelling to taiwan next sat for 8days and i've not plan my itinerary and book the hotel! die... is it a peak season ? i am planning for a side trip for maybe 2-3days but not sure where to go... any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 27-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #12834

Thanks man!~ guess i will have to ask the locals for directions when i'm there =D
Dun worry bro. U will find ya way anywhere even if u dun ask. If u do, the Taiwanese r really cool people and u will fit in easily with them. Just dun be too ambitious to try to cover over and above ya plans but instead focus on the areas u already planned out. Than u will not get burnt out. I am sad leaving Taipei....its really a cool place and i tink I will be back someday again
Old 27-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #12835

i am travelling to taiwan next sat for 8days and i've not plan my itinerary and book the hotel! die... is it a peak season ? i am planning for a side trip for maybe 2-3days but not sure where to go... any suggestions?

Thanks!
currently many hotels are fully booked... maybe try to secure some hotel asap...
Old 27-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #12836

Anyone knows how to go to both luxy and lava from ximen station? Is cab faster? TIA

also, anyone knows how to redeem these promotions? http://www.taipeieasygo.com.tw/epage6-2.html

Last edited by ed_is_on_87; 28-04-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Old 28-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #12837
Supremacy Member

Can someone kindly help me please!~

Guys, i will be landing at taoyuan airport. what is the fastest and cheapest way to go from the airport to my hotel at taipei, riverview hotel near XMD
Old 28-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #12838

hi guys. i have around 21400 NTD to change at a rate of 21.2. Those interested please msg me at 97326601.
Old 28-04-2009, 02:20 AM   #12839

i have booked slove hotel for my coming trip in june...seems like a very nice hotel...booked the VIP rooms already

any people tried there before or any reviews?
Old 28-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #12840

Anyone knows how to go to both luxy and lava from ximen station? Is cab faster? TIA

also, anyone knows how to redeem these promotions? http://www.taipeieasygo.com.tw/epage6-2.html

I liked to know how to redeem as well. As for Lava, I think it's near Shilin Nightmarket so can take the MRT
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.