HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #1456
High Supremacy Member

They have different recordings for each ep in one day.
Best to call them 1 week in advance.

They show 1 ep per week on every sat in Taiwan.

Quite miss the place thinking of going there again after all only about $400++ for 5 days only
Old 17-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #1457

for rainbow hotel the hairdryer is plug into the room socket beside the tv. I stayed in the 4 pax room there and realised that there is not alot of sockets ard... i need to plug out the kettle to charge my hp
thx!...then isit possible for me to take hairdryers from other rooms to another room since its by plugged?another thing r the xtra sockets situated at the floor level or table height??
Old 17-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #1458
Supremacy Member

is september a good time to go?

typhoon ??
Old 17-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #1459
Master Member

is september a good time to go?

typhoon ??
mentioned b4... its typhoon season...
but this yr special no typhoon cos i planning to go ard that time oso....
Old 19-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #1460
Supremacy Member

mentioned b4... its typhoon season...
but this yr special no typhoon cos i planning to go ard that time oso....
why no typhoon this yr leh?
Old 20-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #1461
High Supremacy Member

i may be going to taiwan this coming oct/nov........ how many days is sufficient to tour taiwan ley....??

regards,
wacky
Old 21-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #1462
High Supremacy Member

i may be going to taiwan this coming oct/nov........ how many days is sufficient to tour taiwan ley....??

regards,
wacky

see where u want to go and how much u want to cover.. minimium 7 days bar
Old 21-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #1463
Master Member

Just came back today from Taiwan after 9 days fun filled holidays. Will fill in more details and photos along the way. My itenary:

Days 1-2: Taipei (Went to WenFenPu, BeiTou's hot springs, Dan Shui and Fisherman's Wharf)
Day 3: Alishan (Beautiful place, but was drizzling all the way. I like the forest trails. Really interesting)
Day 4: Tainan (Great place to eat. Got a friend to drive me around Tainan's best foods)
Day 5: Kending (Self driven a scooter around Kending and it's very fun!)
Day 6: Hualien (My first experience of a aftershock. Felt tremors at night while shopping)
Day 7: Tian Xiang (Taroko Gorge)- Also self driven a car all the way up to Taroko. A magnificent sight! My fav place so far.
Day 8: Taipei (Went to ZhongXiao area for shopping and Huaxi Street at night)
Day 9: A little shopping in Taipei before going home!

Conclusion:
I think if given a second chance, would visit these places again.

Kending: 2 days would be more fun. (if you know how to ride a scooter)
Alishan: 1 day should be enuff.
Hualien: 1 day
Taroko: at least 3 days and above (wanted to drive all the way up to He Huan Mountains, but got stopped by my wife, saying that it's too dark to travel on the road). Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the mountains.
Taipei: Dun really like the city area, but Dan Shui is quite interesting though. Fisherman's Wharf is beautiful at night, esp Lover's Bridge. Could not squeeze more time to go to Kee Lung, Jiu Fen (my only regrets!)
Old 21-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #1464
High Supremacy Member

Just came back today from Taiwan after 9 days fun filled holidays. Will fill in more details and photos along the way. My itenary:

Days 1-2: Taipei (Went to WenFenPu, BeiTou's hot springs, Dan Shui and Fisherman's Wharf)
Day 3: Alishan (Beautiful place, but was drizzling all the way. I like the forest trails. Really interesting)
Day 4: Tainan (Great place to eat. Got a friend to drive me around Tainan's best foods)
Day 5: Kending (Self driven a scooter around Kending and it's very fun!)
Day 6: Hualien (My first experience of a aftershock. Felt tremors at night while shopping)
Day 7: Tian Xiang (Taroko Gorge)- Also self driven a car all the way up to Taroko. A magnificent sight! My fav place so far.
Day 8: Taipei (Went to ZhongXiao area for shopping and Huaxi Street at night)
Day 9: A little shopping in Taipei before going home!

Conclusion:
I think if given a second chance, would visit these places again.

Kending: 2 days would be more fun. (if you know how to ride a scooter)
Alishan: 1 day should be enuff.
Hualien: 1 day
Taroko: at least 3 days and above (wanted to drive all the way up to He Huan Mountains, but got stopped by my wife, saying that it's too dark to travel on the road). Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the mountains.
Taipei: Dun really like the city area, but Dan Shui is quite interesting though. Fisherman's Wharf is beautiful at night, esp Lover's Bridge. Could not squeeze more time to go to Kee Lung, Jiu Fen (my only regrets!)
Great to heard that u enjoy yr trip.. by the way u nv go shilin market to eat?? shopping?? . Believe u are more of those sightseeing guy... u could have miss those "good" food of taiwan. waiting for yr photos... hey i am a big fan of michael Jordan too.. u play basketall?
Old 21-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #1465
Master Member

Of course, I did not miss the good foods in Shi Lin. Went there the very first night. My favs: Hong You Chao Shou, Xian Su Ji, Lu Rou Fan, just to name a few. But after comparing what I ate in Tainan and in Taipei, I think Tainan has better food.
Old 22-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #1466
High Supremacy Member

see where u want to go and how much u want to cover.. minimium 7 days bar
ic.... i'll probably be going for 7 days....... but haven't book air tix or tours yet...... still deciding few things:

1) itinery...
2) buy air tix den diy... or pay more $$$ for tour packages and save the hassle...

also... do you think i have to start buying the air tix now...? going end of oct.... typically how fast will the air tix/tour packages be fully booked...? den i can roughly estimate how much time do i have to decide on the above things...

regards,
wacky
Old 22-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #1467
High Supremacy Member

ic.... i'll probably be going for 7 days....... but haven't book air tix or tours yet...... still deciding few things:

1) itinery...
2) buy air tix den diy... or pay more $$$ for tour packages and save the hassle...

also... do you think i have to start buying the air tix now...? going end of oct.... typically how fast will the air tix/tour packages be fully booked...? den i can roughly estimate how much time do i have to decide on the above things...

regards,
wacky

oct ok lar not holiday period.. can try to look ard on july and august.. If u budget compare airfare from china airline and Jetstar.. For SIA they see their mood sometime got promotion also. For 7 days u really have to see where u want to go first then u plan which day go where so that u can save time on the travelling. For 7 days dun think u have time to go to kaoshiung liaoz..
Old 22-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #1468
Master Member

I think it's possible to visit Kaoshiung in Oct, as the superspeed trains would be in operation then. Heard from my Taiwan fren that they are opening the stations by Aug. So Taipei to Kaoshiung would probably take only an hour +. But I dunno the prices though. The trains are operated by the company that runs Shinkansen in Japan. Should be quite ex.
Old 22-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #1469
Master Member

Ok people. My pics are up for viewing. Enjoy!

http://taiwan2005.fotopic.net/
Old 22-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #1470
High Supremacy Member

Ok people. My pics are up for viewing. Enjoy!

http://taiwan2005.fotopic.net/

bro u got one picture put wrong liaoz

Taipei 101 from CKS Memorial

First day my friend also make the mistake and he point this building and tell me this is 101.. Hey u know what he been to taipei for 4 times liaoz leh... I still gong gong take the picture like u...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.