Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #13126

where arcade?
raffles place
Old 12-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #13127

ya.. my bf oso says so.. =(

actually if its only me and my bf.. den its ok.. but we are going with a group of 7 ppl.. guess its kinda hard too..

anyway, is there any places for us to go in the day? most of the places of interest such as the national palace museum are already cover in the tour earlier. is there anything to shop at Miramar Entertainment besides the ferris wheel?

my rough itinerary are:

day 1: XMD, taipei main station, shilin night market
day 2: morning slot (empty), wu fen pu, raohe night market
day 3: Leofoo Village/ pacific sogo dept store, liaoning night market

any ideas to add on for my itinerary? thanks alot~!! cos sometimes its hard to pacify all 7 ppl.. =.=''

thanks in advance
i went miramar is only for the ferris wheel. haha in fact my itinerary for that day was:
Martyr Shrine -> mirarmar (ferris wheel) -> shilin night market.
if u n your grp like ktv and want to try the experience at 钱柜Partyworld, perhaps can go for ktv for the morning slot, b4 going to wu fen pu.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #13128
Master Member

Hi Tzeming

Thanks for your detailed reply and patience in typing them all out !!

I am going mid Oct , was told by some forummers that I do not hv to book accomodation ahead . Wat do you think ?

I am not a gd Mandarin reader but trying to read yr post repeatedly before I reply u

Can Hehuan and lishan make up 1 day ?? Luo San 庐山 is only for hot springs rt ? I can skip that one though..hehe

Me dun intend to go SML as I think the scenery is so so from my fren's pics, rather I am more interested in Hehuan and CingJing

The tour bus I am taking will drop me at 國民賓館 near Mist Plaza as told. Which is the same as your term called " 清境農場國民賓館" right ?

Will take your idea of staying one night at 松崗區 ard 2044 ft and another nigth stay in 幼獅區 (ard 1700 ft)

Had to go from Fri for 2 reasons : Coz I have booked my hotel in Taipei and I think it will be troublesome for them to change it though it is in mid Oct. Secondly its because I tot I could have a break from the busy lifestyle in the city during the weekends haha. Wat do u think ??

U have the email add to 星光流域 ? Are meals included ? Saw the price is twin 2800 NT for fri and sat !! haha

Will take note of the accomodation that u recommended .

And of thanks for the driver info . It was indeed very helpful

Lastly I am very thankful for your help. Sure take alot of time to type all these in here
Old 13-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #13129

Hi droozy,

hhm... if you go on weekday then no need to book, but you go on weekend better book in advance. Some will requested you to pay in advance, some will not.

for 星光流域 - Price for Weekend like Sat is 4200 not 2800. 2800 only for Friday night and Sunday night. You go to Cing Jing farm, of course need to watch 綿羊秀 and 綿羊秀 only applicable on weekend (Sat and Sun). You decide loh.... different of 1400NT - you can use this money to having lunch in 清境普羅旺斯, their steak super nice haha...
and you dun expect Cing Jing Farm is very far away no body will go, then you are wrong. During weekend, lot car from every area in taiwan will drop to Cing Jing - stuck and very crowed. Ppl come on friday night and back on sunday, so if you go on sunday till tues, confirm will have less ppls..... hm.. you will see a lot hong kong ppl in Cing Jing farm haha. so far not much ppl from singapore will go to cing jing, this is the feedback from minshu ppl and also cab driver.

Honestly to say, there is nothing much in Lishan. Last time Lishan quite famous, but now seem no body will go there. Very simple, you only can see sun shine in Lishan and nothing else. Some more, near by Lishan got Wulling Farm and Fu shou San Farm - both location are more famous. (Fu shou San Farm is the latest new farm - consider more natural as less development on infrastructure)
星光流域 room price:-
*兩人套房定價:4200元
*週一~ 週四 :2350元
*週五、週日 :2800元
*週六及連續假日前一日均不打折

You already plan to go HeHuaSan, if go Lishan.. it become a duplicate visit scenery places.
If you jus go for HeHuaSan, it shd be 2000 NT for 1 cab(ard this price). Is up to you how to decide. If you want scenary, I will rather to suggest you overnight in HeHuashan better still.

