HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #13741

Hi hi,

me and my girlfriend would be going to taipei on 27th Sept to 4th Oct. Otherwise can share with you.

Anyone wants to share a cab from Taipei to Yeeliu + Jiufen + Keelung? Thanks!
26sept-2oct. maybe we can book a driver?
Old 31-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #13742

Hi, what places in Taipei do you guys recommend to visit?
Old 31-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #13743
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello isit safe now to go to Kenting?

And is cing jing farm affected by the typhoon in any ways...? thnx alot.
not sure abt cingjing..but kenting is ok to go
Old 01-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #13744
Master Member

Hi all,

We (2pax) will be going to Taiwan from 20 - 29 sept:

Planning to visit the following places:
-Kenting
-Cing Jing
-Taipei (Also include leefoo village, jiu fen etc.)
-Maybe Hualien

Will just like to see if anyone is interested in sharing cab to these places? We are quite flexible to travelling plans, so pm us if you want to share cab.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #13745

Hi all, appreciate your help for below queries. Thank you so much ...
5 Sep : Fly by Jestar, arrive Taipei airport at 6.30 pm
Check in hotel and go Ximenting area for dinner & a bit shopping

6 Sep : Morning breakfast around Royal Castle Hotel then go SYS and CKS Memorial Hall then go to Modern Toilet lunch and check out from hotel
After lunch go Kaohsiung by bullet train
Query -> Is it troublesome to drag 4 luggages with elderly and 1 child from Ximenting area to Taipei Main station? Cos if take cab, I think we have to take 2 cab. But if the mrt has no lift or escalator (more staircases) then die die must take cab. Can someone advise please? Thank you
Around 4-5 pm arrive Kaohsiung, plan to go Liuhe nightmarket

7 Sep : Plan to go National Museum of Marine & Aquarium but not sure worth to go or not. Or just go Dream Mall and go Cijin Peninsula eat seafood. Any other nice places to recommend in Kaohsiung?

8 Sep : if nothing much in Kaohsiung, will go back Taipei in morning around 10am.
Arrive Taipei, check in Royal Castle hotel then go Beitou hotspring, Dansui, Wufenpu and Rouhe night market.
Query : Is it too pack or just nice?

9 Sep : 8 am go Leofoo Themepark till 4 pm then go Shihlin nightmarket

10 Sep : Plan to go Sun Yat Sen and CKS memorial Hall, take lunch then chcek out and go back Sg. 7 pm flight
Query : Plan to go airport at 4 pm or should we go earlier? Thanks

I heard that Taiwan use 110v? Meaning we cannot charge our hp at there? Thank a lot for your kind advises.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #13746
Arch-Supremacy Member

6 Sep : Morning breakfast around Royal Castle Hotel then go SYS and CKS Memorial Hall then go to Modern Toilet lunch and check out from hotel
Query -> Is it troublesome to drag 4 luggages with elderly and 1 child from Ximenting area to Taipei Main station? Cos if take cab, I think we have to take 2 cab. But if the mrt has no lift or escalator (more staircases) then die die must take cab. Can someone advise please? Thank you

7 Sep : Plan to go National Museum of Marine & Aquarium but not sure worth to go or not. Or just go Dream Mall and go Cijin Peninsula eat seafood. Any other nice places to recommend in Kaohsiung?

8 Sep : if nothing much in Kaohsiung, will go back Taipei in morning around 10am.
Arrive Taipei, check in Royal Castle hotel then go Beitou hotspring, Dansui, Wufenpu and Rouhe night market.

10 Sep : Plan to go Sun Yat Sen and CKS memorial Hall, take lunch then chcek out and go back Sg. 7 pm flight

I heard that Taiwan use 110v? Meaning we cannot charge our hp at there? Thank a lot for your kind advises.
yes,it quite troublesome to drag 4 luggages wif a elderly
no,worries,they got lift n escalator

dreama mall..not veri worth going,
can go xiziwan for sunset
National Museum of Marine & Aquarium ..think is in hengchun(not sure of the english name)
8sep...too pack liao,go beitou hot spring,danshui,mirmar ferries wheel n shilin
wufenpu,leave it on9sep

u need to buy a 2 pin plug,can get it at electrionics shop,airport,sim lims sq
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #13747

Hi, anyone knows if it is safe to go to pingxi to light sky lanterns ?
And is there any specific day/time for it ?

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #13748

National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium >> yes worth going, spectaculating seaview there. got dolphin show also need to check timing

imo kaohsiung nothing much to do in the day, maybe 85 building or various departmental stalls u can find around wufu 3rd street....

agree with fireworks79, dont pack danshui and wufenpu n raohe on the same day... will be pretty worn out from all the walking.. danshui to shilin is nearer than to wufenpu

4pm should be fine, depends on what transport u take... i recently took freego to the airport, got some delay and was picked up by public bus which was packed (had to stand n squeeze with my luggage duh) later on transfer to their coach to the airport. so maybe hire a cab is better if folks n kids are with u

no problem with charging, just get the adapter locally like what fireworks79 suggest. otherwise can borrow them from the hotel receptionist for 100NT deposit (refundable upon return)

Last edited by coranyge; 02-09-2009 at 03:45 AM..
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #13749
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, anyone knows if it is safe to go to pingxi to light sky lanterns ?
And is there any specific day/time for it ?

