HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #14221

there another thread saying alishan is open now ..
so how do we get there other then the fri sat bus overnight travelling to alishan ?
am i able to go there whenever i wan provider there is transport?
Old 24-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #14222
Arch-Supremacy Member

there another thread saying alishan is open now ..
so how do we get there other then the fri sat bus overnight travelling to alishan ?
am i able to go there whenever i wan provider there is transport?
u can go chaiyi by railway..HSR not adviseable cos too far,got to do transfer again
主辦單位還安排免費接駁公車,載送遊客到奮起湖一日遊,提供限量300份鐵路便當,讓遊客玩的開心、吃的盡興。

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...4/1/1tlo6.html
chaiyi county govt got prepare free shuttle bus(should b mini bus),to take tourist up the fenchihu(mid pt of alishan)
for those who wish to go up,i belief there r mani "pte taxi" waiting to bring u up...
as for the cost..i not sure..
these "pte taxi" usually mini bus or 7seater car are usually operators from alishan/fenchihu hotels or minsu ard alishan area....
i belief,during the time u engage wif them,they will oso promote hotel rooms (to earn com la)
Old 24-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #14223

ooo think have to stay overnight at there if i wan to travel there myself rite? if take the guoguang bus need to travel overnight rite?
Old 24-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #14224
Arch-Supremacy Member

ooo think have to stay overnight at there if i wan to travel there myself rite? if take the guoguang bus need to travel overnight rite?
kuoguang bus dun haf overnight travel wan....
u got to take (any1 oso can)
Ho Hsin Bus Service
http://www.ebus.com.tw/

Aloha Bus service
http://www.aloha168.com.tw/index_time.htm

think freego bus oso can (not sure)

all abt the same except fare n the bus route sligtly diff only
Old 24-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #14225
Arch-Supremacy Member

n yes,recommend to stay overnight in alishan(although is cold) but u will not reget goin up there....cos the scene is realli excellent n the sunrise/sunset oso veri nice
Old 24-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #14226

i took a look at the hotel over there cost 5500ntw per nite which is quite expensive to me is there anyother cheaper method? like stay over at chaiyi or is kenting near by?

Last edited by turnerner; 24-10-2009 at 10:58 PM..
Old 24-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #14227
Arch-Supremacy Member

i took a look at the hotel over there cost 5500ntw per nite which is quite expensive to me is there anyother cheaper method? like stay over at chaiyi or is kenting near by?
haha.....alishan market price is like tat wan.....
i was thinking...reach chaiyi liao den ask ard ...see if got cheaper price(cos due to the 88typhoon,alsiahn tourism was badly hit)
currently they r trying to get back the tourists n promote the place again
i oso planning to bring my frds there...oso constraining abt the cost

as for kenting...u can dun dream liao,it at the far far end of south tw,near hengchun area..just the journey from kaohsiung to hengchun is oready 2.5hr liao
unless u realli want to haf a look at hengchun/kenting or a great fan of cape no7..if not veri waste to spend so much hr goin there

btw,i return to hengchun oso(but not this trip),it next yr mar trip
Old 24-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #14228
Arch-Supremacy Member

dun advise ppl to stay at chaiyi den go up alishan..cos
1)very rush,u cannot enjoy happi
2)due to the time rush,u will miss out the sunrise,sunset,the changing of sea of clouds
Old 24-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #14229

Question

Hey folks, currently sitting in the Rainbow Hotel business centre... waiting for my airport shuttle to arrive... yup... 5 days of Taipei over..!

Weather update to those who are coming soon... it has been raining for the past 2-3 days... sometimes heavy drizzle... sometimes light... so light that 50% of the people walking without umbrella.

Hah.. was planning to do some last minute shopping coz the flight is only at 6pm... but me an wife were too wasted already... went to cheong "18" yesterday (with another couple we met on the 1/2 day tour)... and only came back at 4am! its a nightspot owned by Tuo Zong Kang... at the Warner Vieshow area... near Taipei 101. Cover charge is NT700 on a Friday night with 2 drinks. Beer is NT200, Long Island NT350... Music was nothing to shout about... but... the Taiwanese gals are hot hot hot...!! Lots of model looking gals.. Wifey was saying the bartenders were cute... but me no comment. . Oh... we even bumped into Tou Zong Kang himself... and got him to take a photo with us.!

