HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #13276

Travel from Taipei > Yeliu > Jiu Fen > Taipei

hihi... anyone knows how to travel from Taipei to Yeliu, then from Yeliu to Jiu Fen and back from JiuFen to Taipei? Is this possible without a car and travelling via public transport?

Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #13277

hi, anyone took a taxi from airport to ximending before? about how much does it cost and if i choose freego bus per ticket how much?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #13278

hihi... anyone knows how to travel from Taipei to Yeliu, then from Yeliu to Jiu Fen and back from JiuFen to Taipei? Is this possible without a car and travelling via public transport?

Thanks!!
Yes, possible. When you going?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #13279

hi, anyone took a taxi from airport to ximending before? about how much does it cost and if i choose freego bus per ticket how much?
Don't bother to take a cab from the airport. It will be ex! Bus ticket should cost around NT$100
Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #13280

hi, for the bus to leofoo village. if i do no purchase the tickets before hand, somemore i only board at jingan station. means if the bus is full when it reaches jing an, means i cant go le? what are the chances of meeting a packed bus?

thanks for your help!
The shuttle bus to leofoo has a frequency of about 40mins. If you miss the first bus, just wait lor, or share a cab with others if you are in hurry. Now is school holidays in taiwan, should be packed during the weekends. Try to go on weekdays, lesser ppl.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #13281

hi,
just went to Arcade chg money..
S$1 = 22.15 (thursday 2JUL 1pm)...long queue...suggest those going go after lunch time....= ="

also went to UIC building taiwan tourism assoc to collect my free gift voucher, surprise also got 故宮入門券
also collected some brochures, lucky i nvr buy any taibei map, the brochure got a free big one...
Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #13282

hi,
just went to Arcade chg money..
S$1 = 22.15 (thursday 2JUL 1pm)...long queue...suggest those going go after lunch time....= ="

also went to UIC building taiwan tourism assoc to collect my free gift voucher, surprise also got 故宮入門券
also collected some brochures, lucky i nvr buy any taibei map, the brochure got a free big one...
i need to bring what to collect the brochures?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #13283

i need to bring what to collect the brochures?
just nid to bring urself there to collect brochures and maps....
they are givin out free tickets to theme parks/mrt cards if they run out of it.... but nid to produce both air tickets and hotel reservation....
Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #13284
Master Member

hi people, anyone of u knows whether ts hotel provide adapter for singapore plugs? ty ty for ya help
i staying at ts now..surprisingly in my room..there is 2 wall sockets beside my tv which can take almost all kinds of pin heads. 3 pins, 2 flat, 2 round all can.

Maybe u can check with ts again if all rooms are the same.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #13285

Just back from a short trip to Taipei.

Weather is hot, hot, hot.

For those planning to visit Miramar for the Ferris Wheel, the Muzha Neihu line extension is openning this weekend, there is one stop at the Miramar.

Visited a Japanese restaurant Chitaka and discovered very nice puddings. See the blogs below for comments. They have a branch in the same building and same floor as Gundam Base Taipei.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/amarylliss/357951

http://www.chitaka.com.tw/dessert.htm

Anyone knows if similar puddings can be found in Singapore?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #13286

Hey Peeps!

Need some advise, i planning to go taipei next week with my gf but have not booked yet. Which is more worth it? personally book the flight + hotel or book through tour agency? if tour agency is better, which would you recommend?

btw, what is "please send me a copy of your WLMJ as well"?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #13287

Hey Peeps!

Need some advise, i planning to go taipei next week with my gf but have not booked yet. Which is more worth it? personally book the flight + hotel or book through tour agency? if tour agency is better, which would you recommend?

btw, what is "please send me a copy of your WLMJ as well"?

Thanks!
wat u mean by ''more worth in''?

money terms. book urself is more worth it. get a budget flight abt 400 plus/pax for a round trip and hotel for 2 person cost around 2000NT/night

if u wan less trouble just get a package from tour agency lor, worth it in terms of convenience.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #13288

Thanks!!
  1. From Taipei to Yeliu, you can go to the bus interchange opp the police station near to Taipei Main Station. There is a bus going to Yeliu directly, you can ask the information counter there.
  2. As for from Yeliu to JiuFen, that time I took a bus to Keelung first and from Keelung I took a walk before taking a cab up to JiuFen which cost around 200NT. Hope it helps.
  3. If you are going back from JiuFen to Taipei. There is a bus outside "Li Yi Bing Dian" at JiuFen going back to Taipei.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #13289

If you take cab, it will cost you around 1k to reach ximending, provided there is no traffic jam. I would suggest you take freego bus as they will stop at where you hotel is and remember to ask them what time is the next bus.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #13290

Any recommendation for a suitable hotel for my stay?

Currently looking at 6 adults and 1 infant.

Looking at the range of sgd 100-120 per nite.
Hi darren, you looking for one room to stay so many people? If not, I would recommend you try FutureStar hotel. They also give out 200NT discount voucher so that you can use for the fornight days except for Friday, Sat, Sun & public holidays.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.