HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #13471

Can someone help me regarding TS hotel? Just now I called to them the rate for 1 room - 2 Adult and 1 child (8 yrs old) 2,880 taiwan dollar (promotion price). The lady said the bed is queen size bed and 1 single bed. And she said that they don't have king size bed. Is it true? Cos I feel add 1 single bed almost 1,000 taiwan dollar, quite exp ...
Old 03-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #13472
High Supremacy Member

Sat – reached Taipei at 1930hrs, take freego to FS Hotel, Check-in then go walk around XMD.

Sun - Day trip to Taroke Gorge (Need to book anything in advance)?

Mon (Morning go to Jiufen -> Beitou (Late noon Spa) >Fisherman Wharf- (Evening)> Shilin Night Market> Back to Hotel

Tue (Taipei Underground Mall @morning, Guang Hua Guang Chang@ noon,wu fen pu @ late noon. Taipei 101, Miramar Ferris Wheel in the evening

Wed (XMD, Flight back to SG at 1900hrs)

How is this revised iternary?
Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #13473

Can someone help me regarding TS hotel? Just now I called to them the rate for 1 room - 2 Adult and 1 child (8 yrs old) 2,880 taiwan dollar (promotion price). The lady said the bed is queen size bed and 1 single bed. And she said that they don't have king size bed. Is it true? Cos I feel add 1 single bed almost 1,000 taiwan dollar, quite exp ...
hi.

i emailed them recently and its the same price they quoted me also

the $2880 they quoted is actually the deluxe suite and they only allow adding bed in that room from what i know. so its actually $2380(deluxe suite) + $500(extra bed)

if need 3 person room maybe can look at royalcastle, their online promo now is $2180NT (1 Queensize, 1 Single bed)

http://www.royalcastle-tpe.com.tw/accommodation07.php

Last edited by coranyge; 03-08-2009 at 04:30 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #13474

Does my itinerary looks ok?

Day 1: Wed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Arrival to Taoyuan Intl Airport
Transfer to Freego / Check in hotel rest
Ximending
Club

Day 2: Thu
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yehliu (buy tix from kuokuang @ taipei main station)
Jioufen
Taipei 101
Miramar
Shilin

Day 3: Fri
CKS Memorial Hall
Beitou Hotspring / Hell Valley
Danshui
YongKang St

Day 4: Sat
Taipei > Zuoying (via hsr) > Kaohsiung > Kenting (buy bus tix from Kaohsiung)
Kaohsiung F&E

Day 5: Sun
Kaohsiung > Chia Yi (via hsr)
Alishan
Chia Yi > Taipei (via bus)
WuFenPu
RaoHe

Day 6: Mon
F&E
Flight back to SG
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #13475

ooh.. may i know where to check d dates for those variety shows?
i wanna check guess x3, bai wan da ge xin n show luo's..

thanks in advance!
ya, i also wan to know wheres the schedule and how to book it? anyone knows?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #13476
tjp

Ximending
Club

Jioufen
Taipei 101
Miramar
Shilin

CKS Memorial Hall
Danshui
YongKang St

Kaohsiung F&E

Alishan
WuFenPu
RaoHe

F&E
Flight back to SG
Can day 4 and 5 be done ?? I am planning a 6 day trip also.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #13477

day 4 can be done but u won't get to enjoy kenting, day 5 definitely not. alishan will take up half a day
Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #13478

Smile

Can anyone recommend a hotel near Taipei 101 with rooms with views of 101? budget ard SGD 150-200 per night.
xie xie =)

Last edited by mem0ry; 03-08-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #13479

Can anyone recommend a hotel near Taipei 101 with rooms with views of 101? budget ard SGD 150-200 per night.
xie xie =)
for this price u can get a rather good hotel, try this

http://www.tango-hotels.com/
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #13480

any1 can advise if i should book a driver/tour guide for NT3000 (4pax) for going to Yehliu, Geelung, Jinguashi and Jiufen? was thinking if we were to travel ourselves will the transport cost be very much cheaper or abt the same? if abt the same (or not very big difference) then i'll book a driver to save the hassle of getting lost and more comfort
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #13481

Sat – reached Taipei at 1930hrs, take freego to FS Hotel, Check-in then go walk around XMD.

