HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #14536

Budget airline is uncomfortable one.

Cos you can't bring water to the flight, den you are very thirsty but the fugging drinks on the flight so expensive. Den from sg to taipei so long, if dun drink, sure die one. Den if you are hungry, oso have to buy their expensive meal. Not much leg rooms.

I take b4 jetstar and airasia.
jetstar a bit crampy, i took china airlines to taiwan, actually the seats are bigger by a bit only. so my next trip i will go for whichever offers a better price. when i booked china airlines the flight is only slightly more ex then jetstar, so it's worth it. If jetstar is much cheaper i would have go for it instead.
Old 29-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #14537

I came back yday and Jetstar was delayed for 2hrs plus! The day before, they sent an SMS to say that flight was delayed till 8:20pm (Suppose to be 7:10pm) We were ok since they informed us and we can have some "extra time". When we reached the airport, saw a notice that it has be further delayed to 9:15pm. No SMS notice this time. The reason stated is "Technicak Problem"

Imagine i reach SG already 2am. I have been hearing many many stories of them being delayed lately.

That's all for budget airline.
Old 29-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #14538

I came back yday and Jetstar was delayed for 2hrs plus! The day before, they sent an SMS to say that flight was delayed till 8:20pm (Suppose to be 7:10pm) We were ok since they informed us and we can have some "extra time". When we reached the airport, saw a notice that it has be further delayed to 9:15pm. No SMS notice this time. The reason stated is "Technicak Problem"

Imagine i reach SG already 2am. I have been hearing many many stories of them being delayed lately.

it's norm for budget airlines, if u see the airport display you will see this very often for budget airlines, my last trip to bangkok also delayed for 2 hrs and they did sms me. but for trip back i only realised trip delayed by 2 hrs when i saw the airport display board. nevertheless they managed to fly off at the correct time, but i'm not sure whether they would have waited for me if i'm not there for the 2hrs.
Old 29-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #14539
Supremacy Member

One of my day tour for taiwan only have two destination as follows:-

新光三越, 台北市, big enough to shop for 3 hours?

平溪天燈, where exactly will it be held, is it near to any famous spot or train station

anyone to advice please, thanks
Old 29-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #14540
Arch-Supremacy Member

One of my day tour for taiwan only have two destination as follows:-

新光三越, 台北市, big enough to shop for 3 hours?
depend on where u shop...but generally is still not enough wan

平溪天燈, where exactly will it be held, is it near to any famous spot or train station
it in pingsi town,nearest station is pingsi station

anyone to advice please, thanks
answer in blue
Old 29-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #14541

Highly recommended:
Meeky: 09 2191 5586
NT$3000/12hrs

Mr Lee only charge NT$900 from airport to hotel, NT$800 hotel to airport for a Toyota Wish. Really yi fen jian yi fen huo lo; I really learnt my lesson.

Mr Lee : 886988732787
NT$900 airport to hotel
NT$800 hotel to airport
I'm wondering can I book Meeky's service to bring us around from Taipei to Alishan?

Does Mr Lee has an email account ? I'm going during Chinese New Year, would like to arrange for transport for 5 people with 5 big luggages...
Old 29-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #14542

This is the best deal I find. How you guys think about it? Mr Lu also charges me NT8500 but have to take train to Hualien to meet him. The below mentioned is quote by Mr Ian Chen.

Day 1 台北出發 --> 北宜高速公路雪山隧道 --> 宜蘭 --> 蘇澳 --> 太魯閣國家公園

--> 觀星園山莊 (南投縣仁愛鄉大同村)

Day 2 觀星園山莊 --> 合歡山 --> 清境農場 --> 霧社 --> 埔里 --> (魚池 , 日月潭 )

--> 草屯 --> 台中 --> 台北

以上行程為您報價NT$8,500

(包含油料,車資,通行費,乘客保險)

每日使用車輛時間以12小時計

您不需另外負擔司機的住宿費用

我的車可搭乘6位乘客,空間寬敞不擁擠,可提供DVD與MP3之撥放設備提供您使用

Last edited by jesagal; 29-11-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Old 29-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #14543

I'm wondering can I book Meeky's service to bring us around from Taipei to Alishan?