國民賓館 = 清境農場國民賓館

星光流域 - http://sunping.nantou.com.tw/?ptype=info - you can see how ppl give comment in their website.

you can find the email address on above link.

most Minshu will provide morning meal only. But 星光流域 got provide tea time and also Dinner. Lady boss can cook very well... delicious food.

Last edited by tzeming; 13-06-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 13-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #13130
Master Member

Oh then besides Hehuan shan and 綿羊秀 anything else that I can roam around CingJing ?

Is Fu shou San Farm very far from Hehuan Shan or CingJing?

星光流域 - will they ask for deposit if I book here though I am only going in mid Oct ??

For the driver, must book him early for the Hehuan shan ? Or can call when I reach Taipei ?

Thanks for all yr advice !!

Hi droozy,

hhm... if you go on weekday then no need to book, but you go on weekend better book in advance. Some will requested you to pay in advance, some will not.

for 星光流域 - Price for Weekend like Sat is 4200 not 2800. 2800 only for Friday night and Sunday night. You go to Cing Jing farm, of course need to watch 綿羊秀 and 綿羊秀 only applicable on weekend (Sat and Sun). You decide loh.... different of 1400NT - you can use this money to having lunch in 清境普羅旺斯, their steak super nice haha...
and you dun expect Cing Jing Farm is very far away no body will go, then you are wrong. During weekend, lot car from every area in taiwan will drop to Cing Jing - stuck and very crowed. Ppl come on friday night and back on sunday, so if you go on sunday till tues, confirm will have less ppls..... hm.. you will see a lot hong kong ppl in Cing Jing farm haha. so far not much ppl from singapore will go to cing jing, this is the feedback from minshu ppl and also cab driver.

Honestly to say, there is nothing much in Lishan. Last time Lishan quite famous, but now seem no body will go there. Very simple, you only can see sun shine in Lishan and nothing else. Some more, near by Lishan got Wulling Farm and Fu shou San Farm - both location are more famous. (Fu shou San Farm is the latest new farm - consider more natural as less development on infrastructure)
星光流域 room price:-
*兩人套房定價:4200元
*週一~ 週四 :2350元
*週五、週日 :2800元
*週六及連續假日前一日均不打折

You already plan to go HeHuaSan, if go Lishan.. it become a duplicate visit scenery places.
If you jus go for HeHuaSan, it shd be 2000 NT for 1 cab(ard this price). Is up to you how to decide. If you want scenary, I will rather to suggest you overnight in HeHuashan better still.

國民賓館 = 清境農場國民賓館

星光流域 - http://sunping.nantou.com.tw/?ptype=info - you can see how ppl give comment in their website.

you can find the email address on above link.

most Minshu will provide morning meal only. But 星光流域 got provide tea time and also Dinner. Lady boss can cook very well... delicious food.
Old 13-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #13131
Great Supremacy Member

Any1 knows the addres?

Taipei diner's Jurassic theme helps avoid extinction

TAIPEI (Reuters Life!) - A dark but never empty restaurant in Taipei has avoided extinction over two decades of ever-changing food fads and themes by standing by its dinosaurs.

The three-storey Jurassic Restaurant packs hundreds of patrons a night into cavernous halls alongside 6-meter (19 ft) long dinosaur skeletons, some with gaping mouths big enough to swallow a beer keg.

Dinosaurs may have gone extinct millions of years ago, but their appeal lives on, said restaurateur Huang Pei-song.

"Because dinosaurs don't exist, everyone will say 'wow, look at these'," Huang said.

Jurassic Restaurant, named after a era some 135 to 203 million years ago when dinosaurs such as Diplodocus roamed earth, opened in 1988 as most Taipei bars were relying on American "Wild West" themes, which have since gone out of fashion.

The original owner was also a Jurassic junkie.

Today, the place competes with restaurants that specialize in hospital, airliner and toilet decor in a country that seems obsessed with theme diners.

The restaurant can seat up to 500 people, including some in private rooms lined with black fiberglass rock. Restroom taps are shaped like Tyrannosaurus Rex heads, as are the handsets on the house pay phones.

The menu is, of course, dinosaur-free, and offers predominantly Chinese food.

And Jurassic's formula has hardly fossilized.

Gaping dinosaur heads pass for a marquee, still enticing up to 300 people a night, many from the busy surrounding neighborhood.

Some have been so many times they barely notice the fangs hanging over their beer mugs.

"This is a good place to chat and drink," said regular customer Henry Chang, 45. "The place is big but relaxed."