Thanks.
not mistaken,they do tat on the 15th of CNY only
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #13750

yes,it quite troublesome to drag 4 luggages wif a elderly
no,worries,they got lift n escalator

dreama mall..not veri worth going,
can go xiziwan for sunset
National Museum of Marine & Aquarium ..think is in hengchun(not sure of the english name)
8sep...too pack liao,go beitou hot spring,danshui,mirmar ferries wheel n shilin
wufenpu,leave it on9sep

u need to buy a 2 pin plug,can get it at electrionics shop,airport,sim lims sq
Hi, thanks for your advise.
1. May I know where is xiziwan?
2. Decided to book car from hotel T$2,000 (the lady said the car can accomodate 9 ppl). Is it too expensive? Or I just book from airport?
3. For 8 Sep, if I skip Beitou, where should I go for 10-2pm? My priority is Danshui and Wufenpu & Raohe night market. How about Taipei 101, Miramar wheel?
Plan to go beitou on the last day cos we only need to go airport at 4 pm. I believe should have enough time.

Last edited by paopei; 02-09-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #13751

National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium >> yes worth going, spectaculating seaview there. got dolphin show also need to check timing

imo kaohsiung nothing much to do in the day, maybe 85 building or various departmental stalls u can find around wufu 3rd street....

agree with fireworks79, dont pack danshui and wufenpu n raohe on the same day... will be pretty worn out from all the walking.. danshui to shilin is nearer than to wufenpu

4pm should be fine, depends on what transport u take... i recently took freego to the airport, got some delay and was picked up by public bus which was packed (had to stand n squeeze with my luggage duh) later on transfer to their coach to the airport. so maybe hire a cab is better if folks n kids are with u

no problem with charging, just get the adapter locally like what fireworks79 suggest. otherwise can borrow them from the hotel receptionist for 100NT deposit (refundable upon return)
Hi, thanks for your advise. Decided to go National Museum of Marine & Aquarium. Have you gone to the Cijin Peninsula? Heard lots of cheap seafood there? And Sizih Bay?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #13752

Wondering anyone did arrive at taipei just after midnight and with the hotel transfer prebook, how did you all get to the hotel?

Kindly advise on the charges.

TIA.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #13753

Edited:
Decided to take car, booked by the hotel T$2,000. Is it too expensive?

6 Sep : Morning breakfast around Royal Castle Hotel then go Longshan temple then go to Modern Toilet for lunch and check out from hotel
Query -> Roughly how much if take cab from Royal Castle hotel to Taipei Main station?
Around 4-5 pm arrive Kaohsiung, plan to go Sizih Bay and Liuhe nightmarket

7 Sep : Plan to go National Museum of Marine & Aquarium then go Cijin Peninsula to eat seafood

8 Sep : if nothing much in Kaohsiung, will go back Taipei in morning around 8 am.
Arrive Taipei, check in Royal Castle hotel then go Beitou hotspring, Dansui and Shihlin night market
Query : Is it ok?

9 Sep : 8 am go Leofoo Themepark till 4 pm then go Wufenpu & Rouhe night market

10 Sep : Plan to go Sun Yat Sen, CKS memorial Hall, Taipei 101 and Miramar Wheel.
Or skip all and just go Beitou hotspring? Headache, not much time in taipei
After lunch, check out and go back Sg. 7 pm flight

Thanks a lot for all your advises. Really appreciated it
Old 02-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #13754
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, thanks for your advise.
1. May I know where is xiziwan?
2. Decided to book car from hotel T$2,000 (the lady said the car can accomodate 9 ppl). Is it too expensive? Or I just book from airport?
3. For 8 Sep, if I skip Beitou, where should I go for 10-2pm? My priority is Danshui and Wufenpu & Raohe night market. How about Taipei 101, Miramar wheel?
Plan to go beitou on the last day cos we only need to go airport at 4 pm. I believe should have enough time.
xiziwan is near khh harbour,u can reach there by khh mrt
$2k NT....a bit too high liao
8sept,go taipei 101 n new york new york for sum shopping(both building is opp only)
abt late morleng or early afternoon den go for hot spring,den from beitou, make ur way to danshui(1-2 mrt stops only)
after tat,abt 6pm,make ur way to miramar ferries wheel(free shuttle bus at jiantan mrt station),den settle ur dinner or supper at shilin
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #13755
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, thanks for your advise. Decided to go National Museum of Marine & Aquarium. Have you gone to the Cijin Peninsula? Heard lots of cheap seafood there? And Sizih Bay?
ya cijin,got cheap seafoods
u need to walk for 10-15min from mrt station to the ferry station
sizih bay...is the xiziwzan(is referring to )
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.