Does Mr Lee has an email account ? I'm going during Chinese New Year, would like to arrange for transport for 5 people with 5 big luggages...
For airport transfers, can contact:
Mr. Ian Chen
Cell Phone:+8869-5839-6838
Pick from airport to hotel: NT600
Pick from hotel to airport: NT600
Email: jazzlife1022@yahoo.com.tw

Mr Ian Chen also has service for Taipei, Taichung, Alishan, Hualien, He Huan Mount, Cingjing. Just inform him of the places you want to go and he can arrange for you. His car can sit 6persons. Meeky's service is only around Jiufen, Keelung, Yehliu... Just email him and he replies quite fast. Thanks to one of our forumers here who had used his service in the last few posts.
Old 30-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #14544
Supremacy Member

answer in blue
Hi do you mean 3 hours is not enough to cove the whole 新光三越, 台北市?
Old 30-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #14545
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi do you mean 3 hours is not enough to cove the whole 新光三越, 台北市?
ya.........
Old 30-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #14546
Supremacy Member

ya.........
Thas good news for me, that particular day i only plan for 新光三越 and 平溪天燈..

Thanks for the info
Old 30-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #14547

i got super bad experience with jetstar too! damn angry with them!! on 19th nov i checked in 2 luggages at 12pm and the flight was scheduled at 1.50pm. when reached taoyuan airport at 6.30pm, 1 of my luggage did not showed up. upon checking with the china airline counter, they said my luggage was checked in at 2pm and the pilot refused to load anymore luggages. there were 4 victims altogther!

worst of all... i went to taiwan for wedding photoshoot!! my suit, shoes and gf's accessories all in that luggage!!! we demanded them to send our luggage over to us the next day with the earliest SIA flight at 2pm if not the photoshoot would have ended!!! that nite was 19degree, and both my gf and i shivered throughout the nite and the next morn we had to went for wedding photoshoot! really spoilt mood lor cos we keep thinking about our luggage! then when they send my luggage to the bridal shop, they still dare to collect 700NT delivery charges!!! luckily still managed to received before the indoor shoot, so i still get to wear my own suit eventually...

really disappointed with jetstar, we incurred extra 700NT for delivery charges and 1500NT to buy neccessities for the nite, not to say it affected our photoshoot which cost more than $3000!... when i came back sg, i called up their jetstar number to ask them where to file complain and compensation and they gave me a fax no to aust but the number cannot be dialed through. then called them 2nd time, they still dunno how to handle... just ask me write a letter to changi airport T1 jetstar... don;t even know if they will handle the letter anot, anybody knows what number/email/mailing address i can seek redress from?

Last edited by hongge; 30-11-2009 at 05:37 PM..
Old 30-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #14548

forget about redress form budget airlines, dont think they bother that's why it's call budget.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #14549

haii~ if they dun bother, i will not support jetstar anymore, rather pay more $ for other airline next time.

anyway, the photoshoot was fun even though it was drizzling at taipei all the way to taichung.

below was my itinerary~

day1 - select gowns at manhattan bridal taipei

day2 - photoshoot at taichung 8am to 12am (16hrs)

day3 - ximending 大车轮 lunch, long shan shi, hello kitty restaurant, weifeng, sogo, wufenpu

day4 - jiufen, ximending 熊一烧烤 dinner, shilin

day5 - photo selection at manhattan bridal, back to sg

time abit tight, if only we could stayed longer to enjoy the shopping~ might go back again next year to collect the album
Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #14550
Greater Supremacy Member

sorry abt ur bad experience with jetstar bro....

i only take value airlines if i go with my frens.. if go with family,must take normal airline for comfort,convenient and their service....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.