HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #14716
Arch-Supremacy Member

how to go to heng chun(cape no.7 location) from taipei?
https://www.yousendit.com/download/V...Y3lZY1JMWEE9PQ
take railway to kaohsiung 1st..den follow my guide to hengchun..
once u reach hengchun...u can see the signboard everywhere liao
if still overlook,just ask the locals
Old 26-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #14717
Arch-Supremacy Member

take railway to kaohsiung 1st..den follow my guide to hengchun..
once u reach hengchun...u can see the signboard everywhere liao
if still overlook,just ask the locals
thank u very much
Old 27-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #14718

currently enjoying life in hengchun
thank you very much!!! appreciated!
Old 27-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #14719

Just back from Taiwan (Taipei-HuaLien-Taipei), modest contribution to this excellent thread for DIY travellers:

#arrived Taipei on Sun 20 Dec evening with a heavy heart after watching news of Sat's earthquake in HL. Thought holiday plans would be messed up. But, heck, everything is so normal, even in HL. Weather is cold though with occasional light drizzle;
#stayed in SeeYou Hotel, located near Exit Z10, Taipei Main Stn. Next to it is dessert shop; across the road, whole stretch of bookshops. Breakfast is via voucher, redeemable at nearby KFC. Two junctions further down from KFC, there's Shoe Street – u will know from two big shoes cast at the entrance. Along this street, couple of side lanes with many shops. A block down from Shoe Street, is XiMenTing. Rooms in hotel are clean, well maintained, toilet facilities are in tiptop condition. Reception very helpful and courteous. Free net access;
#engaged services of Meeky Yang (1-day Yehliu, etc, NT$3,500 for 5pax) and 何先生 (2-days HL, incl. Tarako, NT$450 per pax per day for 10paxes). Yes, very good services – they maximise your sighseeing time w/o being too regimental, recommend w/o being pushy. We'll call them when done with an attraction (if u don't wish to use your mobile, payphones r easily available, just drop a NT10 coin in and call);
#stayed in House of Stone for 2 nights, well taken care of by the effervescent Aunty Liu. Saw we have mobile and laptop, immediately gave us LAN cable and power adapters w/o our asking. Went out of her way to bring us to church for Christmas service. Get to set off fireworks, kids (old and young) love it. Delicious breakfast, slurp. Free net access;
#stayed in SKCF farm for a night. Place is really big, beautiful accommodation set in quaint and serene environs, rent an electric buggy to move around. Crappy expensive dinner but breakfast (incl in room price) was good. U don't get to milk cows but feed cows with bottles of milk @ NT$50 each. Free hotspring access. No net access;
#took train from HL to Taipei w/o reserved seats as they were fully booked - u have to hunt from cabin to cabin for vacant seats. Pray that next stop, passengers boarding do not have reservations, if yes, u will have to yield or if u have an elderly (like my mother-in-law), usually they wouldn't mind her continue taking the seat.
Wishing fellow DIY travelers an enjoyable time in Taiwan.
Old 29-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #14720

Seasons Greetings

Hi Everyone,

I hope that 2009 went well.

I wish all of you All the best for 2010

Happy Travels

Fresh Air....
Fresh Idea....
Fresh Talent....
Fresh Energy....
I wish U to have a .....
Sweetest Sunday,
Marvellous Monday,
Tasty Tuesday,
Wonderful Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Friendly Friday,
Successful Saturday.
Have a great Year. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 29-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #14721

Hi all,

Is Alishan open? if so wats the best time of the day to go up?

will be in TW from 23Jan to 31Jan
Old 29-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #14722
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Is Alishan open? if so wats the best time of the day to go up?

will be in TW from 23Jan to 31Jan
just came back sun only...
went to chaiyi....according the the cab unker..tat is no way u can go up
the only way is by those tourist coach or u bk the hotel at alishan den the ppl up there come down n fetch u up
but den every morleng 0700hrs,the is a bus going up....(think is 1 day 1 trip only)
but i not is go up fenchihu or alishan
u can catch the bus outside chaiyi train station
Old 30-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #14723
Supremacy Member

Guys, am going to Taiwan, Taipei on 19th Jan...just to check with you guys...is there any amusement park that is popular and msut go near taipei?
Old 31-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #14724

hey guys hope someone can help. i will be travelling to hualien from taichung on a sat. how long does it take? problem is i need to meet a group of friends at hualien who will be travelling from taipei on train 1091 and will reach hualien at about 10am cos we have engaged a tour guide who will pick us up at hualien at this time. from the website i saw no train departing from taichung and reach hualien at this time! are there any other ways to check or other alternatives?? thanks!!
Old 31-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #14725

I will like to book Mr Lu to visit HehuanShan between 9th to 14 Jan ... anybody like to share the cab with me? Visited Taroko the previous time i went ... So this time rd will like to visit HehuanShan instead.
Old 31-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #14726
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys, am going to Taiwan, Taipei on 19th Jan...just to check with you guys...is there any amusement park that is popular and msut go near taipei?
leofoo village in hsinchu
Old 31-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #14727
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys hope someone can help. i will be travelling to hualien from taichung on a sat. how long does it take? problem is i need to meet a group of friends at hualien who will be travelling from taipei on train 1091 and will reach hualien at about 10am cos we have engaged a tour guide who will pick us up at hualien at this time. from the website i saw no train departing from taichung and reach hualien at this time! are there any other ways to check or other alternatives?? thanks!!
abt 3-5hr...cant rember taichung to khh is how long but i know from khh to taitung is abt 3hr,den u still haf to transfer from taitung to hualien(there is no direct train from taichung to hualien due to diff railway line)
take another train wif a earlier timing
meaning either u reach 1st or or frd reach 1st lo
Old 31-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #14728

i also booked a train from taichung to hualien on a mon.. the only train avail is the one departing taichung at 748am, journey ~ 4hrs. Reach hualien 1140am.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #14729
Supremacy Member

leofoo village in hsinchu
tks bro....
Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #14730
Great Supremacy Member

Happy 2010 to all!!

Taiwanese really had many ways to celebrate the countdown, cool!! D
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.