Sun - Day trip to Taroke Gorge (Need to book anything in advance)?

Buy train tickets in advance and book a tour guide if you know one. Perhaps you may swap this day to a weekday to avoid large crowd.

Mon (Morning go to Jiufen -> Beitou (Late noon Spa) >Fisherman Wharf- (Evening)> Shilin Night Market> Back to Hotel

Tue (Taipei Underground Mall @morning, Guang Hua Guang Chang@ noon,wu fen pu @ late noon. Taipei 101, Miramar Ferris Wheel in the evening

You gonna skip raohe nightmarket after wu fen pu which is nearby? Taipei 101 at evening, I'm not sure if it will be nice. Maybe others can advised on this.

Wed (XMD, Flight back to SG at 1900hrs)

How is this revised iternary?

Last edited by BossQ; 04-08-2009 at 02:17 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #13482

Ximending
Club

Jioufen
Taipei 101
Miramar
Shilin

CKS Memorial Hall
Danshui
YongKang St

Kaohsiung F&E

Alishan
WuFenPu
RaoHe

F&E
Flight back to SG
I'm not familiar with taipei but i know that the places you intend to visit in Day 2 & 3 is not smooth in terms of travelling. Refer to the MRT map and think how you intend to get to those places to get what i mean. http://www.trtc.com.tw/e/service.asp...B3%87%E8%A8%8A

Kaohsiung to Kenting is 2.5hrs and both ways is 5hrs by bus and 4hrs by taxi. How are you going do F&E in Kaohsiung and what are you gonna do in Kenting?

You need to travel from Chiayi HSR Station to Chiayi TRA Station to catch the Alishan train. Alishan train to Alishan is 4.5hrs and bus will take you about 4hrs. What are you going to do when you reached Alishan? Bus or train from Chiayi will take you another few more hours to Taipei.

Suggest you go Hualien and Taipei only with your given time frame

Last edited by BossQ; 04-08-2009 at 02:12 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 AM   #13483

I'm not familiar with taipei but i know that the places you intend to visit in Day 2 & 3 is not smooth in terms of travelling. Refer to the MRT map and think how you intend to get to those places to get what i mean. http://www.trtc.com.tw/e/service.asp...B3%87%E8%A8%8A

Kaohsiung to Kenting is 2.5hrs and both ways is 5hrs by bus and 4hrs by taxi. How are you going do F&E in Kaohsiung and what are you gonna do in Kenting?

You need to travel from Chiayi HSR Station to Chiayi TRA Station to catch the Alishan train. Alishan train to Alishan is 4.5hrs and bus will take you about 4hrs. What are you going to do when you reached Alishan? Bus or train from Chiayi will take you another few more hours to Taipei.

Suggest you go Hualien and Taipei only with your given time frame
man din know Alishan would take up so long.... guess i gotta leave it out for other options

plan to go to Kenting to visit the Aquarium, Eluanbi, walk around the street. been there once with tour, really loved it!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 AM   #13484

revised itinerary.... hope its more viable

Ximending
Club

Day 2: Thu (maybe will get mr meekys day trip package)
Yehliu
Jioufen
JinGuaShi
Taipei 101 / Warner Village
WuFenPu
RaoHe

CKS Memorial Hall
Danshui
Taipei > Kaohsiung(via hsr, reach kh around 9-10pm)

Kaohsiung > Kenting
National Aquarium <---- any direct transports to here from kaohsiung?
Eluanbi <----- dunno how to get there from aquarium also, cab?
Beach (if got time)
Kenting > Kaohsiung F&E @ nite <----- where in kenting to get tix back to Kaohsiung?

Kaohsiung > Taipei (via Kuokuang bus approx 5hrs reach taipei around 4 - 5pm)
Miramar
Shilin

F&E
Flight back to SG

Last edited by coranyge; 04-08-2009 at 06:20 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #13485
High Supremacy Member

thanks for helping.

Sunday, my wife dun want to go Taroke. She dun like outdoor scenery after hearing from my friend that it is full day hiking unlike me. Got another good place to replace for Sunday?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.