HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #14251

i signed with taipei manhattan bridal~ nov still can go beach for photoshoot anot? will there be strong winds? and also anybody knows nov got any flower field around anot?

nov cold but still bearable bah~ at least won't sweat during the photoshoot. hopefully no rain and clear sky!
Old 27-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #14252
Supremacy Member

My comments in red below on Day 2 and 3.

Yo! pls help me check my itinerary for my Taipei 6d5n n advice me, if there's any probs.. thanks thanks!

i dunno roughly by wat time i need to leave d night market to catch d 2nd last mrt back to hotel though..

Day 1 (Wed)
5PM Plane reach airport, take Free-go/Kuo Kuang
6+PM Reach Rainbow hotel
7+PM Shih Lin Night Market

Day 2 (Thurs)
8AM Leave hotel for Yang Ming Shan
9+AM Reach Yang Ming Shan
3PM Dan Shui Old Street
5+PM Fisherman's Wharf -> Lover's Bridge
8PM Shih Lin Night Market
No need to go to Shilin again since the night market at Danshui is also very nice.

Day 3 (Fri)
8AM Leave hotel for Yeh Liu
9+AM Reach Yeh Liu GeoPark
12+PM Leave for Jinguashi
1PM Reach Jinguashi
3PM Leave for Jiu Fen
4PM Reach Jiu Fen
There is no direct bus from Yehliu to Jinguashi. You have to go to Keelung to transfer. The bus journey from Yehliu to Keelung alone takes more than 1 hr. Factoring in the transfer and waiting time, you should reach Jinguashi at 2+ at the earliest if you leave at 12.

Day 4 (Sat)
8+AM Leave hotel for Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall
9AM Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, New York New York, Warner Village, Taipei 101
12PM Mr J shop
1+PM Zhongxiao Dunhua area
(Jacky Wu shop, StayReal mayday shop, Jay's Omni n Phantaci)
4PM Wu Fen Pu
8PM Raohe Night Market

Day 5 (Sun)
10AM Leave hotel for Long Shan Temple
10+AM Long Shan Temple
12PM Taipei Main Station Underground Mall
5PM CKS Memorial Hall
6+PM Shida Night Market

Day 6 (Mon)
12PM Check out hotel
12+PM Xi Men Ding
4+PM Airport
6PM Plane leave
Old 27-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #14253
Master Member

1 thing to note, during this period the sky will turn dark from as early as 5pm onwards..so if u wanna go Fisherman Wharf, I tink reach there about 3 plus is ideal. Else when it turns dark, there is nothing much to see liaos
Old 27-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #14254

thanks outlander! normally exploring yeh liu n jinguashi take how long? R d buses from yeh liu to kee lung n kee lung to jinguashi hard to find?
Old 27-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #14255

Ooh AndreFLo, thanks for d advice! So means this period d sunset is abt 5pm? Dat's quite early.. I think i'll go Fisherman's Wharf 1st, b4 shopping at Dan Shui. Thanks again!
Old 27-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #14256
Supremacy Member

thanks outlander! normally exploring yeh liu n jinguashi take how long? R d buses from yeh liu to kee lung n kee lung to jinguashi hard to find?
It's good to reserve at least 2 hours for Yehliu geopark since you'll need to walk 15-20 mins from the bus stop to the park. You can take the bus to Keelung across the road from where you alight. It's very easy cos the destination is displayed in front of the bus. If not, just ask the driver. Can use 悠游卡 to pay. If you find the wait for Jinguashi bus too long, can also take a bus at the same place to ruifang (瑞方) first, then transfer to Jinguashi/jiufen. Ruifang is along the way and there are more buses there.

I went to Jiufen but not Jinguashi due to insufficient time. Jiufen is a nice place and you should cater at least 1 hour for it.
Old 27-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #14257
Supremacy Member

Ooh AndreFLo, thanks for d advice! So means this period d sunset is abt 5pm? Dat's quite early.. I think i'll go Fisherman's Wharf 1st, b4 shopping at Dan Shui. Thanks again!
Both are actually very near each other, separated by water. You can go Danshui and take a ferry across to fisherman's wharf, then take ferry back to Danshui to walk around. Then take mrt back from Danshui.
Old 27-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #14258

Ah, that explains.
Hi
Been here for 24 years and last visited Singapore in '96. Since then , Friends and Family prefer to meet me here for holiday
That is why I quite enjoyed the Singapore food
Old 27-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #14259
Supremacy Member

Hi
Been here for 24 years and last visited Singapore in '96. Since then , Friends and Family prefer to meet me here for holiday
That is why I quite enjoyed the Singapore food
That's a loooong time. So I suppose you speak Mandarin like a Taiwanese now?
Old 28-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #14260

went to miramar ferris wheel and shopping mall, shilin night market. yang ming shan today.
Old 28-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #14261

That's a loooong time. So I suppose you speak Mandarin like a Taiwanese now?
Sure ,not too bad. Most factory people or suppliers think that I'm a local until I make a mistake with my Mandarin , then they get really surprised when they meet me and see a bald Indian guy

s330063 went to miramar ferris wheel and shopping mall, shilin night market. yang ming shan today.
I'm sure you had a great time. It was really a lovely day for moving around. I hope you are enjoying the cooler Mornings and Evenings.
Old 28-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #14262
Master Member

Yup I tink shld go Fisherman's Wharf first den aft tat can walk through Dansui old street also..my itinerary planned wrongly. I reached Fisherman's Wharf when its dark and nothing to see de...to make things worse its raining by the time I reached
Old 28-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #14263

Thanks outlander n AndreFLo again! Hee.. I'm leaving for Taipei in a few hrs le! Hee. So excited!
Old 28-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #14264
Master Member

Thanks outlander n AndreFLo again! Hee.. I'm leaving for Taipei in a few hrs le! Hee. So excited!
Enjoy yourself! Remb to share your experience here! =)
Old 28-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #14265

Anyone know if Taipei Main Station sells "bian dang" for passengers to eat on the TRA? I will be taking the 8am train so i surely need something.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.