HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #1426
High Supremacy Member

now i know why...i din take zhi qing hao..
took another one..10.07am..

dat explains why...cos if same train then we shld see each other at the bus stop..
keke did u go all the way up to the gold mine?.. i didn' go up.. me and my friend bought alot of food stuff that we lazy to take bus go up the mountain top.. we go back hotel put our thing then go ximending
Old 07-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #1427

send.. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Can you send me to? cwongst@singnet.com.sg

Me going on 23rd June! Wow! Really LOOKING forward to this trip!
Its my FIRST trip to Taiwan!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #1428

Hi first time posting here. Does Dreamer or anyone know if Mei Shiuan Hotel at Taiyuan Rd is good? Is it those kind of lok kok ones? How abt Paradise Hotel? Do u all know the rates too, for a twin sharing room. Anyone has contacts for cheap hotels in hua lian and kending? I'll be travelling in mid july before school reopens
Old 07-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #1429
High Supremacy Member

Hi first time posting here. Does Dreamer or anyone know if Mei Shiuan Hotel at Taiyuan Rd is good? Is it those kind of lok kok ones? How abt Paradise Hotel? Do u all know the rates too, for a twin sharing room. Anyone has contacts for cheap hotels in hua lian and kending? I'll be travelling in mid july before school reopens

The hotel is resonable clean. However some of their room is abit small. At NT750 to 800 i would said it is value for money. It even has bathtub, water coolers/heater on every floors. Never stay at paradise or rainbow before which is NT1750 so no comment.

SOme info if u staying at mei shiung.. out of the entrance u turn right is taipei railway station cum mrt.. turn left is zhong shan mrt. Alot of bags, hardware, few comic, toys distributors surround the hotel. Try to avoid 2nd floor rooms as one of the rooms is smelly which my friend request to change the next day. The staffs there are friendly
Old 08-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #1430
Master Member

sure wat yr email address
can upload online ?
i'm sure many others wanna refer to it....
Old 10-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #1431

I juz called up Raffles Exchange $ changer tday. The rate is 18.69 is it gd?
I'm only going in 23rd June. Still thinking if I shld change nw.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #1432
Great Supremacy Member

I juz called up Raffles Exchange $ changer tday. The rate is 18.69 is it gd?
I'm only going in 23rd June. Still thinking if I shld change nw.
seems like its worse man...i changed 18.8 when i went in late may....
Old 11-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #1433
High Supremacy Member

seems like its worse man...i changed 18.8 when i went in late may....
bro the guess video the sound track abit not syn with video hor... I just finish the video into dvd... No bad can see urs abit.. That day really lots of audience else we can get better seats...
Old 12-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #1434

i take zhi qiang if i not wrong.. then i opoosite take a bus to jiufen.. when alight i nv see u leh.. to confirm again thursday is 26th may right....

I miss taiwan.. the food

Hi! I'm gg to TW in next wk. From the TW tourist map, to get to jiufen, k take train to Ruifang from Taipei & change bus to Jiufen. Is that right? The train mentioned here, is it railway train or the MRT? (a bit confused). Is it at the Taipei Main Station? Roughly how much does it cost & takes how long for the train ride?

I heard tat k also take bus to Keelong & change bus to jiufen (bus ride frm Keelong to Jiufen is 10 mins compared to Ruifang's 30 min bus ride to Jiufen)

Car motion sickness , so trying to cut the travelling time as short as possible...=P
Old 12-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #1435
Arch-Supremacy Member

There is a direct bus straight to jiu fen from taipei
U can check out the bus number while u are there.
Journey take like 1hr
Old 12-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #1436

WAO... AFTER 1.4K of posts in this tread.. we have finally become sticky!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #1437
Great Supremacy Member

bro the guess video the sound track abit not syn with video hor... I just finish the video into dvd... No bad can see urs abit.. That day really lots of audience else we can get better seats...
there's no prob when i watched .rmvb version leh, maybe there's an out of sync when u convert to DVD format?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #1438
Great Supremacy Member

Hi! I'm gg to TW in next wk. From the TW tourist map, to get to jiufen, k take train to Ruifang from Taipei & change bus to Jiufen. Is that right? The train mentioned here, is it railway train or the MRT? (a bit confused). Is it at the Taipei Main Station? Roughly how much does it cost & takes how long for the train ride?

I heard tat k also take bus to Keelong & change bus to jiufen (bus ride frm Keelong to Jiufen is 10 mins compared to Ruifang's 30 min bus ride to Jiufen)

Car motion sickness , so trying to cut the travelling time as short as possible...=P
You can take Zhi Qiang or Ying Guang Hao (railway train) from Taipei Train Station to Ruifang.

the train ticket (NT80 1 way, 40 minutes ride) to ruifang, after getting out from ruifang station, go across the road and take bus 825 Ji Long Ke Yun (NT19, 10-15 minutes ride) toward jinguashi direction and drop off at jiufen .

It takes abt 40mins bus journey from Jufen to Keelung. From keelung, you can buy Guo Guang Bus tix back to Taipei.

Hope this helps
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #1439
Great Supremacy Member

WAO... AFTER 1.4K of posts in this tread.. we have finally become sticky!!!
wow...really finally
Old 13-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #1440
Master Member

after 96 pages... i realised only one or two ppl mentioned abt Core Pacific City Living Mall..... so who'd been there ?? worth to go ??? and wat do they have in there ??
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.