HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #14311

Hello all,

beside places like wu fen pu, xi men ding...are there any other ladies shopping area? not looking at high end stuff. i have a Monday afternoon free so thinking how i should go about spening the day. thanks.
zhong xiao dun hua/ zhong xiao fuxing got alot to shop. eg sogo
Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #14312

having my wedding photo shoot tomorrow mainly at northcoast area, seems like going to be a rainy day and it's getting colder and colder
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #14313

enjoy ur photoshoot and share ur exp here with us. cheers
Old 02-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #14314
Supremacy Member

is there bugee jumping in Taiwan?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #14315

Is tw selling those comestic cheaper ?
Like : Kate, MM, Etude hse, faceshop, bodyshop, js ?

Can i know where etude hse n js located which is near to xmd ?
thanks..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #14316
Supremacy Member

Hi,

Can u recommand any cabby that drives to kenting? or where can i find the timetable for buses from kaohsiung to kenting... thanks
I took a cab from Kaohsiung to Kenting. The driver was very friendly and knowledgeable and charged us only NT300 per pax (2 of us). Journey took 1+ hr. A Kuo Kwang bus one-way journey already cost more than NT300 and will take more than 2 hrs, so the ride was definitely worth it. The driver was so good that we booked him for the return trip the very night, at the same rate. Even when he had to go to Kenting with an empty car that night (cos he couldn't find passengers from Kaohsiung to Kenting), he didn't ask us for more money.

His contact details for those who are interested:

Mr Zhang Rui De
Mobile: +886 0932856423

As he knows some minsu operators there, he claimed that he can get us preferential rates. We didn't try cos did not stay at Kenting for the night. He did however got us some discounts for go-karting.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #14317
Master Member

Is tw selling those comestic cheaper ?
Like : Kate, MM, Etude hse, faceshop, bodyshop, js ?

Can i know where etude hse n js located which is near to xmd ?
thanks..
etude is rite in the heart of xmd. nt tough to find. the price is similar to sg though..
Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #14318
Arch-Supremacy Member

I took a cab from Kaohsiung to Kenting. The driver was very friendly and knowledgeable and charged us only NT300 per pax (2 of us). Journey took 1+ hr. A Kuo Kwang bus one-way journey already cost more than NT300 and will take more than 2 hrs, so the ride was definitely worth it. The driver was so good that we booked him for the return trip the very night, at the same rate. Even when he had to go to Kenting with an empty car that night (cos he couldn't find passengers from Kaohsiung to Kenting), he didn't ask us for more money.

His contact details for those who are interested:

Mr Zhang Rui De
Mobile: +886 0932856423

As he knows some minsu operators there, he claimed that he can get us preferential rates. We didn't try cos did not stay at Kenting for the night. He did however got us some discounts for go-karting.
i find ur post veri doubtful....
$300NT from khh to kenting....
just a short distance ard taipei oready cost u tat amt liao
n khh to kenting cannot b 1+hr...
from khh to hengchun oready more than 1hr liao,
from khh to kenting...how can oso b same timing
Old 02-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #14319
Supremacy Member

i find ur post veri doubtful....
$300NT from khh to kenting....
just a short distance ard taipei oready cost u tat amt liao
n khh to kenting cannot b 1+hr...
from khh to hengchun oready more than 1hr liao,
from khh to kenting...how can oso b same timing
Some people are just strange. I'm trying to be helpful and share my experience. It's not as if I'm the cabby or I have anything to gain. It's up to you whether to believe it. I just did that 2 weeks ago. My wife and I paid the cabby NT600 from Kaohsiung Main Station to Kenting and another NT600 from Kenting back to Kaohsiung King's Town Hotel. Anyone interested can just call the cabby to ask.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #14320
Great Supremacy Member

Some people are just strange. I'm trying to be helpful and share my experience. It's not as if I'm the cabby or I have anything to gain. It's up to you whether to believe it. I just did that 2 weeks ago. My wife and I paid the cabby NT600 from Kaohsiung Main Station to Kenting and another NT600 from Kenting back to Kaohsiung King's Town Hotel. Anyone interested can just call the cabby to ask.
really cheap!

juz call the cabby to check, nothing to lose mah.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #14321
Great Supremacy Member

its getting colder in Taipei since yest....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #14322
Arch-Supremacy Member

i only say doubtful of ur post only..nvr even say u n the cab driver hiding sercet agenda...oso nvr say cfm dun haf such lobang....y u so work up
got cannot tell secret meh

i oso got tell the other guy,can try asking at the station but seldom got ppl will want to bring u hengchun...cos journey too far
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #14323

its getting colder in Taipei since yest....
yeh starting to get colder and colder. I just finished my wedding photoshoot at Northcoast area, the wind is so strong that it can blow me away lol
Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #14324

lol so how was the photoshoot? ended so early? tw news say night time will be as cold as 13 degrees! shiok
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #14325

Hi all. I would be going to Taiwan in Jan by Jetstar. Need some help on planning my itinerary now. Could you guys help me on the following questions?

1. Has anyone stayed in Love Boutique Motel before and can it accomodate around 4 people? Will they check?
2. How long does it take to get to sun moon lake from Taichung? Is it far? Or would it be nearer to go from Hualien instead?
3. Has anyone heard of the Hello Kitty Hotel is HsinChu before? I can't seem to find any website or address online but I've seen pics. (not the Kaohsiung Grand-Hi La hotel). I really want to visit the place!
4. Lastly, will shops be only selling winter clothings in Jan? I'll like to do quite abit of shopping!

Thanks!!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.