Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #1336

how to call a taiwan hp?

886 then dial taipei hp no?

any eg?
if i remember correctly, their number is 10 digits. 886 is their country code, their their mobile starts with 0; juz remove the 0 will do.
Old 23-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #1337

really ar? can such fault be repaired aR?
nope dun think can be repaired, the board itself would have been burnt... K.O. - opps.
Old 23-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #1338

oh no, i'm bringing my digital camera there and need to charge it there as well, the batt surely won't last for my 6 days there.

will my camera be spoilt too?
Old 24-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #1339

I have charged both fujifilm and panasonic digicam at taiwan without any problems...... those new gadgets wun get burnout lah... Nokia, Motorola and ericsson hp all okie also
Old 25-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #1340

I have charged both fujifilm and panasonic digicam at taiwan without any problems...... those new gadgets wun get burnout lah... Nokia, Motorola and ericsson hp all okie also

True...dun scare the others leh....when im in the army, i charge my handphone battery until shiok oso never spoil..all other brands can charge too. Dun worry, jus bring the converter there, no worries~
Old 25-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #1341

i can't wait to go taipei, still gotta wait for 3 months then it's my turn to step foot there.

i shall go and read all the 90 pages of this thread again to see if i've missed out any valuable info.

anyway, is kee lung worth going? how long is the journey to kee lung from taipei city?
Old 25-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #1342
High Supremacy Member

i can't wait to go taipei, still gotta wait for 3 months then it's my turn to step foot there.

i shall go and read all the 90 pages of this thread again to see if i've missed out any valuable info.

anyway, is kee lung worth going? how long is the journey to kee lung from taipei city?
in my opinion, no.
but all depends on what kind of places u like, for me it is trekking.
places recommended in terms of most recommended to less recommended

1. central: qingjing farm - see the scenaries, sheeps and girls

2. east: taroge gouge - north of hualien, try to see if u can fit two days for that and u can trek all u want. even sight seeing takes almost one full day.

3. east: hualien - see sunrise/sunset at qixintan on a gd day, offshore to see whales, try their mambo fish set meals

4. central: hehuanshan - if lucky with a cold front, u may experience snow at abt the peak of 3200m. can get to see maple leaves at aowanda.

5. east: hualien-taidong xiuguluan - white water rafting

6. north: yangmingshan - see their milky lake, have a bit of trekking, may get to see snow or blossoming of flowers, such as sakura or plum or peach at different seasons. not bad to enjoy scenaries at nite too at their baiyun mansion while listening to live music

7. north: ximending - a shibuya-like shopping area, although i've not seen shibuya yet. bring your gf there

8. south: kending - best to go to the beach resort during the summers. go w/o gf and you can see all the bikini gals there and maybe some of the hot shows in their pubs

9. south-central: alishan - see the giant cypress. planted by the japanese and some of the temples in japan actually are made from these woods. try to take an early bus from the hotels up to yushan, and enjoy the sunrise there with the silouette of the trees

10. north: jinguashi - in my opinion a better place to walk around than the congested jiufen nearby, get to see their historical sites left behind by the japanese miners and walk around their typical houses that are all painted in black, including their ceilings

11. central: riyue tan - nicest during the morning, that is of cos if u r going to stay in one of those expensive hotel around the lake

12. north: danshui - west of taipei, supposedly one of the 10 best scenaries in taiwan, but only if u go in the sunset time.

13. south: tainan - good to just see their streets and daily living (if u r that kind who are into a "cultural" exchange). if go in their feb-mar period, dun miss their yanshui fengbao jie where hundreds of fireworks fly horizontally across the streets

14. south-central: jiayi 228 memorial, the most significant historical site in taiwan, that is if u r interested in their history at all. otherwise, jiayi is mainly a station to set off to alishan on their mountain rail

15. north-east: taiping shan of yi-lan, another nice mountain to climb

16. onsens: everywhere, the most famous are the guguan in central, zhiben in the east, and yangmingshan-jinshan, wulai and beitou/hsin beitou in the north

ok, for the night market, it is the same from the north to the south. go one can already, of cos that is shilin night market.
Old 25-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #1343
High Supremacy Member

by the way, if got time and just want to see the best, just follow the typical japanese tourist schedule

10 days to 3 places - in depth travelling

1. taroge gouge
2. alishan
3. riyue tan
Old 26-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #1344
Great Supremacy Member

oh no, i'm bringing my digital camera there and need to charge it there as well, the batt surely won't last for my 6 days there.

will my camera be spoilt too?
bring extra battery..

i am charging my Nikon dc here..no prob

btw, me posting from hotel now
Old 26-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #1345
Great Supremacy Member

juz came back from keelung....will post comments when i'm back in sg..
Old 26-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #1346
Great Supremacy Member

ok, need to logogg liao..pple waiting behnind me..haha
Old 27-05-2005, 03:10 AM   #1347

thank you zoosh for your detailed answer, really appreciate it!

hey dreamer75,
you seem to be enjoying your trip alot!!
hehe, glad that you are.
will wait for your updates!!
Old 27-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #1348
Supremacy Member

enjoy bro dreamer
Old 27-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #1349

Can I ask for hot spring is it suitable for children the age of 2 yrs old? Or rather do they allow children of 2 yrs old to admit??
Old 28-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #1350
Great Supremacy Member

thank you zoosh for your detailed answer, really appreciate it!

hey dreamer75,
you seem to be enjoying your trip alot!!
hehe, glad that you are.
will wait for your updates!!
heheee..no prob...

leaving taipei tomolo liao lor..so sad...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.