Just to update on the hotpot... the one with the free flow Haagen Daz (also got Meiji Icecream) is Le Ye... right in the same building as Rainbow Hotel at XMT. Costs about SGD20 on a weekday dinner. Got about 6 flavours for HD and 8-10 flavours for Meiji... frankly.. largest and best icre cream spread we have come across in buffets.

Yup... logging off soon.. will share some details or pictures which people still planning their trips... think we have practically covered every inch of shopping area in Taipei within 5 days!
ooh.. so d hotpot buffet wif free flow haagen daz is not Fei Tian Mala Hotpot?
if dat's d case, luckily i'll b staying in Rainbow! hehe..

so from Rainbow hotel, if my flight is oso 6pm (same as u), den how do i get to d airport? Do i need to book d Free-go/Kuo Kuang bus? if so, do i need to book in advance or on d day itself? got anywhere in Rainbow to put luggage for d time being while we go XMD walk walk when waiting for d bus?
Old 25-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #14230

u can just go to the counter at the airport for the bus service ,

when i check it show that they only send u to taipei mrt but when i took free go bus , they took us directly to xmd without changing any bus or transport
Old 25-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #14231

BACK!

Hmm... not completely sure if Fei Tian's ice cream is Haagen Daz... we saw the outlet.. went in to recce the spread... but it sure doesnt seem like Haagen Daz to us. Le Ye's buffet is ala carte for the steamboat items... there's a 2hr time limit and each item is only restricted to max 3 times... imo... more than enough time and food... coz most wun be gorging themselves silly since there are more street food to try... and service is good... oh.. forgot to mention that it is steamboat cum barbeque... the kind with the wire mesh/charcoal type... and they change the mesh regularly for you without even having to request for it... Overall... quite value for money if you ask me.

Not sure about the bus part... coz my f&e includes airport transfer... so got mini van to pick us...

Oh... Rainbow is surely the smallest hotel we have ever stayed in... but service is quite good (but having said that... the good service is probably not hotel specific... coz the sales staff @ the shopping centres we have encountered were also very nice people). No proper room for the luggage... they would just tie and mark down your stuff and it would be sitting in the lobby... (which is probably only about the size of a 5rm flat hall area). Hmm... also the first time we encountered hotels which we are required to deposit the key at the recep whenever we leave... IMO... a little unsafe... coz anyone can just request for the key to your unit when you're not around.

ooh.. so d hotpot buffet wif free flow haagen daz is not Fei Tian Mala Hotpot?
if dat's d case, luckily i'll b staying in Rainbow! hehe..

so from Rainbow hotel, if my flight is oso 6pm (same as u), den how do i get to d airport? Do i need to book d Free-go/Kuo Kuang bus? if so, do i need to book in advance or on d day itself? got anywhere in Rainbow to put luggage for d time being while we go XMD walk walk when waiting for d bus?
Old 25-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #14232

Hey folks, currently sitting in the Rainbow Hotel business centre... waiting for my airport shuttle to arrive... yup... 5 days of Taipei over..!
Rainbow hotel!! the last time i stayed there as well, and i think more than 75% of the folks staying in the hotel were singaporeans ..
Old 25-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #14233
Supremacy Member

Hmm... also the first time we encountered hotels which we are required to deposit the key at the recep whenever we leave... IMO... a little unsafe... coz anyone can just request for the key to your unit when you're not around.
I guess that's typical of Taiwan's hotels, at least the smaller ones. The ones I stayed, King's Town Hotel in Kaohsiung and Wonstar Hotel in Taipei also required me to deposit the key at the counter. According to them, they are afraid of us losing the keys, maybe cos these are actual keys and not keycards and would be troublesome to replace.
Old 25-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #14234

Question

u can just go to the counter at the airport for the bus service ,

when i check it show that they only send u to taipei mrt but when i took free go bus , they took us directly to xmd without changing any bus or transport
yo turnerner.. i mean, when i'm going back to d airport from my hotel.. how to book d transport for Rainbow hotel to Airport? Do i book in advance or on d day itself?
Old 25-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #14235

yo turnerner.. i mean, when i'm going back to d airport from my hotel.. how to book d transport for Rainbow hotel to Airport? Do i book in advance or on d day itself?
u can actually buy the return ticket on the same day u arrive at taipei mean u pay for ur trip to hotel and back to airport on ur departure date..
but i didnt buy the return ticket on the same day thou they did offer me but on my departure day 1 day before i called them to tell them i am taking the bus to airport they will collect the fee when they reach a certain bus stop they have to stop at near taipei station
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.