(Editing by Miral Fahmy)
Old 13-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #13132

hi people, i have questions regarding travelling to leofoo village.

Take a MRT train heading Nanshijiao Line 南势角线. Alight at Jing-an Station 景安站. Board TaiLien's E-go (Taiwan United) Bus 台联客运巴士 outside Jing-an Station to Leofoo. Bus fare: NT120 (One-Way). NT240 (Return). Travel Time: About 1hr one-way

is the travelling way time from jing an mrt really 1 hr only?
furthermore, do i need to buy the bus tickets in advance? where do i buy it at?
Old 13-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #13133

Hey, anyone going between 30june - 5July?
Old 14-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #13134

hi people, i have questions regarding travelling to leofoo village.

Take a MRT train heading Nanshijiao Line 南势角线. Alight at Jing-an Station 景安站. Board TaiLien's E-go (Taiwan United) Bus 台联客运巴士 outside Jing-an Station to Leofoo. Bus fare: NT120 (One-Way). NT240 (Return). Travel Time: About 1hr one-way

is the travelling way time from jing an mrt really 1 hr only?
furthermore, do i need to buy the bus tickets in advance? where do i buy it at?
Yes u have to alight at Jing An Statn. When u reach the station there will be sign board directing u to which bus stop to take the bus to "Leofoo chun"

Last yr i went , there was this taxi uncle standing ard the bus stop asking if we were interested to take his cab to go up to Leo Fu Chun ( Hence he gathered some more passengers and we travel up ) Save time !!

If u want to take bus, dun need to purchase for ticket . Ask the Bus driver how much u need to pay will do
Old 14-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #13135

Yes u have to alight at Jing An Statn. When u reach the station there will be sign board directing u to which bus stop to take the bus to "Leofoo chun"

Last yr i went , there was this taxi uncle standing ard the bus stop asking if we were interested to take his cab to go up to Leo Fu Chun ( Hence he gathered some more passengers and we travel up ) Save time !!

If u want to take bus, dun need to purchase for ticket . Ask the Bus driver how much u need to pay will do
ty for your info
wa.. no need buy tickets in advance, means later no seats den die la?
Old 14-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #13136

Hi all

i am in taipei now, Staying at yomi hotel.
Old 14-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #13137

i went miramar is only for the ferris wheel. haha in fact my itinerary for that day was:
Martyr Shrine -> mirarmar (ferris wheel) -> shilin night market.
if u n your grp like ktv and want to try the experience at 钱柜Partyworld, perhaps can go for ktv for the morning slot, b4 going to wu fen pu.
icic.. ktv is ok. but the thing is.. my bf mother and auntie are going with us. they dun k too.. lol.. mayb at night after shopping around. tks. will mayb adjusted my schedule so include wu fen pu lor..

thanks alot~!

ty for your info
wa.. no need buy tickets in advance, means later no seats den die la?
regarding abt wu fen pu.. is it veri big to shop? wat is it abt there?
if i were to take cab from xmd, will it be very expensive? or is there a direct bus? and i were to take the taiwan united bus at jing an station.. is there any No to take?
tks..

Hi all

i am in taipei now, Staying at yomi hotel.
hw is the weather there? cos im going on jul 5. haha..

Last edited by b3nben; 14-06-2009 at 11:13 PM..
Old 15-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #13138

just came back from taipei after 7 days.... IMO Wu fen pu, shilin, XMD are over-rated...only can go there for the food... go taiwan must try hualien very nice nw these few days keep heavy rain until got some places flooding....please do rem bring umbrella when go out....

BTW SLOVE HOTEL IS very comfortable and nice and super accessible to taipei main stn....
Old 15-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #13139

The weather today seems good but it is still early in the morning.
Old 15-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #13140

Thunder showers this evening.
The TR-Pass is aimed at young Taiwanese as well as foreigners.

Taiwanese students can choose between a five-day or seven-day TR-Pass, which cost NT$599 and NT$799 respectively, while foreign students have a choice of five-day, seven-day and 10-day passes. The 10-day TR-Pass will cost NT$1,089.

TR-Pass holders will have unlimited access to several TRA train services, including the Chukuang Express, Fuxing Express and commuter trains. However, they will not be able to use the pass on Tzuchiang Express trains, the most expensive service.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../15/2003446240
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.