HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #14326

Tonight it is 13C with highs of 18C tomorrow BUT the weekend forecast For Sat n Sun is highs of 30C up North so we are not really putting our shorts n T-shirts away just yet.

Very freakish weather for 1st week of Nov!! I Think we had a similar experience last year -then after this cool weather ir remained hot till mid Dec or something like that and it remained a mild winter.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #14327

1. Has anyone stayed in Love Boutique Motel before and can it accomodate around 4 people? Will they check?

They will definitely check .Just be straight with them and ask them how much for 4 persons. Ask someone else to send the email.

2. How long does it take to get to sun moon lake from Taichung? Is it far? Or would it be nearer to go from Hualien instead?

Dont know how long to SML but it is closer to Taichung not Hualien which is on the East coast.

3. Has anyone heard of the Hello Kitty Hotel is HsinChu before? I can't seem to find any website or address online but I've seen pics. (not the Kaohsiung Grand-Hi La hotel). I really want to visit the place!

http://www.uni-resort.com.tw/hellokitty.htm

4. Lastly, will shops be only selling winter clothings in Jan? I'll like to do quite abit of shopping!

Jan-So sorry-Only heavy stuff for winter
Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #14328

thank u so much nuttyazn! i couldnt find the hello kitty website since i was searching for it the whole afternoon! i just cheked out the website and it's soooooooooo damn expensive. S$860 ;( anyone wanna share with me?? haha. i'll be going in january! it can accomodate 6 people and it works out to be around $140 per person per night. LOL.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #14329
Supremacy Member

got cannot tell secret meh

i oso got tell the other guy,can try asking at the station but seldom got ppl will want to bring u hengchun...cos journey too far
Yah, my "cannot tell secret" is that I'm a HWZ moderator sidelining as a taxi driver in Kaohsiung.

Not sure whether your statement about distance being too far is still true. Whenever we pass by Kaohsiung Main Station, there would be plenty of cabbies hanging around asking whether we want to go to Kenting. According to the cabby I took, the metro service in Kaohsiung is affecting their livelihoods and many are switching tactics to ferry passengers to places further away without metro.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #14330

Can someone tell me how to go to the Taiwan Toy Museum?

xie xie =)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #14331
Master Member

Kaoshiung to kenting is abt 1.5-2hrs by cab.
Yes, there'll always be cab willing to take you there but i'm not sure of the price.

An eg. of a 2hrs ride is taipei to taichung, this cost abt NT$4000
Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #14332
Supremacy Member

Hi all. I would be going to Taiwan in Jan by Jetstar. Need some help on planning my itinerary now. Could you guys help me on the following questions?

1. Has anyone stayed in Love Boutique Motel before and can it accomodate around 4 people? Will they check?
2. How long does it take to get to sun moon lake from Taichung? Is it far? Or would it be nearer to go from Hualien instead?
3. Has anyone heard of the Hello Kitty Hotel is HsinChu before? I can't seem to find any website or address online but I've seen pics. (not the Kaohsiung Grand-Hi La hotel). I really want to visit the place!
4. Lastly, will shops be only selling winter clothings in Jan? I'll like to do quite abit of shopping!

Thanks!!
Got a better hello kitty lobang in Kaoshiung http://www.livehouse.com.tw/ much cheaper too.

Am staying there for 1 night, though only two of us, just for the kick of it.

If you going to stay In JAn, please post review?

Last edited by tom_kkh; 03-11-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #14333

lol so how was the photoshoot? ended so early? tw news say night time will be as cold as 13 degrees! shiok
very windy, imagine taking photos and nearly got blew off by the wind. I think the shoot will be messy, choosing my photos later lol.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #14334
Supremacy Member

I took a cab from Kaohsiung to Kenting. The driver was very friendly and knowledgeable and charged us only NT300 per pax (2 of us). Journey took 1+ hr. A Kuo Kwang bus one-way journey already cost more than NT300 and will take more than 2 hrs, so the ride was definitely worth it. The driver was so good that we booked him for the return trip the very night, at the same rate. Even when he had to go to Kenting with an empty car that night (cos he couldn't find passengers from Kaohsiung to Kenting), he didn't ask us for more money.

His contact details for those who are interested:

Mr Zhang Rui De
Mobile: +886 0932856423

As he knows some minsu operators there, he claimed that he can get us preferential rates. We didn't try cos did not stay at Kenting for the night. He did however got us some discounts for go-karting.

Thanks man, will try to arrange with this guy for my trip to Kenting.... one problem solved, many more to go, kekeke
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #14335

thank u so much nuttyazn! i couldnt find the hello kitty website since i was searching for it the whole afternoon! i just cheked out the website and it's soooooooooo damn expensive. .
Hi,
Just email them the date you want to visit and ask for the rate. Normally the list price is too high. Check their discounted rates.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #14336
High Supremacy Member

Who is going to Taipei this Sunday on Jetstar?

Last edited by o0KelviN0o; 03-11-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #14337
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jan-So sorry-Only heavy stuff for winter

hi! i'll be going to taipei on16-21 dec, do you know anywhere that sell clothes that suitable for SG?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #14338
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi! i'll be going to taipei on16-21 dec, do you know anywhere that sell clothes that suitable for SG?
im in tw oso
goin on the 18..to 27dec
but got frds joining mi on 20th to 27dec
will b bringing them down to khh n hengchun,den joining another tw frd for x-mas
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #14339

Got a better hello kitty lobang in Kaoshiung much cheaper too.

Am staying there for 1 night, though only two of us, just for the kick of it.

If you going to stay In JAn, please post review?
hey! thanks for the webbie! haha i think i'll just have to be contented looking at the photos. no point going all the way to kaoshiung just to stay in the hotel. don't think i will be visiting kaohsiung. maybe next time. thanks so much!!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #14340

Hi all. I would be going to Taiwan in Jan by Jetstar. Need some help on planning my itinerary now. Could you guys help me on the following questions?

Thanks!!
which date u going to Taiwan in Jan
i will be going there from 20 to 26 Jan

i would like to go sun moon lake and alishan
maybe we can plan the trip together ....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.